Poll

Least favorite track off SNSM? -Round 4-

492
6 (18.8%)
anging Tree
4 (12.5%)
os Angeles
3 (9.4%)
nsignificant
2 (6.3%)
owboys
0 (0%)
ashington Square
1 (3.1%)
n Almost Any Sunday Morning
3 (9.4%)
hen I Dream Of Michelangelo
1 (3.1%)
ou Can\'t Count On Me
11 (34.4%)
ome Around
1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: May 17, 2009, 01:49:25 AM

Author Topic: SNSM Survivor - Round 5  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Kasper

  • waking and dreaming
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1128
    • http://www.myspace.com/kasperkristjansson
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 06:00:56 PM »
Quote from: Nicolas;31706
got to agree here. its by far their best solo... and i think insignificant shouldnt go until the last three rounds, but thats just IMO.

and also got to agree on the playing-guitar-makes-you-listen-the-songs-from-another-point-of-view. a trained ear can find every subtle detail in a song, wheter its bad or good.

and about 1492, its a great song, but im a bit tired of it. :(


Yup. If you ever feel like arh-I-wish-slash-was-our-lead-guitarist the solo in Insignificant is the closest you're gonna get. Sometimes I wish Dan's style could be more slashy - just a bit. I mean more wild in the uptempo songs. I think he's doing a great job in goodnight elisabeth eg.
Which reminds me that the thing Immy and Dan are doing in children in bloom - that's FU%¤ING AWESOME. Wuhu. Go guitars! :D
Immy's got that wild guitarist going, I reckon at least. :)
Whatever happens...
"...We\'ll still come around" ;)

Offline Nicolas

  • The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1732
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »
Quote from: Kasper;31707
Yup. If you ever feel like arh-I-wish-slash-was-our-lead-guitarist the solo in Insignificant is the closest you're gonna get. Sometimes I wish Dan's style could be more slashy - just a bit. I mean more wild in the uptempo songs. I think he's doing a great job in goodnight elisabeth eg.
Which reminds me that the thing Immy and Dan are doing in children in bloom - that's FU%¤ING AWESOME. Wuhu. Go guitars! :D
Immy's got that wild guitarist going, I reckon at least. :)


thank god cc hasnt got that drunken bastard as lead guitarist.

Offline Kasper

  • waking and dreaming
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1128
    • http://www.myspace.com/kasperkristjansson
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 06:05:53 PM »
Quote from: Nicolas;31708
thank god cc hasnt got that drunken bastard as lead guitarist.


But he is good no one can stand against that. :p
You heard the new Guns n' Roses album, Nic?
Thinking about doing it but it's not really my thing.

By the way I only meant in style not in person. ;)
I don't like him either. :D
Whatever happens...
"...We\'ll still come around" ;)

Offline Anton

  • Pierrot the clown
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2139
    • http://fitzcairn.wordpress.com/
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 06:06:13 PM »
I agree Immy and Dan guitars in children in bloom are just epic i can't stop to watch this video :)
http://www.myspace.com/woodythefrench | http://twitter.com/Fitzcairn_

"I\'ve been to Paris 2000, Austin Texas 2001, Paris 2003, Brussels 2004, Paris 2008 and Brussels 2008 !"

Offline Nicolas

  • The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1732
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 06:48:09 PM »
Quote from: Kasper;31709
But he is good no one can stand against that. :p
You heard the new Guns n' Roses album, Nic?
Thinking about doing it but it's not really my thing.

By the way I only meant in style not in person. ;)
I don't like him either. :D


never was a fan of guns n' roses. i cant deny they wrote great songs and were a great influence for a lot of bands, but i just hate axl rose. dont like his voice nor his attitude. i couldnt care less for the rest of the band, though they were, in general, pretty good musicians.

and i heard a couple songs from chinese democracy and its not guns n roses. not that thats a bad thing, but its another band with the same singer.

Offline ossobear

  • Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4660
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 07:04:41 PM »
This getting so hard now ;( I went for Los Angeles but I know Ill change my mind
Crows Town Moderator

Offline ossobear

  • Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4660
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 07:05:37 PM »
looking at this I cant belive that You Can't Count On Me got so many votes ;(
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Kasper

  • waking and dreaming
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1128
    • http://www.myspace.com/kasperkristjansson
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 07:18:35 PM »
Quote from: ossobear;31713
looking at this I cant belive that You Can't Count On Me got so many votes ;(


Me neither. I don't think it's that bad. I can't believe you voted for Los Angeles, Osso? That's one great tune! I don't like the vocals on it but it's a great song, I reckon. :)
Whatever happens...
"...We\'ll still come around" ;)

Offline ossobear

  • Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4660
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 08:02:19 PM »
I do I love most of them and Now we are down to all the good ones the choices are harder ;(
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Nicolas

  • The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1732
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 10:53:05 PM »
Quote from: Kasper;31714
Me neither. I don't think it's that bad. I can't believe you voted for Los Angeles, Osso? That's one great tune! I don't like the vocals on it but it's a great song, I reckon. :)


IMO, you cant count on me its the most bland (dont know if its most bland or blandest :P) song on this record... it just doesnt have any emotion.

i have been voting against it since round 1 so i hope this time it gets kicked out. :P

Offline Graham

  • Age Is A State Of Mind...
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1163
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 11:36:52 PM »
I was going for On Almost Any Sunday Morning as I did in last round but after last night. I have to change my choice and go with the flow with You Can't Count On Me
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline chris

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1371
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 11:53:47 PM »
It's so obvious... You Can't Count On Me.

To bad I join in @ round 5. Ballet D'Or was eliminated in round 1? How could you!

Offline Nicolas

  • The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1732
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 03:12:55 AM »
Quote from: chris;32060
It's so obvious... You Can't Count On Me.

To bad I join in @ round 5. Ballet D'Or was eliminated in round 1? How could you!


they took out ballet dor, on a tuesday in amsterdam long ago and sundays... YCCOM should have been the first one IMO.

Offline Anton

  • Pierrot the clown
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2139
    • http://fitzcairn.wordpress.com/
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 05:31:11 AM »
Quote from: chris;32060
It's so obvious... You Can't Count On Me.

To bad I join in @ round 5. Ballet D'Or was eliminated in round 1? How could you!

Ballet D'Or elmination was well deserved ! :D
http://www.myspace.com/woodythefrench | http://twitter.com/Fitzcairn_

"I\'ve been to Paris 2000, Austin Texas 2001, Paris 2003, Brussels 2004, Paris 2008 and Brussels 2008 !"

Offline Kasper

  • waking and dreaming
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1128
    • http://www.myspace.com/kasperkristjansson
SNSM Survivor - Round 5
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 08:35:35 AM »
Can we get on with this, please? :p
Whatever happens...
"...We\'ll still come around" ;)