Author Topic: Recent Ebay Sales  (Read 3755 times)

Offline sammy111

• One for Sorrow
For what its worth, my opinion on ebay and buying boots
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 12:40:57 AM »
For a band like CC its deploreable.  Lets look at the facts

1.  CC has always encouraged taping and distribution via TRADING of their shows.

2.  As far as I know CC, while probably a member of RIAA, was not leading the charge to prosecute people for downloading music, e.g., the napster fiasco from a few years back.

3.   Not only does CC allow taping/trading but they go out of their way to make it happen by making taping of their shows easy, and by officially sanctioning the counting crows traders network.  That being said Ive never had a good experience trying to do a B+P through that network but maybe Ive just run into some bad seeds.

I suspect I am preaching to the choir here, but seriously this stuff should be reoported, etc etc.   This band clearly respects its fans, its fans should respect it.  Nuff said.

Offline cfmwh

• Six for Gold
Recent Ebay Sales
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 08:41:39 AM »
Rarities 3 cd set is back on again.
Item #320162699971

Offline kimberlycable

• Two for Mirth
Recent Ebay Sales
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 08:37:36 PM »
Not any more.  It appears to have been pulled.  I don't know if anyone else reported it, but I reported in this morning.
Kimberly
When are you coming home...sweet angel

Offline cfmwh

• Six for Gold
Recent Ebay Sales
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 09:23:34 PM »
Quote from: kimberlycable;9735
Not any more.  It appears to have been pulled.  I don't know if anyone else reported it, but I reported in this morning.

LOL! Me too.......the power of the masses!!!   ;)

Offline vor

• Two for Mirth
    • http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/timmckay/
Recent Ebay Sales
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 02:22:06 AM »
Just a small comment about the radio promo CDs.

They are absolutely 100% without a doubt NOT to be sold. Technically, that is. That is why they are all adorned with PROMO ONLY : NOT TO BE SOLD stickers or variations thereof. Those stickers are, of course, removed.

In fact, in my home country of Canada, the sticker also has a toll-free number to phone if you've paid cash for a promo.

Offline kimberlycable

• Two for Mirth
Recent Ebay Sales
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 02:34:32 AM »
Thank you for the information.  I reported it to ebay, we will see what happens.
Kimberly
When are you coming home...sweet angel

Offline philjw

• boy who looks like elvis
Recent Ebay Sales
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 02:35:29 AM »
Quote from: vor;9746
Just a small comment about the radio promo CDs.

They are absolutely 100% without a doubt NOT to be sold. Technically, that is. That is why they are all adorned with PROMO ONLY : NOT TO BE SOLD stickers or variations thereof. Those stickers are, of course, removed.

In fact, in my home country of Canada, the sticker also has a toll-free number to phone if you've paid cash for a promo.

All I will say is that I'm glad that you can find these for sale, because they definitely cannot be traded for free, and there's no other way to get the numerous radio edits that I enjoy from my favorite bands.  Also, they are much like collectibles once the promo is no longer in use.  Despite the fact that they are not intended for sale, many fans will pay a significant premium for them later on down the road.  If anyone doesn't believe that, just check out (for example) this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/U2-RAREST-Polish-promo-CD-single-Beautiful-Day_W0QQitemZ300153920940QQihZ020QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (us crazy U2 fans...).

Offline mez7000

• Two for Mirth
I smell bull or is it horse?
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 11:21:08 PM »
Found a guy on ebay.co.uk selling bootlegs of 'carving out our names' and the 'flying demos' and also claiming they were pressed by a record label called KTS

this is the link for his stuff

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZcypruschris

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Counting-Crows-Flying-Demos-CD-RARE_W0QQitemZ320184123031QQihZ011QQcategoryZ1049QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The 'factory pressed' phrase does make me chuckle!!
""...you can see a million miles tonight but you can\'t get very far""

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
Recent Ebay Sales
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 07:08:07 AM »
KTS was a bootleg label in the 90s that did very good work in terms of mastering. Those were indeed factory pressed. Moreover, they were legal in Italy (where they were printed), although Italy has subsequently changed their laws.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Recent Ebay Sales
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 03:47:59 PM »
Quote from: cmigs;10863
KTS was a bootleg label in the 90s that did very good work in terms of mastering. Those were indeed factory pressed. Moreover, they were legal in Italy (where they were printed), although Italy has subsequently changed their laws.

Thanks for the info, i bought one of those KTS flying Demos long ago before i knew about the tradernetwork and i was always surprised the soundquality seemed better than the flying demos boots i got later through the network.