Author Topic: X-Men Leak Downloaded Over a Million Times  (Read 1359 times)

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
X-Men Leak Downloaded Over a Million Times
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:08:40 PM »
The unfinished workprint of ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’ that leaked just a few days ago has already made its way to the computers of more than a million Torrent users. Unsurprisingly, the film leads our weekly chart of the ten most downloaded movies on Torrents.

Less than a week after 20th Century Fox’s ‘upcoming’ blockbuster first appeared online, and three long weeks before the official premiere in the movie theaters, over a million people have already downloaded X-Men Origins: Wolverine via Torrents.

At the time of writing the film is also topping The Top 100 most popular torrents and is listed among the most popular search terms on other torrent sites.

In an attempt to keep the damage to a minimum, Fox has been sending out takedown notices to various torrent sites. Most site operators are kind enough to take down the links, but new ones are already uploaded before the requests are processed.

Interestingly, most people think that the leak will actually do the movie good, as a poll among our readers indicates that 40% would be more excited to see it in the movie theater or on DVD, even if they had downloaded it. Only 6% of the respondents believe that the leak will be detrimental to the film’s success.

Edited From Source
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:11:12 PM by ossobear »
Crows Town Moderator

Offline tigger165

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 09:19:33 PM »
I have a 'friend' who viewed this over the weekend with his family and everyone hands down wants to see it more in a theater after watching the workprint. It's a great flick that you could watch more than once and you definitely want to see what it looks like with all the effects added in and the additional 14 minutes of footage.

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 09:43:16 PM »
These same thing happened to the movie 300. A great movie which people wanted to see it more in theaters after watching the workprint.

Offline Nicolas

• The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »
Quote from: Simon;30443
These same thing happened to the movie 300. A great movie which people wanted to see it more in theaters after watching the workprint.

i guess we have different standard on what's a "great movie". sure, it has great special effects, but i didnt find it interesting beyond that point.

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 11:21:53 PM »
Quote from: acade365;30444
i guess we have different standard on what's a "great movie". sure, it has great special effects, but i didnt find it interesting beyond that point.

I like those type of movies. Gladiator, Bravehearth & 300 are amongst my favs.

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 11:32:01 PM »
I just think its the way forward for film, Take those people who cant get out of their home, if they charged a small download fee them they could make it work on both sides, those who wanted to see the film in the cinema and those who couldn't make it see it at the same time at home, that would work better, Once Ive seen them in Work Print I cant wait to see them in either Blu-ray or cinema
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Nicolas

• The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 11:43:44 PM »
Quote from: Simon;30445
I like those type of movies. Gladiator, Bravehearth & 300 are amongst my favs.

i love gladiator. IMO it has a good story, great acting and a wonderful direction. but it seems to me that 300 is just a bunch of guys fighting during the whole movie, with no character depth or interesting story. i mean - its not bad, but its just another movie.

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 10:21:35 AM »
i look forward to watching Wolverine in all its glory
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

anything