Author Topic: My Music  (Read 545 times)

Offline Bohm

• I Bleed Awesome
My Music
« on: March 20, 2008, 06:03:39 AM »
http://www.myspace.com/gregkasbohm

So the only instrument I play is harmonica, so I tried making some songs with it using it for rhythm and melody, and adding vocals on top of that.  And what resulted is only a partial disaster.  The Humpty Dance (my cover of the Digital Underground song, at least to the first line of the chorus) was done that way.  The other song is me playing harmonica with a band up at the bar I work at on St. Pattys day.  I've got another few that I need to post from that night, just need to split the tracks up a bit and post em.  And the skipping that you'll notice is something messy with my TuneTalk... gonna see if I can figure it out sometime soon.  Oh well.  Enjoy! Let me know what you think (And yes, I know I can't sing :P)
I want a white bread life
Just something ignorant and plain

Money may not buy you love, but it will buy plenty of hookers and blow - Me
Life is like walking into a room.  People notice you when you make a grand entrance, but people remember you when you make a grand exit - Me

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
My Music
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »
My debut solo album is due out in the spring of 2017, Thats a good out look its not that bad, and Ive heard Girls aloud
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Bohm

• I Bleed Awesome
My Music
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:42:43 PM »
Quote from: ossobear;15160
and Ive heard Girls aloud

What?  Didn't quite catch that

Life is like walking into a room.  People notice you when you make a grand entrance, but people remember you when you make a grand exit - Me

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
My Music
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 09:48:39 PM »
Quote from: Bohm;15119
http://www.myspace.com/gregkasbohm

So the only instrument I play is harmonica, so I tried making some songs with it using it for rhythm and melody, and adding vocals on top of that.  And what resulted is only a partial disaster.  The Humpty Dance (my cover of the Digital Underground song, at least to the first line of the chorus) was done that way.  The other song is me playing harmonica with a band up at the bar I work at on St. Pattys day.  I've got another few that I need to post from that night, just need to split the tracks up a bit and post em.  And the skipping that you'll notice is something messy with my TuneTalk... gonna see if I can figure it out sometime soon.  Oh well.  Enjoy! Let me know what you think (And yes, I know I can't sing :P)

I'm not a fan of Girls Aloud I liked your stuff its not as bad as you said It was ;)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Bohm

• I Bleed Awesome
My Music
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 07:30:18 AM »
Ah, thanks.  And the Sweet Home Chicago isn't bad because all I had to do is play harmonica.

I will eventually redo the Humpty Dance, once I figure out how I want it to sound and get a better way of recording.  I think I'm going to buy some mics for concert recording and I could use those.  We'll see.  It's nothing that I'm banking my future on anyways :P