Author Topic: Almost complete Counting Crows CD/DVD collection (1992-2004) looking for a good home  (Read 4459 times)

Offline joemarty

• One for Sorrow
That's right. After much soul searching and much needed space in our house I am having to pass on my Counting Crows collection. I have almost every show from 1992 until 2004. There must be over 800 discs in total and as you can see from the attached photos it is all in big CD storage cases now from 1992 onwards in date order.

There is some amazing music here as you all know and I'll definately be copying some of the shows that I always go back to listen to. But I cannot warrant keeping the whole set now as I just don't enjoy them enough and I'm sure there'll be people that would enjoy the shows more than I have the past few years.

I also have a good collection of DVD's which is included on the Word document list. I have put on photos of some of the DVD's with artwork in cases on here as well. The rest of the VCD's and DVD's are in the storage cases.

I'm not looking to make money out of this collection but would like to try and recover some of the cost of collecting it! Therefore please email me at: joemarty2@hotmail.com for further info. Due to the size of the collection it is only available to people in the UK, sorry.

Thanks for your time. Jody joemarty2@hotmail.com

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
:( only UK??

aww...
but i hope this goes to a great owner!

Offline checker806

• The light goes out...
Quote from: joemarty;31164
That's right. After much soul searching and much needed space in our house I am having to pass on my Counting Crows collection. I have almost every show from 1992 until 2004. There must be over 800 discs in total and as you can see from the attached photos it is all in big CD storage cases now from 1992 onwards in date order.

There is some amazing music here as you all know and I'll definately be copying some of the shows that I always go back to listen to. But I cannot warrant keeping the whole set now as I just don't enjoy them enough and I'm sure there'll be people that would enjoy the shows more than I have the past few years.

I also have a good collection of DVD's which is included on the Word document list. I have put on photos of some of the DVD's with artwork in cases on here as well. The rest of the VCD's and DVD's are in the storage cases.

I'm not looking to make money out of this collection but would like to try and recover some of the cost of collecting it! Therefore please email me at: joemarty2@hotmail.com for further info. Due to the size of the collection it is only available to people in the UK, sorry.

Thanks for your time. Jody joemarty2@hotmail.com

Holy smokes!  Hell of a collection there!  Id love to get it, but Im in the US... Any chance of reconsidering? :D
Did you think that you were dreamin...I said "no"
I didnt think that I was dreamin...Sometimes I dont know...

Houston, TX 9-7-06 "Round Here" alts...

Offline joemarty

• One for Sorrow
I'm not sure how much it would cost to get to the US or even the best way of getting it there! I'll look into it :)

Offline allmyfriends77

• Two for Mirth
  • "Such a life, Such a life...."
    • http://db.etree.org/allmyfriends25
wow...looks EXACTLY like my collection. I too have every live recording known to man from 1992 to 2004. I kinda lost touch after that year, but still have tons more from 2004 to current. I would have to throw in 12 black tape boxes, 2 cardboard boxes filled with vhs tapes along with those cd's and dvd's as well.

My collection is priceless. I would NEVER sell it, no matter what room I don't have to store these. Way too many memories in getting half of this stuff and trips I've been on to get it. I could never give that up. My heart is breaking just seeing this.
"that is why i put on the guitars and take that breath and before ever song, quietly say to myself, “this is a gift for others- let go- imagine you are in the nose-bleeds- sing for them- give everything” - Ryan Adams

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
I would love it as well but I'm also in the US.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Great collection, it seems like such a shame to give it away.
I hope you find a good home for it.

Offline Anton

• Pierrot the clown
    • http://fitzcairn.wordpress.com/
In my opinion when you're a big fan of the crows or any other band there is always a place for keep a collection ;)
http://www.myspace.com/woodythefrench | http://twitter.com/Fitzcairn_

"I\'ve been to Paris 2000, Austin Texas 2001, Paris 2003, Brussels 2004, Paris 2008 and Brussels 2008 !"

Offline joemarty

• One for Sorrow
It does break my heart to think of all the time and hard work, and lots of fun too to just not have it anymore. But I want somebody to have it and really enjoy it the way I did when I first heard so many of those amazing shows. I've also met some really cool people through trading and can't thank them enough for helping me hear this stuff. I'm going to copy my favourite shows so it's not all going;)

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
You have a PM ;)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
Quote from: ossobear;31205
You have a PM ;)

And now an Email
Crows Town Moderator

Offline checker806

• The light goes out...
Quote from: ossobear;31238
And now an Email

Osso, Im glad you are getting it!  You are somebody who I know is glad to share the wealth of this collection!

Offline tigger165

• Three for a Wedding
Jody you're doing a real nice thing and if it all works out, Osso is a super great guy to get this collection.
Cheers all the way around...

Offline checker806

• The light goes out...
Quote from: tigger165;31244
Jody you're doing a real nice thing and if it all works out, Osso is a super great guy to get this collection.
Cheers all the way around...

I also agree...Osso is well deserving of this fine collection!

Offline Kasper

• waking and dreaming
    • http://www.myspace.com/kasperkristjansson
I vote for Osso too. And you know he'd always upload stuff for us if we need it. :)
Whatever happens...
"...We\'ll still come around" ;)

anything