Author Topic: Newbie Introductions  (Read 12764 times)

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
Newbie Introductions
« on: January 08, 2007, 11:04:29 AM »
Thought I'd start a thrread up to encourage all the newbies / non-posters to speak up and say hi.

Feel free to post and tell us a little about yourselves, where you're from etc.

I'll start: I'm Rob, from Australia and I got a new mobile phone this weekend. A Nokia 2688 - i LOVE IT.

come on guys, speak up!

Offline jwadede

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 11:56:48 AM »
I'm James, from UK. 20 years old and study psychology... Love music (especially Counting Crows!)

At the moment I'm feeling a bit impatient on details of the new Counting Crows album... New year and still no new tidbits :-(

Offline CCrows78

• Your Party Sucks
    • http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 06:18:28 AM »
Great idea Rob.  I'm not a complete newbie but most of you folks don't know me too well, so here's a few hints.  My name is Matt and I live in La Vergne, Tennessee which is just outside of Nashville.  I wait tables and bartend to pay the bills.  I go to school part time and am working on a degree in English and Secondary Education.  I used to be in film school but since I can't see myself living the LA/NY lifestyle, I've moved on from that one.  I'm also a writer and I'm currently working on several different projects with hopes of publishing some of them by the end of the year.  Nice to meet you all.  Let's hear from more of you guys who have been here a while too!
Matt

"I don\'t like raisins...they\'re really just humiliated grapes" - Benny & Joon

"I\'m always home, I\'m uncool.  The only true currency in this world is what you share with someone when you\'re uncool" - Almost Famous

http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com

Offline kromer891

• Three for a Wedding
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 07:07:33 AM »
Well, my name is Mark I've been around for years. I've been a CC fan since AAEA came out and I've been frequenting the various incarnations of cc.com as well as other sites since about 1996. I used to be a permanent fixture around the old, old chat room but left when new blood started contaminating the mood (no, negativity and general unpleasantness is nothing new in the world of CC).

I've been living and teaching in Las Vegas, NV for about two years now. I teach Middle School Math to students identified with learning disabilities. I was teaching younger students with Autism and I loved the program, but when my school district decided there weren't enough students to justify keeping the program at the school, my options were opened and I choose my current position. I have never been happier in life!

I couldn't pick a favorite CC concert, but the ones that end up being listened to most often are the Warfield '03 shows, 2003-09-01, and Bimbo's.

Offline Sandman

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 09:41:08 PM »
Hi! Im Robert and Im here in DUbai. Im AGAIN listening to CC music after listening to some other music for some time and Im HOOKED AGAIN! Im waiting, waiting for the next album and hoping for a DVD. Any news on that guys?

Offline bleed

• Two for Mirth
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 08:59:17 PM »
Hi everyone, im almost new.
My name's Rob (too) im 22 years. The basic of me: I love music (cc of course), graphic design (web, comic, animation, etc.), and movies; (im not sure if this is the correct order).
The only way out is through, the faster we\'re in the better.

Offline rocknrollsinger

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 05:49:08 AM »
I am Aaron in Nashville, TN.  I am a huge fan of early Counting Crows (1993-1997 mostly).  I do like some of the later material, but the early stuff really inspired me to start a band when I was a teenager.  I'm 28 now and have been in bands for many years (http://www.myspace.com/youngprofessionalsband.  Check it, I think you guys might like it.

Offline flips

• Five for Silver
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 03:36:05 PM »
Bump for the new members. Say hello everyone!

:wave:
I like soap bubbles.

My books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/flips

Offline muc1979

• Three for a Wedding
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »
Hi,

I am not so new anymore, but seem to have missed this thread.

My name is Dominik and I live in the north of Munich, Bavaria.
I am 27 years old and am working as a Administrator in a big American company.

I seen the Crows in the US about 6 years ago and was blown away by the sound and immediately fell in love with their music.

If you wanna know anthing else, just let me know

Offline Superpresident

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 03:47:14 AM »
Well helllllo...

I'm Graham, also a student @ Stirling in Scotland, studying Accounts/Business. First exam in 30 hours! :D

looking forward to having another place to procrastinate... that's exactly what I need right now! :P

Offline Fiona

• Two for Mirth
    • http://fiona.fatal.ru
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 08:38:36 AM »
hello guys :D

Offline traceyann

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 10:39:39 PM »
Hi, my name is tracey ann.  I am originally from stirling but live in the north of scotland. I work in the hospital up there.  I have been a cc fan since AAEA and first saw them live in 1994 and have seen them many times since.

Hello everyone.

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 11:01:32 PM »
Quote from: traceyann;4263
Hi, my name is tracey ann.  I am originally from stirling but live in the north of scotland. I work in the hospital up there.  I have been a cc fan since AAEA and first saw them live in 1994 and have seen them many times since.

Hello everyone.

Hi Tracey,

Welcome to Crowstown and we hope you like it here!

Offline Alro

• Two for Mirth
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 09:27:13 PM »
I'm not really new, I just haven't been around much since I joined here.  I posted a show back on the old Crows Town site (Columbia, MD 2006, I believe).  So I'm back and I hope to be able to contribute more and find some good live shows.

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 09:28:13 PM »
Quote from: Alro;4655
I'm not really new, I just haven't been around much since I joined here.  I posted a show back on the old Crows Town site (Columbia, MD 2006, I believe).  So I'm back and I hope to be able to contribute more and find some good live shows.

Glad you are back Alro.... ;)