Poll

Which version of "Richard Manuel is Dead" would you like to see on the compilation?

ersion A
0 (0%)
ersion B
0 (0%)
ersion C
0 (0%)
ersion D
0 (0%)
ersion E
1 (5.6%)
ersion F
0 (0%)
ersion G
1 (5.6%)
ersion H
5 (27.8%)
ersion I
0 (0%)
ersion J
7 (38.9%)
ersion K
0 (0%)
ersion L
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 13, 2008, 12:16:14 AM

Author Topic: HC Compilation - Richard Manuel Is Dead Voting  (Read 2987 times)

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
HC Compilation - Richard Manuel Is Dead Voting
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 12:43:34 PM »
This is really hard since there are several versions i like.The tempo of the acoustic versions is too slow for my taste so i didn't pick them.
Version E has almost everything i want,energy, good guitarsolo the right amount of piano but no audiencesound.
F is also good but i like the performance a little less but it does have that live feeling to it.
H is also nice but i miss the harmonies with Dan (think of mondays coming down)
And finally L i love this one too and i think it would be great for the compilation but i'm sure some of it are sentimental reasons if i'm not mistaken ;)

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 09:46:28 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has voted, and yes Sandra you were right about Version L being Brussels:p , and I would have voted for it myself not because it was my own recording but because I can still remember the passion Adam put into the performance of a song I don't particularly like, Anyway because of the situation of 2 versions tied with 5 votes before my vote, I decieded to vote J instead because I feel it was better than H.
Heres the full list of dates & venues

01 Version A 2001-05-06 Irvine
02 Version B 2001-09-02 Virginia Beach
03 Version C 2002-04-26 New Orleans
04 Version D 2002-07-11 New York
05 Version E 2002-08-19 Amsterdam
06 Version F 2002-10-02 Willamantic
07 Version G 2002-12-17 San Francisco
08 Version H 2003-06-29 Werchter
09 Version I 2003-12-09 San Francisco
10 Version J 2006-08-12 Holmdel
11 Version K 2008-03-17 New York
12 Version L 2008-07-02 Brussels

Don't forget the edits for tracks 5 & 6 Goodnight LA & Butterfly In Reverse  are already up.

Thanks
Graham
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 10:01:33 PM »
I say you should have made your vote count for 3, Graham. :)

Offline philjw

• boy who looks like elvis
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 11:55:29 PM »
Quote from: Graham;23218
Thanks to everyone who has voted, and yes Sandra you were right about Version L being Brussels:p , and I would have voted for it myself not because it was my own recording but because I can still remember the passion Adam put into the performance of a song I don't particularly like, Anyway because of the situation of 2 versions tied with 5 votes before my vote, I decieded to vote J instead because I feel it was better than H.

Graham!!! You should've just voted your heart on this one.  I just cast my (admittedly last minute) vote for L, and your vote could have sent us into a three way tie...  Maybe a tie-breaker round?  Can you still change your vote? ;)

Phil

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 12:48:14 AM »
Quote from: philjw;23224
Graham!!! You should've just voted your heart on this one.  I just cast my (admittedly last minute) vote for L, and your vote could have sent us into a three way tie...  Maybe a tie-breaker round?  Can you still change your vote? ;)

Phil

F@ck,F@ck,F@ck !!!, I need to change something maybe brain or glasses, I missed voting on last track because I thought the vote ended the day after it did, now got day right, time wrong, I put my vote in before I went to work this morning because thought it finished at 11:15am (local time) not 11:15pm.
Its academic anyway as someone else has since voted for J so even if I did change my vote it would have no bearing on the outcome, although I will change it on my own record of voting;)

Now I think I go and lie down in a darken room:crazy:
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 01:09:19 PM »
Quote from: Graham;23229
F@ck,F@ck,F@ck !!!, I need to change something maybe brain or glasses, I missed voting on last track because I thought the vote ended the day after it did, now got day right, time wrong, I put my vote in before I went to work this morning because thought it finished at 11:15am (local time) not 11:15pm.
Its academic anyway as someone else has since voted for J so even if I did change my vote it would have no bearing on the outcome, although I will change it on my own record of voting;)

Now I think I go and lie down in a darken room:crazy:

* rasise hand :sorry:

I realised I hadn't voted and really wanted to vote on this and was going to vote for J anyway ( Im Voting earlier next time )  then I noticed like your good self that I could vote so I did, as it made no difference to the out come I thought it would be okay I didn't think it would drive you :crazy::crazy:
Crows Town Moderator