Author Topic: Ultimate goodnight elisabeth...  (Read 7761 times)

Offline Vetrianno

• One for Sorrow
Ultimate goodnight elisabeth...
« on: June 21, 2009, 01:59:25 PM »
Having been around this fantastic site for maybe a year or so now, enoying it's pleasures, and occasionally contributing in what little way I can, something constantly comes to mind... is there any chance of someone compiling an " Ultimate Elisabeth" compilation?, similar to the excellent " Round Here" one...

Personally, I just love the New Amsterdam version more than any other that I have had the aural pleasure of hearing, that said, I fully understand that version would be inadmiisable as it's from an official release, is there a bootleg around with the very same version but from a different concert that has the same feel?.

I also love the Pinkpop 2003 version, it's got a totally different feel/vibe but its just as good as the fore mentioned . of the recent stuff I also rate the version from Glasgow on the this years tiur very highly too, that said, every time I hear it it gives me goosebumps , in whatever I hear...

Any thoughts, input and indeed recommendations for stuff to look out for would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

Offline Judith

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »
Oh I'd love that too :D

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 02:40:17 PM »
i also like it when it makes an appearance as a "alt" in other songs , perhaps they should also be included in possibles to add a little variety to any compilation .

i suggest John spends all day listening to his live Crows collection ( just the GNE tracks ) and see what he can come up with , afteral its his idea why should we do all the hard work ;)
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline Judith

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 02:47:10 PM »
Quote from: yidosengland;34068
i also like it when it makes an appearance as a "alt" in other songs , perhaps they should also be included in possibles to add a little variety to any compilation .

i suggest John spends all day listening to his live Crows collection ( just the GNE tracks ) and see what he can come up with , afteral its his idea why should we do all the hard work ;)

Yeah I love it as alts too :)

Well I'd help but I don't have that many versions of it

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 03:25:25 PM »
My absolute favorite is from Warfield 12-13-03 with the black sun alt,you can wake me up in the middle of the night for that one :D

Offline Vetrianno

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 03:38:45 PM »
Quote from: yidosengland;34068

You can count me in on the alts idea for sure! that was actually one of my aim but I probably didn't put it across very well. :rolleyes:
As for looking through my collection, to be honest, I am only just getting around to converting them, and hopefully sharing some of it too... realistically I don't wanna have to wait until I have had time to convert everything before we can get this compilation together, that said, it is one of your better ideas Andy...:yeah:

Offline Vetrianno

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
Quote from: dutchieblue;34070
My absolute favorite is from Warfield 12-13-03 with the black sun alt,you can wake me up in the middle of the night for that one :D

You guys got me going now!!!:chuckle:
I just pulled the warfields one out of my unconverted collection and I have to confess that I never heard it before... :confused: What a version too!!, this is exactly what I was hoping to do, get people discussing the different versions/Alts, then we can seek 'em out and test drive them too.

Thanks dutchie for giving me the heads up on a great one.. :chuckle:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:00:15 PM by Vetrianno »

Offline Judith

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 03:56:58 PM »
Quote from: Vetrianno;34074
You can count me in on the alts idea for sure! that was actually one of my aim but I probably didn't put it across very well. :rolleyes:
As for looking through my collection, to be honest, I am only just getting around to converting them, and hopefully sharing some of it too... realistically I don't wanna have to wait until I have had time to convert everything before we can get this compilation together, that said, it is one of your better ideas Andy...:yeah:

Well I'm happy to share what I've got downloaded, I'll get what I've got together and send them to you, I've not got many versions though

Offline Vetrianno

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 04:01:02 PM »
Quote from: Judith;34076
Well I'm happy to share what I've got downloaded, I'll get what I've got together and send them to you, I've not got many versions though

you have a private message... :rolleyes:

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »
how about :
Astoria London 12 June 2002 ( Murder of one alts )
Manchester Apollo 20 or 21 Feb 2004 not sure which may have been played both nights
Hammersmith Apollo 23 Feb 2004
Birmingham NEC 21 Jan 2003
Sheffield 22 Jan 2003
Disney Concert Hall 25 Oct 2005 great version but will not be allowed !
and Rain king with GNE alts from Nottingham 29th May 2009

and by some strange coincidence these were all recorded and i went to them all

Offline Judith

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 04:11:21 PM »
Quote from: yidosengland;34078
how about :
Astoria London 12 June 2002 ( Murder of one alts )
Manchester Apollo 20 or 21 Feb 2004 not sure which may have been played both nights
Hammersmith Apollo 23 Feb 2004
Birmingham NEC 21 Jan 2003
Sheffield 22 Jan 2003
Disney Concert Hall 25 Oct 2005 great version but will not be allowed !
and Rain king with GNE alts from Nottingham 29th May 2009

and by some strange coincidence these were all recorded and i went to them all

I think thats a great start Andy :)

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »
and i am still waiting for a recording from the Ball Park show from Frederick MD to turn up( including fight break ) , one of my favourites , no long alts this time round other than Adam stopping the song to calm down some pushing down front

Offline Judith

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 04:13:09 PM »
Quote from: yidosengland;34080
and i am still waiting for a recording from the Ball Park show from Frederick MD to turn up( including fight break ) , one of my favourites , no long alts this time round other than Adam stopping the song to calm down some pushing down front

Thats funny :)

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »
so as its Fathers Day and all my children have decided the best way to show how much they love me is to spend no time at all with me :D i have the house to myself ! so i have found a few old bootlegs and the Manchester Apollo show from 20 Feb 2004 included Goodnight Elizabeth with alts from the never played before Shrek song and also has a great story about the recording at the end of the track .... so we must have been the first people to ever hear Accidentally in Love and i never realised .

Offline Judith

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 04:44:38 PM »
Quote from: yidosengland;34082
so as its Fathers Day and all my children have decided the best way to show how much they love me is to spend no time at all with me :D i have the house to myself ! so i have found a few old bootlegs and the Manchester Apollo show from 20 Feb 2004 included Goodnight Elizabeth with alts from the never played before Shrek song and also has a great story about the recording at the end of the track .... so we must have been the first people to ever hear Accidentally in Love and i never realised .

Sounds like a great fathers day present to me Andy :)

anything