Author Topic: Newbie Introductions  (Read 12344 times)

Offline vor

• Two for Mirth
    • http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/timmckay/
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 01:56:23 AM »
I've been a member for awhile but I don't post much...mainly to threaten people and complain in the Survivor threads. :)

I've worked for a group of 8 radio stations for over 13 years. Currently I am Production Manager/Creative Director. Trust me, the title makes me sound much more important than I am.

I live in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada and I probably always will. Ironically I couldn't wait to leave this city when I was a kid, but once I did I realized how great it was. I'm married to an amazing woman, and we have a seriously funny 8-year old boy.

I first saw Counting Crows in Quebec City on the RTS tour. Awesome...almost a religous experience. Adam was ON that night. It was worth every minute of the 9 hour drive through a snowstorm it took to get there.

As far as the internet goes, I help moderate a fairly busy message board. Bittorrent is like crack to me, but cheaper. I'm a baseball fanatic and subscribe to MLB.TV so I can watch every Red Sox game.

That's about it.

Offline rbeyer999

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Unite
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 03:03:12 AM »
I'm Rob, too, and I live in New York City.  Been to about 25 shows, the first in 1994.  

and I'm very happy to be here.

Offline Javi

• Administrator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 07:57:08 AM »
Hello, Rob

Welcome to Crowstown.  :wave:
Javier
Crows Town Moderator

Offline jane.d

• Three for a Wedding
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 09:04:44 PM »
Hihi!

I am the typical lurker here :-) I come around the learn the latest on the Crows and share that with my friends at dutchcrows.nl, who are not that interested anymore. But I am.. I already feel the excitement of the new album, probably since I really loved (parts of) Hard Candy.

Bought AAEA second hand in 94 on a holiday in the States. Saw the guys in 1997, was not that impressed (sister had to run to toilet in the middle of concert to throw up - which didn't help) but kept on listening to the cd's and in august 2002 I got officially hooked.

My harddisk is too small and to chaotic so try to download not too many shows, but sometimes can't help myself. My goal is to have the bootlegs to all 8 shows in the Netherlands and Belgium I have been to.

Offline cfmwh

• Six for Gold
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 10:48:51 PM »
Hey jane.d.............check your PM.

Offline philjw

• boy who looks like elvis
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 06:18:09 PM »
Guess this would be the place to say hello to everyone.  My name is Phil, and I'm a long time crows fan, but only recently have I gotten involved in any of these online communities.  I first started listening to the crows in '93 when I lived in Ohio, where I attended several concerts and collected a sizeable bootleg collection as well over the years.  Unfortunately, someone decided to steal almost my entire music collection, and I then moved to DC and spent three years in law school that just about destroyed my other personal interests.  Now, however, I've re-acquired nearly all of the commercial releases (including some surprisingly hard to find singles) and am excited about all of the great bootleg material available.  I also saw the crows in concert in Wilmington last week for the first time since 2002, and it was fantastic.  This site is an amazing resource, and I thank all of you that make it possible.  

By the way, I noticed that several torrents here have been uploaded to megaupload.com as direct downloads.  Is that something that many people find useful?  If so, I'd be glad to upload some shows.  As for new material, I don't have much that isn't already here as I am essentially starting over, but if I come across anything, I'll definitely seed it.

Take care,
Phil

Offline irishskagirrl2

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 06:24:02 PM »
I am Mary- 27 and a Coordinator of Youth Ministry (whats that!?!?!) from Michigan--- Got connected to this website from countingcrows.com--- looking to get some music.  What sucks is I am COMPLETELY TECHNOLOGICALLY stunted- so...any advice for getting shows would be great:-)

Offline irishskagirrl2

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 06:29:06 PM »
Like the word torrent--- makes no sense to me (just to give you a picture of how much I don't understand this stuff).  I have never heard it before- :-)

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 10:14:46 PM »
Quote from: philjw;6645
By the way, I noticed that several torrents here have been uploaded to megaupload.com as direct downloads.  Is that something that many people find useful?  If so, I'd be glad to upload some shows.  As for new material, I don't have much that isn't already here as I am essentially starting over, but if I come across anything, I'll definitely seed it.

Take care,
Phil

Welcome to Crowstown Phil.

If you would love to upload some bootlegs on megaupload or ftp please feel free to do so. There is always people who don't know how to get around with torrents and all that so they must find private ftp downloads easy. Again welcome and we hope you like it here!

Regards

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »
Quote from: irishskagirrl2;6647
Like the word torrent--- makes no sense to me (just to give you a picture of how much I don't understand this stuff).  I have never heard it before- :-)

Hi Mary,

First of all i welcome you here also. We hope you like it and get active in the forums. If you need any help or assistance regarding bittorrents please feel free to ask in here for assistance.

http://www.crows-town.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Also you should read this before and try to work around it cause using torrents is really easy when you get around it. Again if you are stuck or need any help please shout in the support and help desk forums!

http://www.crows-town.com/showthread.php?t=196

Regards

Offline flips

• Five for Silver
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 11:00:11 PM »
Welcome to Crowstown Phil and Mary!   :yeah:
I like soap bubbles.

My books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/flips

Offline intheccethers

• Three for a Wedding
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 06:07:59 AM »
I am completely new to this site, just joined yesterday.  My name is Jen, I live in Oklahoma City (USA) and I've loved CC music since i first heard AAEA directly after it was released.  I have never seen CC live, though I would love to have that opportunity.  I work as a mortgage loan processor in a company I co-own with my ex-husband.  

There are only a handful of bands that I have followed from their inception and absolutely loved every song on every album, Counting Crows is one of those bands.  I was so happy to find this site and all the treasures stored here.  Thank you very much to all who are involved in making this site available.  I like the vibe on this site.

I guess I would have to say that Recovering the Satellites is my favorite CC album, followed very closely by AAEA.  I remember when I first got AAEA, and I thought to myself, "wow, how does he write this stuff?"  lyrics, of course.  I'm a writer too (I think someone mentioned they were a writer too).  I write loads of poetry, some fiction, but mostly right now I am concentrating on a screenplay.  Writing is my therapy because when I write I am the ultimate authority and I get to create the world any way I please.  :)

I hope to contribute here mostly by doing some B&P's.  I'm still learning how to use Nero to get the video's burned into one uninterrupted show.  Anyone wanna help me out on figuring it out?  Anyway, if I can figure it out I will offer up some B&P's for people who don't have broadband or can't find their way through the BT maze.  

Thanks again for this place, it's wonderful.
"Love is a verb here in my room."

http://www.myspace.com/gvntofly

Offline Javi

• Administrator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 06:28:31 AM »
Welcome Jen to Crowstown!! :wave: If you need some help with Nero, you can always post your question in the Support/Help Desk section. There we as a community can help you out. I have some knowledge on using Nero and I know others on this site use the software also.
Javier
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Sommerkind

• One for Sorrow
Greetings from Germany
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 05:56:27 PM »
I'm new to this website. :shy:
A friend referred me here. And it looks cool. :yourock: So I thought I'd say everyone.

:wave: Hi everyone! :roll:

Oooh, and I love all those smilies. :thumbsup::amen:

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »
I'm Chris, a 24 year old law student in NY. Favorite CC show probably happened a week ago at Town Hall (although there was a show last summer in Hershey that was tremendous, and I say this having seen them 8 times now).

anything