Author Topic: Chemicals & Creativity ...  (Read 1053 times)

Offline intheccethers

• Three for a Wedding
Chemicals & Creativity ...
« on: September 05, 2007, 11:29:48 PM »
So, I was sitting here thinking about how chemicals and creativity seem to go hand in hand and how that has been the case for a very long time.

When I think of AD I think of Edgar Allen Poe too.  I think it is the crow and raven and the connection in my own twisted mind.  So there was Poe so very long ago, a slave to chemicals.  I think about so many fucking great artists like Morrison, Belushi, Cobain, Staley, Hoon, god I could just go on and on.  It's like this tightrope that artists walk between positive and evil.  

Do the chemicals actually make them more creative?  Or is it that when they are chemically enhanced that they are more capable of tapping into what we call the Universal Mind, and they can pull down these ideas and imagery that just blows us away.  Of course the Universal Mind comes from divinity.  And that, I believe to be the crux of the situation.

Who wouldn't want to feel that rush and surge of creative energy that flows through you when you actually come up with a relatively unique idea?  To some, it's how they connect with their maker, and how could that ever NOT be addictive?

So as I was looking over some of AD's lyrics, it made me wonder if he's been in this same state while writing?  You know it's also my theory that because the people who mix creativity and chemicals touch the divine that is what adds to their appeal and charisma.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 11:40:38 PM by intheccethers »
"Love is a verb here in my room."

http://www.myspace.com/gvntofly

Offline kellimarkdylan

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 05:48:16 PM »
I have a lot of friends who are strong proponents of chemically enhanced creativity, but I always point out that more people use chemicals than produce creative arts. It may be that those who are creative also take chemicals, but the creativity has to be alive and well inside first. I have creative friends who use chemicals, and I have friends who just use chemicals and nothing creative ever comes out.

It also seems that in the long run chemicals end up killing creativity - Belushi, Cobain, Staley, the list goes on.

Those are just my thoughts

Offline kimberlycable

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:03:19 PM »
I believe the creativity has to be there, within a person first.  Chemicals cannot create that in someone.  The chemicals can enhance the creative process no doubt, but it almost seems that those who mix the chemicals and the creativity doom themselves and succumb to the numbness the chemical brings afterwards.  Then the list of dead chemical/creatives gets alittle longer.
Kimberly
When are you coming home...sweet angel

anything