Author Topic: 04.14.94 - Melkweg Amsterdam, Holland [SDB]  (Read 8919 times)

Offline bolexje

04.14.94 - Melkweg Amsterdam, Holland [SDB]
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 10:45:59 AM »
OK so it came across. Thank you for thanking me. I'm glad I made some people happy with this tape. I know there is also video footage of this concert but I'm not sure if I will be able to find it.

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 10:46:36 AM »
this show will be on my playlist for the rest of the week , thanks again , its great how these gems surface even after more than ten years , it makes me wonder what else is out there to be shared .
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 10:53:04 AM »
i have no doubt, and have thought for a long time, that stuff like this is just the tip of the iceberg. the last 4 years have been huge for uncovering new stuff, particularly video footage, but some great audio too (this is a perfect example). when i think back 4 or 5 years, there was next to ZERO video footage in circulation.

recordings like this must be everywhere. in peoples homes, in boxes, under staircases, on hard drives - everywhere. CC traders have always been a bit fickle when it comes to sharing. thank god that's changed a bit now. sites like this, and recordings like this, do a LOT to change that.

the only way to continually uneart stuff is to keep digging. and the only way to make sure shows go from "rare" to "in circulation" is to share everything you find.

Offline Kasper

• waking and dreaming
    • http://www.myspace.com/kasperkristjansson
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 11:09:35 AM »
Quote from: acwk;26580
i have no doubt, and have thought for a long time, that stuff like this is just the tip of the iceberg. the last 4 years have been huge for uncovering new stuff, particularly video footage, but some great audio too (this is a perfect example). when i think back 4 or 5 years, there was next to ZERO video footage in circulation.

recordings like this must be everywhere. in peoples homes, in boxes, under staircases, on hard drives - everywhere. CC traders have always been a bit fickle when it comes to sharing. thank god that's changed a bit now. sites like this, and recordings like this, do a LOT to change that.

the only way to continually uneart stuff is to keep digging. and the only way to make sure shows go from "rare" to "in circulation" is to share everything you find.

I hear you, Rob.

But it's hard to find out where to look. We can do nothing but hoping that these people one day bring the recordings to this site. ;)
Whatever happens...
"...We\'ll still come around" ;)

Offline Anton

• Pierrot the clown
    • http://fitzcairn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »
Rob i dont think you want to surface my Blair Witch Project of the Austin show :D
http://www.myspace.com/woodythefrench | http://twitter.com/Fitzcairn_

"I\'ve been to Paris 2000, Austin Texas 2001, Paris 2003, Brussels 2004, Paris 2008 and Brussels 2008 !"

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 11:38:29 AM »
Quote from: Kapper;26588
I hear you, Rob.

But it's hard to find out where to look. We can do nothing but hoping that these people one day bring the recordings to this site. ;)

i never knew where to look either. i just started at the start. email addresses. old lists. people who know people who know people. offer whatever you have in exchange. contact tapers. all that stuff.

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 11:39:36 AM »
Quote from: Woodythefrench;26595
Rob i dont think you want to surface my Blair Witch Project of the Austin show :D

LOL - i've heard rumours about it!!

Offline Kasper

• waking and dreaming
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 11:55:27 AM »
Quote from: acwk;26603
i never knew where to look either. i just started at the start. email addresses. old lists. people who know people who know people. offer whatever you have in exchange. contact tapers. all that stuff.

I can only imagine how much work you've put in getting the collection that you've got now! Great counting crows shows have been played here in Denmark. Few but great shows. But I'm the only dane on this site and I don't know anyone in DK but me who is interested in boots. A larger investigation would have to be made to find people who might have these recordings somewhere in Copenhagen. What many of you on this site have done is good inspiration to do something similar. I might see if I can get in touch with some people when I get back on my feet. :)
Thanks Rob. ;)
Whatever happens...

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 11:57:09 AM »
Quote from: acwk;26580

I also love the ways it been for long while now, I'm always looking for traders to share with and Get Counting crows shows in trade and to have gems like this come up is like Rob said.....Lets hope there more in the pipe line ;)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline dazed64

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 01:12:02 PM »
Thank You for your generosity....

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 10:17:05 AM »
this has got to be the best find in years , i just love it

what with this and the new addition to the archives on livecountingcrows.com
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 10:39:09 AM »
i agree, i listened to this today and the soundquality is just fucking superb. best find since the paris 94 shows.....

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 10:45:48 AM »
What an awsome SDB Recording. Thanks for sharing mate :)

Offline jtopping

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 02:36:05 PM »
is this show just resurfacing, or has it been around all this time, and i just missed it somehow?

sounds great!

Offline Kasper

• waking and dreaming
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2008, 03:08:06 PM »
I don't think it has been around. There are a lot of "old super collectors" here and they would have had it I'm sure. ;)
Whatever happens...

anything