Author Topic: Newbie Introductions  (Read 12748 times)

Offline kimberlycable

• Two for Mirth
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007, 06:44:45 PM »
Hi everyone.  My name is Kimberly and I live in Southern New Jersey (USA)
I am happily married for 12 years and have a 4 year old son and a 6 year old daughter (both who LOVE the Crows).
My husband and I have traveled the US seeing CC since their inception and can't wait for the next tour to start.
I am self employed in the business of residential appliance repair and spend most of my free time lately on this website because I enjoy it so much.
Kimberly
When are you coming home...sweet angel

Offline philjw

• boy who looks like elvis
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2007, 07:33:14 PM »
Quote from: cmigs;9774
I'm Chris, a 24 year old law student in NY. Favorite CC show probably happened a week ago at Town Hall (although there was a show last summer in Hershey that was tremendous, and I say this having seen them 8 times now).

Hey, a fellow attorney (to be, at least).  Which school do you go to?  I worked in NY briefly and my girlfriend (also an attorney) works there now and went to NYU.

Offline fortunateson76

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2007, 09:22:06 PM »
Hey everyone!  I'm Adam....really, that's my name.  i've been a huge fan since AAEA and have followed the band through everything since then.  I have seen them in concert 5 times and plan on many, many more.  I've met the entire band once at the House of Blues in Orlando, and met Dan, Matt, and Charlie prior to that in Tampa.  I'm also a big fan of the band LIVE.

Offline kphamilton

• I believe it\'s love
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 09:30:22 PM »
My name is Kevin. I'm 18 years old and I live in Baltimore, Maryland. I currently attend school at Mt. St. Mary's University in Maryland, where I am studying computer science. I love the Crows and have never been to a concert, but I have a lot of boots and I will attend a lot of shows before I die... I'll hopefully go to my first crows concert in early 2008.
- Kevin

Offline KCon45

• Three for a Wedding
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 02:51:51 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm Keara.  I'm 25 and I live in New York, currently in my second year in a psychology graduate program in the city (so if anyone's interested we are always looking for new referrals to our clinic, lol jk).  I have been on here about a month and i feel so grateful to all of you who have shared all of your recordings!  What a great community full of helpful and generous people.  I have been to about 9 shows and have all the official releases but didn't have any of the bootlegs so I am really excited to join this community, and hopefully I can give back .  The last show I was at was AC and it was definitely one of the best I've seen.  hopefully that show will turn up :)

Offline rimsly

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2007, 06:22:39 AM »
hi everybody, my name's corinne.  i'm not much of a poster but i thought i would  do the newbie introduction thing. i'm 29, i live in houston--grew up in michigan. i lived in south dakota for about 10 years in between.  i'm a dental hygienist by day. (go floss your teeth!!!) i just want to say thanks to everyone involved in this site and everyone sharing recordings.  this is an awesome way to share great music!! i've only been to 2 shows, one of which i brought a friend with me who only knew mr jones and a long december.  after one show she was converted to a die hard fan!

Offline Javi

• Administrator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 06:27:00 AM »
Welcome Corinne and all of the other new members to Crowstown. :wave:
Javier
Crows Town Moderator

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2007, 10:37:17 PM »
Hi there guys Im Bob too lol How Many Bob's - Rob's is that now, Im not all that new been round since Pinkbunysuit - Bootserv got most of my boots that way and in trade I'm a big soild fan of Counting Crows and have been since AAEA, Someone left the album in my CD player at a Party at My house I Got Up in the morning and switch on my CD player to find it in there, I Played the Album all day till They came Back for it and had to go out and get me Own Copy, I have two now as No.1 has a ring around it from being in the cd player so long hehehe, cant really rember a time before that when I was in to band so much, and im 32 now and have two kids, When My kids were younger and couldnt sleep I would put it on for them soothing, I live in a town close to london at the moment, I will happly stay up and miss sleep and the like just to get my hands on more CC boots, (the taste of chicago show 04-07-04 2am in london 8pm in Chicago). I have some boots but you can never have enough I feel im in to reviving and Re-editing some boots plus I try to make the CD Covers for them too. I Run A Lossless Audio Hub On DC++ Will Not Post Addy as I Dont Khow If The Mods Will Like It But Hey, I will Happily Do Anything for anyone (with in reason lol you cant have any of me kids well maybe just the one ... NO in fact have both lol ), So if you need anything just ask I will help all I can Im Like Britsh Rail Im Not That Quick But Ill Get To You. PM's and my MSN is all ways Open So Come On In It Cold Out There Take Your Coat Off lol WIPE Your Feet Though
Crows Town Moderator

Offline napper

• Irish Bastard
  • Administrator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 02:28:11 AM »
Hi I am Travis.  I am not new, actually helped setup the first Crows Town site  (back before chris made it all pretty and stuff).  I am a computer programmer for a Management Company who lends to sub-prime markets in the Southeastern US.  I also own a small software company.

I also spend a good amount of time over at TapeCity.org.  Hal and I started that after we thought it would be benficial for us to combine PinkBunnySuit (which I ran) and BootServ (which Hal ran).  It has created a network that exploded faster than I could of ever imagined.  We now run 3 servers which hosts all the sites located at http://www.walms.com.

I am also addicted to bootlegs of any kind.
Travis
Counting Crows Live Radio DJ
For Radio Request, please PM me and I will get it in the queue!

Offline Javi

• Administrator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 06:06:33 AM »
Travis, we thank you for everything you do for this site!!  :thumbsup:
Javier
Crows Town Moderator

Offline napper

• Irish Bastard
  • Administrator
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 02:32:51 PM »
You should thank Simon more then me for Crows Town.  He has put in more than 10 times the amount of time I have here at Crows Town.

On that note, I would like to send Simon a big
Travis
Counting Crows Live Radio DJ
For Radio Request, please PM me and I will get it in the queue!

Offline hk03

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2007, 07:16:51 AM »
hey.  im sara.  ive loved the crows since they surfaced during my angst-filled middle school days.  ive been around various incarnations of online cc communities and am now happy to join this one.  thanks to everyone that uploads shows and shares the love.

Offline mez7000

• Two for Mirth
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
Hi all, been a fan of the crows for about 3 years  now, stumbled across "films about ghosts" and haven't stop listening to them since.  Now I'm waiting patiently to seem them live, but in the meantime am collecting the live shows and other related material.

A big thank you goes out to the guys that make this site what it is.  Keep up the good work!

:thankyou:
""...you can see a million miles tonight but you can\'t get very far""

Offline Adam

• Six for Gold
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 04:38:37 AM »
Hey there everyone, the name's Adam.
I've been a Crows fan for around...oohhh...i would say maybe 2 years now?

I've always been very aware that the Crows' were out there but never actually heard any of their music, and then one day by chance i heard 'Anna Begins' in my local music store and that was pretty much it.
I snapped up a copy of 'August' right that second and i've been a fan ever since.

I'm looking forward to getting to know a few people around here :)

Offline aarathi

• One for Sorrow
Newbie Introductions
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 06:14:39 AM »
Welcome to this wonderful forum. I am Bindu, new member of this site. I am from kerala, popularly known as God's own country. I am very happy to visit this site. Come on and enjoy by visiting this site.