Author Topic: Help report these bootlegs  (Read 1571 times)

Offline checker806

• The light goes out...
Did you think that you were dreamin...I said "no"
I didnt think that I was dreamin...Sometimes I dont know...

Houston, TX 9-7-06 "Round Here" alts...

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
Help report these bootlegs
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:10:55 PM »
Quote from: checker806;15522
Some douchebag is trying to sell some live shows...Please help get his listing pulled by reporting him

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200208894349&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D200208894349%2B%2B%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

0 items found for: 200208894349 what boot is it ?
Crows Town Moderator

Offline checker806

• The light goes out...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 11:39:25 PM »
the have removed the listing...it was four bootlegs, one including the shim sham show of 2000

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 12:42:03 AM »
Wankers grrrrrrrr I'm glad they've gone
Crows Town Moderator

Offline checker806

• The light goes out...
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 01:27:28 AM »
Quote from: ossobear;15526
Wankers grrrrrrrr I'm glad they've gone

Yea, I cant believe the nerve of some people, trying to make a quick dollar off of something they got for free.

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
( PG 13 ) warning - Rage
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 01:48:13 AM »
The amount of Money and Time People put in to making these boots, Travelling time/hours to get there setting up hrs before hand Pictures - audio and the like, Then the re-mastering of said audio - photos and the CD Covers to make all the info right and data correct and so on the the time it take to modify the whole thing then they download it fuck off and sell it The C*nts

Remember that most people who do this suffer at the time With buying there ticket and equipment then sometimes reducing there enjoyment by either recording and making sure no ones shouting "Adam" at the top of there voice wile recording or bashing in to you and you not being able to tell them to go fu*k or staring through a lens all-night so we get Great gig. The F*ckers make me mad by stealing effectively from the people who took the time and effort to make and release the gigs

:D On a more positive note :D
I do love the people who do the good work so that we can enjoy the show miles from home Thank you so much
Crows Town Moderator

Offline checker806

• The light goes out...
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 02:15:54 AM »
Yes, I know the feeling...When I am recording a show (audio or video), it does kind of take away from the experience b/c you want to go crazy, and jump up and down and enjoy yourself...but its hard sometimes b/c you dont want your recording to be all f***d up.  But, in the end, there is much satisfaction knowing that you will have the recording, and can relive the experience many times in the future:)

Then another reality sets in, and you realize some a**hole just "stole" your hard work and is trying to make a quick dollar...Oh well, I'll still record, and so will others, and the legacy of live shows will continue, despite the theives

Offline jldraw

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 03:39:05 AM »
I have to be honest with you all I have somewhat mixed feelings about sellers.  Sellers in the way that you are describing them as people who download torrents and then burn them to cheap CDRs and then attempt to profit off of them on eBay are scum and not only the CC trading community but trading communities at large should do everything and anything to stop them.

However as someone who has been collecting bootlegs since the early 80s, I've come to regard the bootleg seller at large as a necessary evil.  The first band I ever collected (and probably still my favorite band to this day) was The Beatles.  99% of the bootleg material on The Beatles out there in the trading community comes from silver pressed bootlegs by companies such as Yellow Dog or VigOtone without whom the majority of this material would've never reached the public.

When the cd-era hit the bootleg market in 1989, bootleg cds retailed at $25 a pop at your local mom and pop record store, a price that myself and many others of my generation were more than willing to pay for music we couldn't obtain elsewhere.  There was snail mail trading of course but the bootleg landscape didn't really change all that much until the advent of the internet and cd burners.

While the internet age has certainly made this hobby more affordable with fans being able to download bootlegs off of torrent sites and burn them to cd themselves, I still don't have a problem with a bootleg label such as Crystal Cat which hires its own fleet of tapers to bootleg the concerts of Bruce Springsteen.  The reason being is the label has developed a reputation for extracting great recordings of Springsteen concerts which they package with attractive artwork and extensive linear notes.

In addition the original bootleg silvers still has one advantage to collectors that torrents and snail mail fan-fan trading does not have and that is in most cases you are purchasing the music its most pristine form.  As a collector for over thirty years there is nothing more frustrating that setting up a trade with someone only to find that the discs you recieved are either TAO or full of digital gremlins (pops, clicks etc.) - If properly handled the bootleg silver just like any other cd will provide the listener with lifelong listening enjoyment.

So I do feel the bootleg seller will always have a rightful place in the whole lore of this hobby.  However I will state again for the record that the downloading of torrents only to upload them to eBay in hopes to turn a profit is a disgusting practice.

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 03:55:50 AM »
Im okay with The standard vendors (Yellow Dog) its the Ebay tossers I can't stand Right place and the right moment like all the boots of there time I have a lot of pixies Boots that way.

The get rich quick monkeys that you get from allot of guys on E-bay Is what drives me mad, plus If its from a Torrent and Its Free so Why should pay the other end
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 07:38:38 AM »
i reported about 6-10 boots this week from ebay - they've all been removed.
D.A.H
19.08.09 - 30.01.12

anything