Author Topic: Audioand / or video freeware ripper advice wanted  (Read 1236 times)

Offline cfmwh

  • Six for Gold
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1222
Audioand / or video freeware ripper advice wanted
« on: June 17, 2009, 10:02:13 PM »
I'm sure someone has covered this somewhere on CT already, but buggered if I can find it!

Went to the Isle of Wight Festival last weekend and now want to grab some audio from the website of the radio station that was covering it.
Also want to grab 6 one hour shows on ITV2 website that were presumably  transmitted while I was making a fool of myself at the gig!

Can anyone suggest a freeware package that might help me with one or both projects? Best make it simple for a computer retard like me!

(Kev.....think it was you that suggested an audio ripper to me a while ago.....couldn't use it as it kept conflicting with my anti-virus software)

All help gratefully received.....cheers.

Offline Nicolas

  • The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1732
Audioand / or video freeware ripper advice wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:34:50 PM »
if you are using firefox, you could install FlashGot extension. It works like a charm and lets you rip videos and audio from almost any site.

1-Download it by clicking here.

2-Restart firefox.

3-go to the website and play the audio/video content.

4- a little icon will sart flashing in the status bar.

5-click that icon and hit download.

Offline Johnniebhoy

  • Two for Mirth
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 247
Audioand / or video freeware ripper advice wanted
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:37:02 PM »
Quote from: cfmwh;33974
I'm sure someone has covered this somewhere on CT already, but buggered if I can find it!

Went to the Isle of Wight Festival last weekend and now want to grab some audio from the website of the radio station that was covering it.
Also want to grab 6 one hour shows on ITV2 website that were presumably  transmitted while I was making a fool of myself at the gig!

Can anyone suggest a freeware package that might help me with one or both projects? Best make it simple for a computer retard like me!

(Kev.....think it was you that suggested an audio ripper to me a while ago.....couldn't use it as it kept conflicting with my anti-virus software)

All help gratefully received.....cheers.


 If you want the 6 tv shows in decent quality, they are available for download from this site...

 thebox.bz

 It's a site that specializes in the best of British tv over the years.

Offline cfmwh

  • Six for Gold
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1222
Audioand / or video freeware ripper advice wanted
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »
Quote from: Johnniebhoy;33976
If you want the 6 tv shows in decent quality, they are available for download from this site...

 thebox.bz

 It's a site that specializes in the best of British tv over the years.


Awesome mate....thanks for that. Will check it out tonight.

Offline cfmwh

  • Six for Gold
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1222
Audioand / or video freeware ripper advice wanted
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 08:45:35 AM »
Quote from: Nicolas;33975
if you are using firefox, you could install FlashGot extension. It works like a charm and lets you rip videos and audio from almost any site.

1-Download it by clicking here.

2-Restart firefox.

3-go to the website and play the audio/video content.

4- a little icon will sart flashing in the status bar.

5-click that icon and hit download.


Cheers Nic.....that looks just the sort of thing I need.
Many thanks.

 

anything