Author Topic: "Other Perfect Things" Compilation  (Read 1466 times)

Offline CCrows78

  • Your Party Sucks
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 557
    • http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« on: August 16, 2007, 06:57:37 PM »
This comp was listed for direct download earlier this year but never seeded as far as I can tell.  It's got a lot of early versions of "Hard Candy" songs.  As the text files says below, track 7 is not "Miami".  It's an encore break.  Enjoy!

Originally seeded by Acwk at Bootcity.

Counting Crows
Other Perfect Things - Compilation

This cd was made and given away to fans as part of a fundraising effort held for the victims of 9/11/01

01. insomnia (08.30.01)
02. goodtime (08.24.01)
03. rmid (08.30.01)
04. black & blue (08.30.01)
05. american girls (08.30.01)
06. 1492 (08.30.01)
07. miami* (08.30.01)
08. carriage (07.06.01)
09. butterfly in reverse (07.17.01)
10. goodnight la (07.17.01)

cdr/ripped with nero/wav/flac frontend

Note: I don't know what track 7 is supposed to be but it's not Miami!

******DO NOT ENCODE INTO SHITTY FORMATS*******
******DO NOT ENCODE INTO SHITTY FORMATS*******
******DO NOT ENCODE INTO SHITTY FORMATS*******
Matt


"I don\'t like raisins...they\'re really just humiliated grapes" - Benny & Joon


"I\'m always home, I\'m uncool.  The only true currency in this world is what you share with someone when you\'re uncool" - Almost Famous

http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com

Offline CCrows78

  • Your Party Sucks
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 557
    • http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:17:39 PM »
If you try to pull this and you're not getting a connection PLEASE LET ME KNOW!  I've been tweaking my internet settings and changing my torrent software lately and I think that everything's cool but if not, I need to know.  

Thanks much!
Matt


"I don\'t like raisins...they\'re really just humiliated grapes" - Benny & Joon


"I\'m always home, I\'m uncool.  The only true currency in this world is what you share with someone when you\'re uncool" - Almost Famous

http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com

Offline CCrows78

  • Your Party Sucks
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 557
    • http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:50:06 PM »
I've been looking into what's up with my upload speeds all day long and I think I've found the problem.  My ISP is Comcast and it turns out that in the past six months they've instituted some kind of protocol that screws with torrent seeding.  It explains why I can dowload all I want but once the download's complete, I can't upload for shit.  

There's a "lazy bitfields" setting in Azureus that helps a little so my speed on this torrent has been spotty but it's working.  The connection comes up for a minute then goes away.  

The bottom line is that you will be able to get this eventually but it will take some time since for now you can only pull from me.  PLEASE KEEP THE TORRENT RUNNING on your system for a while once you're done so others can benefit since I can't be much help.  

And if anybody's got any ideas about how to get around this, I'd love to hear 'em.  Thanks!
Matt


"I don\'t like raisins...they\'re really just humiliated grapes" - Benny & Joon


"I\'m always home, I\'m uncool.  The only true currency in this world is what you share with someone when you\'re uncool" - Almost Famous

http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com

Offline raisemyglass

  • Super Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1177
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 01:01:23 AM »
Quote from: CCrows78;7611
I've been looking into what's up with my upload speeds all day long and I think I've found the problem.  My ISP is Comcast and it turns out that in the past six months they've instituted some kind of protocol that screws with torrent seeding.  It explains why I can dowload all I want but once the download's complete, I can't upload for shit.  

There's a "lazy bitfields" setting in Azureus that helps a little so my speed on this torrent has been spotty but it's working.  The connection comes up for a minute then goes away.  

The bottom line is that you will be able to get this eventually but it will take some time since for now you can only pull from me.  PLEASE KEEP THE TORRENT RUNNING on your system for a while once you're done so others can benefit since I can't be much help.  

And if anybody's got any ideas about how to get around this, I'd love to hear 'em.  Thanks!



Yup, I have Comcast as well. I always had a perfect connection. I was always able to connect to everyone and always had a constant upload speed of 45 kBs. Then 2 months ago overnight my connection went to crap. I'm still looking into a fix, but more than likely the only fix will be a change in ISP.
Jason
Crows Town Super Moderator


The enemy is within, don't confuse me with him.

Offline CCrows78

  • Your Party Sucks
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 557
    • http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 01:07:09 AM »
Quote from: raisemyglass;7617
Yup, I have Comcast as well. I always had a perfect connection. I was always able to connect to everyone and always had a constant upload speed of 45 kBs. Then 2 months ago overnight my connection went to crap. I'm still looking into a fix, but more than likely the only fix will be a change in ISP.


I'm trying several different things at the moment so I'll keep you updated if anything works.  Unfotunately Comcast is about all I've got as far as options go at the moment so changing ISP's is out.  Like I said the "lazy bitfields" setting allowed me to make connections and the speeds reach as high as 80 kbs but they never last more then a minute or two.  Anyways, I'll PM you if I come up with anything.
Matt


"I don\'t like raisins...they\'re really just humiliated grapes" - Benny & Joon


"I\'m always home, I\'m uncool.  The only true currency in this world is what you share with someone when you\'re uncool" - Almost Famous

http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com

Offline Simon

  • Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 3434
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 01:29:04 AM »
Quote from: CCrows78;7618
I'm trying several different things at the moment so I'll keep you updated if anything works.  Unfotunately Comcast is about all I've got as far as options go at the moment so changing ISP's is out.  Like I said the "lazy bitfields" setting allowed me to make connections and the speeds reach as high as 80 kbs but they never last more then a minute or two.  Anyways, I'll PM you if I come up with anything.


Matt,

There is nothing you can do unless you change your ISP! They are blocking your packets atleast just when you seed and not when you download! ;)

Offline CCrows78

  • Your Party Sucks
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 557
    • http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 02:02:22 AM »
Quote from: Simon;7622
Matt,

There is nothing you can do unless you change your ISP! They are blocking your packets atleast just when you seed and not when you download! ;)


I've pretty much come to that conclusion.  According to several different forums I've been to today they started using software from a company called Sandvine about a month ago and it's designed to do exactly that.  Goosestepping fucks.  :rolleyes:

Anyhow it looks like somebody's about to finish up this torrent so as long as you guys keep it running it'll get around.  Thanks everyone!
Matt


"I don\'t like raisins...they\'re really just humiliated grapes" - Benny & Joon


"I\'m always home, I\'m uncool.  The only true currency in this world is what you share with someone when you\'re uncool" - Almost Famous

http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com

Offline ossobear

  • Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4660
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 05:50:35 PM »
Can any one jump on this one ??
Crows Town Moderator

Offline CCrows78

  • Your Party Sucks
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 557
    • http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 12:44:36 AM »
Seeding here too...go nuts.
Matt


"I don\'t like raisins...they\'re really just humiliated grapes" - Benny & Joon


"I\'m always home, I\'m uncool.  The only true currency in this world is what you share with someone when you\'re uncool" - Almost Famous

http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com

Offline ossobear

  • Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4660
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 12:49:15 AM »
Quote from: CCrows78;22761
Seeding here too...go nuts.


Splendid been waiting a wile so i think i will :D :D :D
Crows Town Moderator

Offline ottoh

  • One for Sorrow
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 49
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 01:06:57 PM »
thanks for sharing!!

Offline Judith

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1230
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 01:08:37 PM »
Quote from: CCrows78;22761
Seeding here too...go nuts.

Oh thank you :) This looks good :)

Offline ossobear

  • Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4660
"Other Perfect Things" Compilation
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 11:39:54 PM »
With Other Perfect Things. This is also Seeded ;)
Crows Town Moderator