Author Topic: Rare and Unreleased Disc 1 Edited  (Read 7201 times)

Offline Cella400

• One for Sorrow
Re: Rare and Unreleased Disc 1 Edited
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 01:45:27 AM »
Does anybody still have the 7 discs that can seed this incredible set?

Offline malysa

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 03:44:46 AM »
pm me your address & I'll postal all seven unedited;)

Offline strickamania

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 05:15:03 PM »
Must have this too. I thought I heard everything from the Crows and there is some new stuff on these...

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 09:06:46 PM »
"Black Sun" exists??

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »
It's just an alt from a Goodnight Elisabeth. A fairly long one, though. He did that one pretty regularly in 03-04.

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 10:44:10 PM »
It's just an alt from a Goodnight Elisabeth. A fairly long one, though. He did that one pretty regularly in 03-04.

Yeah I know, it's listed as its own track though on the disc.. I guess they just split it from GNE and just made it it's own track?

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »
Yep, that's what happened.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »
There are several "songs "that are actually alts cut from songs.

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »
no disrespect to the original creator of this compilation, none at all - but I never really felt this was a valuable collection in it's own right. considering it's either readily available 'rarities' or alts cut from songs, it always felt a little disjointed to me. that's to take nothing away from the effort taken to put it together and share it. i seem to remember it expanding to 9 discs at one stage as well.

it's also been sold on ebay a little bit from time to time.

Offline malysa

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2012, 11:57:56 PM »
I found it on either etree or dime several years ago... I'd been seeing it on ebay for about a decade & knew that it was more than a no-no to buy boots.  I have no problem sharing as I enjoy screwing people that wanna make a profit from shit that should always be free ;)  little d, I can send you a dvd if you want

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2012, 11:40:43 AM »
I've always had mixed feelings about this one.For people who don't have a lot of live stuff or rarities this is a great compilation,that's probably the main reason i've seen this one for sale far to many times.The downside for me is the soundquality varies a lot from very good to very bad,songs are cut,there are officially released songs on it and several songs have better sounding versions by now so it could use a update.
But credits to whoever made this, they put in a huge amount of work and i'm sure a lot of people have enjoyed it.

Offline ridethemaverick

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2016, 08:00:27 PM »
no disrespect to the original creator of this compilation, none at all - but I never really felt this was a valuable collection in it's own right

I'm one of the people who got hooked on Counting Crows from this collection (back when it was a piddly three-disc set), which is VERY valuable to me. I've been scouring torrents and links for years (literally years) hoping day after day that there would finally be a seed and I could listen to the music I loved so much in college, when I was downloading this stuff from Napster on a dial-up connection. If this music could be seeded or available again, I would appreciate it tremendously, and I promise that I will be a forever seeder.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2016, 08:10:57 AM »
If everything goes well we should have a site with a working tracker again in the near future.
I'm sure i still have disc one on my PC so i will reupload it in external links later today to get you started not sure if some of the others are still there too.

Offline ridethemaverick

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2016, 10:49:17 PM »
If everything goes well we should have a site with a working tracker again in the near future.
I'm sure i still have disc one on my PC so i will reupload it in external links later today to get you started not sure if some of the others are still there too.

Greatly appreciated!