Author Topic: Netherlands - France 4-1  (Read 3780 times)

Offline Etkar

• Guitar Hero wannabe
Netherlands - France 4-1
« on: June 13, 2008, 10:43:28 PM »
yes, yet another 1 bites the DUTCH!!!!!!!

Hup Holland Hup, dont let the lion stand in his undershirt!!!!!
ed

Keep ur head cool and ur feet warm.

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 12:08:35 AM »
As an Italian fan, thank you to the Dutch. Can you guys beat the Romanians too?

As for the earlier match, I was in class and only caught the last 20 minutes, but Gigi Buffon rules.

France on Tuesday - should be interesting... can't recall those two teams ever playing before...

Offline Kasper

• waking and dreaming
    • http://www.myspace.com/kasperkristjansson
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 12:11:58 AM »
Congrats Holland! Once again you did it! :)
Man, you gotta like that kind of football! <3 :)
Whatever happens...
"...We\'ll still come around" ;)

Offline Anton

• Pierrot the clown
    • http://fitzcairn.wordpress.com/
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 12:35:46 AM »
Congratulations Holland because the dutchs deserved to win but it should be 4-2 because  the referee didn't call a penalty for france when the orange defenser touched the ball with the hand when the ball was going to goal :/

And Malouda is a bullshit french player he's guilty on everythiing specially on the first goal and french coah Domenechis is a dickhead !

Now we have to beat Italia what i doubt because we have old and tired players and Holland have to beat Romania ...
http://www.myspace.com/woodythefrench | http://twitter.com/Fitzcairn_

"I\'ve been to Paris 2000, Austin Texas 2001, Paris 2003, Brussels 2004, Paris 2008 and Brussels 2008 !"

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 01:01:45 AM »
Quote from: Woodythefrench;19981
but it should be 4-2 because  the referee didn't call a penalty for france when the orange defenser touched the ball with the hand when the ball was going to goal :/

BUT BUT BUT BUT....... They have made the french look like oranges instead of chickens.... No BUTS PLeaseeee!!!! If you have watched Italy today it is them who should say BUT BUT BUT NOT you!!!!

Offline jane.d

• Three for a Wedding
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 01:22:04 AM »
Must say the score is a bit flattered...but somehow 'we' managed to score when the french just couldn't. Think the best man on the field was our dutch goalie Van der Sar,  which says it all. Can't believe the Dutch made it to the second round so easily. Can't believe the party that followed after this win. At 0.45 hours there were still cars driving around town making loads of noise!

Italy and France met in the final of the EC in 2000 en World C. in 2006 (and the real footballfan probably knows of more matches)... So cmigs I think they know eachother.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 01:37:37 AM by jane.d »

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 02:09:04 AM »
I agree with you Anton it should have been a penalty, Its was unintencial handball but it was handball and would have been a goal if it hadn't struck the players arm, the referee bottled it, unlike the one in Romania-Italy game and Howard Webb on Thursday its great to see some referees punishing defenders for holding, too much of that goes unpunished.

Its not a forgone conclusion it will be either France or Italy who will finish second, Don't forget Romania for one thing they will play a more defensive game against the Dutch than France & Italy played and will try and hit Holland on the break, also now the Dutch have won the group Van Basten will proberly rest a number of players  especially those who have been booked and the more injury prone (Robben)
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 02:32:50 AM »
Quote from: Graham;19984
unlike the one in Romania-Italy game and Howard Webb on Thursday its great to see some referees punishing defenders for holding, too much of that goes unpunished.

I don't agree with you. Pannuci didn't foul or anything like that. Watch it again and you will see that he was just defending the ball not the player even if his wrist is on the player. Oh and how about the goal that was dissallowed for an Offside? Toni was on line and the goal should have been allowed. But anyways.....

Offline Nicolas

• The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 02:33:34 AM »
Quote from: Graham;19984
I agree with you Anton it should have been a penalty, Its was unintencial handball but it was handball and would have been a goal if it hadn't struck the players arm, the referee bottled it, unlike the one in Romania-Italy game and Howard Webb on Thursday its great to see some referees punishing defenders for holding, too much of that goes unpunished.

Graham i didnt see the penalty cause i wasnt home, but if it was unintencional then the decision of not giving a penalty is correct. Quoted from football rules:

Quote from: RULES
If a player deliberately handles the ball to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity (e.g., to prevent a breakaway or to deliberately stop a shot), a red card should be given and the player "sent off". However, a hand ball foul should not be called if: (1) a player is instinctively trying to protect himself from injury or (2) the player did not deliberately touch the ball but the ball hit his arm & he did not move the arm toward the ball (however, if the player's arms were in an unnatural position such as above his shoulders or sticking out to the sides, then he should be called for a handball).

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 08:54:38 AM »
Quote from: Simon;19985
I don't agree with you. Pannuci didn't foul or anything like that. Watch it again and you will see that he was just defending the ball not the player even if his wrist is on the player. Oh and how about the goal that was dissallowed for an Offside? Toni was on line and the goal should have been allowed. But anyways.....

Simon!, Panucci had his arm across chest and neck and was pulling him back, although I agree that Toni wasn't offside that was wrong decision

Quote from: acade365;19986
Graham i didnt see the penalty cause i wasnt home, but if it was unintencional then the decision of not giving a penalty is correct. Quoted from football rules:

So many penalties are given when ball strikes hand, which was this case, as the ball would have gone in without the intervention of the players arm, which was away from his body, common sense (ok most referees and football powers that be don't posess this) would have given a penalty but take no action against the player.
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 09:09:36 AM »
What a game and i agree with Jane thank god we have Van der Sar :D

Anton it should have been 4-0 that french goal looked like offside to me :hehe:

Offline Etkar

• Guitar Hero wannabe
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 10:07:32 AM »
Yesterday afternoon i had a severe case of acute lumbago. So, in a hell of a pain i watched the game. Couldnt jump so i only raised my arms when they scored.
Have to say that the penalty could have been given. Then again, French player #6 should have gotten a red card instead of the yellow card.
We were fortuned, but the french messed up a lot of chances. They are not a team, but 11 good players.

The next goal is to beat Roumania. Players will be given rest, but the subs will want to do a great job.
ed

Keep ur head cool and ur feet warm.

Offline Anton

• Pierrot the clown
    • http://fitzcairn.wordpress.com/
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 11:11:51 AM »
Henry wasn't offside darling ;)

And the game could be very different if the referee would called the penalty because at 2-2 the game would be completely different and i don't think the score would be the same at the end in this case.
http://www.myspace.com/woodythefrench | http://twitter.com/Fitzcairn_

"I\'ve been to Paris 2000, Austin Texas 2001, Paris 2003, Brussels 2004, Paris 2008 and Brussels 2008 !"

Offline Kasper

• waking and dreaming
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »
Quote from: Simon;19985

Simon, seriously. Graham is right. His arm was all around the attacker's neck and he was pulling him down. ;)
But the offside on toni was a mistake. :yeah:
Whatever happens...

Offline Kasper

• waking and dreaming
Netherlands - France 4-1
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 11:33:24 AM »
Quote from: Woodythefrench;19990
Henry wasn't offside darling ;)

And the game could be very different if the referee would called the penalty because at 2-2 the game would be completely different and i don't think the score would be the same at the end in this case.

Well, judging by the new offside-rule you could say that there was offside. According to the new rule it says that if a part of the body is over the line, which Henry's chest was, then there's offside. It does not have to be the feet (which weren't offside). ;)
Whatever happens...