Author Topic: 1994.01.24 - Pearl Street Nightclub Northhampton, MA  (Read 1989 times)

Offline adam8216

• Two for Mirth
1994.01.24 - Pearl Street Nightclub Northhampton, MA
« on: August 29, 2007, 05:12:12 PM »
Counting Crows
Pearl Street Nightclub
Northampton, MA
January 24, 1994
"Hottest Ticket In Boston"

Lineage:
AUD > ? > Silver Disc > Audiograbber > WAV > FLAC

Sound quality : B to B+

1. Children In Bloom
2. Round Here
3. Time And Time Again
4. Mr Jones
5. Anna Begins
6. Wiseblood *
7. Omaha
8. 40 Years
9. Rain King w/Goodnight Elizabeth alts
10. Jumpin Jesus #
11. Margry Dreams Of Horses
12. Perfect Blue Buildings
13. Ghost Train
14. A Good Year For The Roses %
15. Sullivan Street

* Kurt Stevenson, Patrick Winningham, & Chris Boesel cover
# Sordid Humor cover
% Jerry Chesnut cover(performed by George Jones & Elvis Costello)

Excellent show with average audio quality.  The early 1994 shows have always been my favorites.
I think the energy of these shows was amazing.  This boot along with 9:30 Club, Asbury Park,
and Providence RI from early 1994 are to me the epitomy of why I love Counting Crows.  I can
even remember the day I first heard them.  It was December 26th, 1993.  My girlfriend at the
time and I were on our way back from spending Christmas with her family in Indiana(I live in
Ohio) and we heard Mr Jones on the radio.  We stopped at the first department store we could
find and bought the cassette tape(remember those things?).  For the next year I think I had
a new favorite song each month. It went from Omaha to Rain King to Anna Begins, etc;  Then
in December 1994 as we were about to leave for another Christmas we stopped at an independent
record store in Dayton and I found "Carving Out Our Names", "True Heart", and "Hottest Ticket In
Boston" in a sales bin.  Needless to say, after that discovered treasure, the rest of the holiday
season could only be a let down.  The girlfriend(and several others) is long gone but the Crows
have always been there, cheering me up when I'm down and making life just a little bit nicer.  
Hope you enjoy this show, I know I do.

*** DO NOT ENCODE THIS SHOW INTO MP3 OR ANY OTHER LOSSY FORMAT ***

DO NOT SELL THIS SHOW ON EBAY

This is my first torrent upload so please don't bash me if I screwed something up.  thanks and enjoy(hopefully)

Offline jtopping

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 06:05:17 PM »
very nice foreward to this torrent. I think many of us have special places in us for the old 94 (AAEA) era... that providence show for me is quite etched in my repetoire. Believe it or not, i have most all boston area shows in my possesion... except this one. so many thanks, and im sure it will do the trick for me.

jeff

Offline philjw

• boy who looks like elvis
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 08:28:40 PM »
Quote from: adam8216;8146

I can even remember the day I first heard them.  It was December 26th, 1993.  My girlfriend at the time and I were on our way back from spending Christmas with her family in Indiana(I live in Ohio) and we heard Mr Jones on the radio.  We stopped at the first department store we could find and bought the cassette tape(remember those things?).  For the next year I think I had a new favorite song each month. It went from Omaha to Rain King to Anna Begins, etc;  Then in December 1994 as we were about to leave for another Christmas we stopped at an independent record store in Dayton and I found "Carving Out Our Names", "True Heart", and "Hottest Ticket In Boston" in a sales bin.  Needless to say, after that discovered treasure, the rest of the holiday season could only be a let down.  The girlfriend(and several others) is long gone but the Crows have always been there, cheering me up when I'm down and making life just a little bit nicer.  
Hope you enjoy this show, I know I do.

I can relate :)  I lived in Ohio until 2003, and I remember a friend in 1993 telling me to buy A&EA before I had heard any songs on the radio, and I remember listening to that album over and over and over...  Then in 1994 an Akron record store (Digital Daze, I believe) sold me "Carving Our Our Names," which was my first exposure to Crows bootlegs, and what an experience that was.  I couldn't stop listening...  Anyway, thanks for this posting!

Phil

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 06:53:06 PM »
and a seed on this too please ;)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Adam

• Six for Gold
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »
Just rehashing everything from this torrent.
I should show up as a seeder in a moment or two :)

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 07:11:05 PM »
Quote from: adamness;23561
Just rehashing everything from this torrent.
I should show up as a seeder in a moment or two :)

Splendid cheers Adam ;)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline imasickboy

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 01:56:06 AM »
Aside from the thanks to the OP, I must say that I really appreciate it when you guys, (mainly you, ossobear), dredge up the old shows from page who-knows-what, and someone else comes around to seed. Many kudos to you all. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure others do as well, because I've yet to grab an ancient upload here that I haven't seeded at least a good bit of it back. There are others out there that love this shit, too, so I'll thank you all for the voiceless ones while while I'm at it.

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 04:21:27 AM »
Quote from: imasickboy;23587
Aside from the thanks to the OP, I must say that I really appreciate it when you guys, (mainly you, ossobear), dredge up the old shows from page who-knows-what, and someone else comes around to seed. Many kudos to you all. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure others do as well, because I've yet to grab an ancient upload here that I haven't seeded at least a good bit of it back. There are others out there that love this shit, too, so I'll thank you all for the voiceless ones while while I'm at it.

Its kind of why I love it here and all the music too, I love the way people get in to it from the old stuff to the new stuff I'm trying to keep them all going, its all because of Simon and the others have seeded here, I'm just trying to get the old shows seeded If I have them I will re-Seed them again, if anyone wants them ....while were on the Thanks Train I'd like to thank all the people who have seeded or will seed here in the future, I'm planing to go through the old torrents and keep them all rotated ..:D

:D :D Big Love to you all :D :D  
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 04:25:29 AM by ossobear »
Crows Town Moderator

Offline CCrows78

• Your Party Sucks
    • http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 06:57:36 AM »
Quote from: ossobear;23590
Its kind of why I love it here and all the music too, I love the way people get in to it from the old stuff to the new stuff I'm trying to keep them all going, its all because of Simon and the others have seeded here, I'm just trying to get the old shows seeded If I have them I will re-Seed them again, if anyone wants them ....while were on the Thanks Train I'd like to thank all the people who have seeded or will seed here in the future, I'm planing to go through the old torrents and keep them all rotated ..:D

:D :D Big Love to you all :D :D  

Indeed, it's what makes this an outstanding board.  It's also why I don't think we're in any danger around here, even if the number of AUD boots does go down.  There's always gonna be something to trade and we'll be here to help spread it around.  :cool:
Matt

"I don\'t like raisins...they\'re really just humiliated grapes" - Benny & Joon

"I\'m always home, I\'m uncool.  The only true currency in this world is what you share with someone when you\'re uncool" - Almost Famous

http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 07:35:51 PM »
Picking this One up Again, Big Thanks To The Seeder (Jim) ;)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline tigger165

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »
Quote from: ossobear;35759
Picking this One up Again, Big Thanks To The Seeder (Jim) ;)

least I can do after all the times you've helped me out

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »
Quote from: tigger165;35760
least I can do after all the times you've helped me out

Your most welcome Jim! Thanks again it's Just completed ;)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline pjia

Re: 1994.01.24 - Pearl Street Nightclub Northhampton, MA
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 04:36:19 PM »
Hi! New guy here. Would anyone be so kind as to re-seed this one?

Many thanks!

anything