Author Topic: Getting pissed off at the digital age !  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
Getting pissed off at the digital age !
« on: October 25, 2009, 10:38:40 AM »
My CD player has given up the ghost, as its part of a mini system, I thought of upgrading and getting seperates this time around. I want to be able play CDs, vinyl, cassettes and have radio too, seems its too old fashioned now non of the major brands and stores stock the lot these days, CD players are easily available the rest are few and far between and normally top of the range OK I want something half decent but a grand for just one component is a bit too much.

Mini/Micro systems are readily available even with tape deck but non of them will support plugging in my turntable its all f@@king ipod docking yeah I own a MP3 player but I use for when I'm away from home when I'm home I want to play a CD a record a tape !!!!!!!!!!

Totally pissed off Rant
:angry::angry::angry::angry::veryangry:
...And My Minds In A State!

Online dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 03:28:16 PM »
I hear ya,last time i had to buy a new one it took me a while to find one with everything i wanted including cassettes and turntable.I asume it's even worse now but from what i hear more and more artist are releasing their albums on vinyl so you would think
turntables wouldn't be a problem.I thought Johan was the only one still listening to old cassettes :D

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:41:59 PM »
I have some stuff also on tape and some old classic's sound better on vinyl and tape, I got mine from Richer Sounds
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Etkar

• Guitar Hero wannabe
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »
there r turmtables out there that have an usb port.
So, ur pc will b the centerpiece.
Play cd/dvd/mp3/vynil......what more could 1 wish for?
ed

Keep ur head cool and ur feet warm.

Offline Etkar

• Guitar Hero wannabe
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:29:34 PM »
btw, cassette tapes, vinyll......im a lazy guy so cds have been the way 4 me.
ed

Keep ur head cool and ur feet warm.

Online dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 09:20:09 AM »
I would not want my PC to be the centerpiece.The mini system i have (philips FW C330)has everything i want.I can listen to the radio,play CD's it has a double cassette deck and i can plug in my turntable.

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:23 PM »
I have a Philips Wac 7000

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:03:37 PM by ossobear »
Crows Town Moderator

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:22:53 PM »
as a fellow old timer who still plays both tapes and vinyl i would have thought you would have come straight to me ;)

just to safe guard myself to future changes and my system breaking down i bought two DENON DM33 units , one new from the wonderful store that used to be Empire Direct and the other which was slightly worse for ware but great value ex display from Comet .

http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_main.php?main=prod&MID=3&sub=3&fill=1&action=detail&Pid=223&

its basically a very good sounding cd player with built in amp and radio , the newer model was the DM35 which was basically the same with DAB digital radio function as well .

both these models are recently discontinued but you can still find them if you search the net or even certain stores still have a few in stock , Richer Sounds or Superfi may have one or two if you phone the stores , even Comet , Dixons and Currys may sell them.

the reason i recommend this model is that its the last one that you could buy a matching cassette deck for , this may be harder to find , i got mine for £50 on ebay it works and looks fine , and my turntable just plugs into the back .

most of the Denon DM ranges even the older ones such as the DM30 or DM31 have matching tape decks but you would have to take a chance on second hand ones for those two models.

the DM30 DM31 and DM33 all had good reviews for quality systems without paying a fortune .
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 08:38:33 PM »
Thanks for your input Andy, I did check out the local comet, curry's etc last weekend they had nothing suitable so i'm going for seperates, Already bought a cassette deck It should get delivered tommorrow, if time I will pick up CD player & amp from a local independant dealer which I looked at last week so will only need a tuner.
...And My Minds In A State!