Author Topic: Netherlands - Romania 2-0  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Etkar

• Guitar Hero wannabe
Netherlands - Romania 2-0
« on: June 17, 2008, 11:35:05 PM »
And yet another one bites the Dutch!

Another well deserved win.
This is getting too easy!
:yawn:

Just have to wait if its gonna be Russia or Sweden.
ed

Keep ur head cool and ur feet warm.

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:24:03 AM »
A big thank you to the Dutch for doing their part while the Azzurri did theirs.

Offline Nicolas

• The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:09:31 AM »
Quote from: etkar;20121
And yet another one bites the Dutch!

Another well deserved win.
This is getting too easy!
:yawn:

Just have to wait if its gonna be Russia or Sweden.

dont get too confident ed... there are still a few good teams in this cup.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:12:33 AM by Nicolas »

Offline jane.d

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:15:52 AM »
That's what I thought... The European Championships really start now and things could be over in a couple of minutes. The last three wins really give no guarantee for the near future! Sweden or Russia, both will be hard to play! And the Dutch still have to show what happens when they get a goal against them...and they have to score to get even.

No time to be smug about winning at all!

Offline Etkar

• Guitar Hero wannabe
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:53:25 AM »
Quote from: acade365;20124
dont get too confident ed... there are still a few good teams in this cup.

No confidence. We have to see who will b the next opponent. And have to take it game by game. Its the knock-out system now, so it will get very exciting.
ed

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 10:53:19 AM »
You know that IF Italy wins against Spain and Holland wins their quarter final then they will have Italy again in the Semis... Now that is a game!!! hehe

Offline Etkar

• Guitar Hero wannabe
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 11:06:15 AM »
Quote from: Simon;20130
You know that IF Italy wins against Spain and Holland wins their quarter final then they will have Italy again in the Semis... Now that is a game!!! hehe

Then, i think, Italy would win......thats my guess.
ed

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 11:59:26 AM »
Quote from: etkar;20131
Then, i think, Italy would win......thats my guess.

If Italy win against Spain then they would love to take revenge but Spain is a tough nut to crack this year. And in the back they have a dog. (Puyol)

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »
Italy and Germany no matter how badly they play have the habit of winning tournaments and likewise Spain and Holland have the habit of playing great football and winning nothing .

i hope Holland win as i have some great friends over there or Croatia who seem to have a wonderful team spirit .
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline jane.d

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 06:07:53 PM »
Somehow this tournament reminds me of 88 (when the Dutch won). NL was beat in the first match by Russia. In the final they won. Seems like the same could happen with Italy, but...let's take it a match at a time!

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 08:25:49 PM »
I deffinately wouldn't bet against Italy winning this Eurpean Championship, I've watched alot of Tournements over the years, When Italy have a team full of great players they seem to fail. Then like the World Cups of 1982 & 2006 where its only a mediocre squad they win. This Italian Squad hasn't the class of a Baggio, Baresi, Maldini, Rivera, Riva, Facchetti only Buffon is World Class.
So they will proberly win it!!
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 09:19:51 PM »
You might be right Graham. That 82 did have Paolo Rossi, but it was not otherwise a legendary team.

It might be that the Italian style works better with a less talented bunch, makes them more likely to commit to the team defense.

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 09:53:03 PM »
Quote from: cmigs;20143
You might be right Graham. That 82 did have Paolo Rossi, but it was not otherwise a legendary team.

It might be that the Italian style works better with a less talented bunch, makes them more likely to commit to the team defense.

Chris, Rossi wasn't a star before that World Cup, he'd only recently returned to football after being banned also he had failed to score in first round of group games, then I think he got 2 against Brazil and ended up top scorer:yeah:
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 10:52:43 PM »
Winning tournaments/leagues etc you must have a solid group and not just individuals. Look at England for example. They have world class players all over the pitch but they don't jell together. The most important thing is the group, confidence and beiliving in yourself. Italy have that but i still think that they will not make it to the final because there is still something missing in the team. If Toni starts scoring then it is another story!!

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 09:52:28 AM »
Quote from: Simon;20145
Winning tournaments/leagues etc you must have a solid group and not just individuals. Look at England for example. They have world class players all over the pitch but they don't jell together. The most important thing is the group, confidence and beiliving in yourself. Italy have that but i still think that they will not make it to the final because there is still something missing in the team. If Toni starts scoring then it is another story!!

i think Toni has already missed enough chances to have won two championships on his own , its debatable who has looked the worse him or that Gomes of Germany , do the pair of them realise where the ball is supposed to end up ........... in the back of the net ;)
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England