Author Topic: Saw III, Children of Men.....  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
Saw III, Children of Men.....
« on: January 12, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »
Before i start with movies that i recommened you to rent i would wanna write a review about a movie that you should go and watch in cinemas. It's Apocalypto directed by Mel Gibson’s and it's his second movie with a strange language. It’s Mayan (or how ever you write that) because the movie’s all about Mayans and the end of their civilization. Go and watch it as i highly recommened it and you wown't regret it! http://imdb.com/title/tt0472043/

Saw 3

It’s the second sequel and if you liked and enjoyed Saw 1 & 2 you might wanna check this out. However Saw 1 was the best of all but still enjoyed this!

“Children of Men” is an interesting film about the problems that we could have in the future if we don’t take care. I have seen this movie a week ago and i found it boring however do watch it as others really liked it infact this movie allready took place in the “IMDB top 250″ films in the #222 place with a 8.1 rating.

Recommended movie!

This movie is somehow simple but i enjoyed it. I like Edward Norton as an actor so that made it even better.
Director Neil Burger’s screen adaptation of Steven Millhauser’s short story ‘Eisenheim the Illusionist’. Eisenheim (Edward Norton) is a magician in early 1900’s Vienna, who falls in love with a woman well above his social standing. When she becomes engaged to a Crown Prince, Eisenheim uses his powers to free her and undermine the stability of the royal house of Vienna.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 01:10:28 PM »
I went to see Apocalypto yesterday,there could have been a little less detailed violence for my taste but i've seen more of Mel Gibsons movies so i knew to expect that,i'm also a bit of a softie that way so no Saw movies for me that's for sure.
Besides that, i thought it was beautiful made and i loved how the mayans looked,it's a great movie to watch in the cinema.So if you don't have a problem with blood or subtitles i would recommend this movie too.

Offline Sommerkind

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 06:02:06 PM »
I really loved Children of Men when I watched it. It's kind of very much in your face with Christian symbolism, but I think the movie less so than the book it was based on. But Cliven Owen is always a treat, I think, and has some really funny scenes along with Julianne Moore in this movie. And the special effects in this movie are just really cool, sometimes very subtle. And I thought the very ending was just beautiful. But I'm not gonna give away what it was.