Author Topic: Attention Everyone!!  (Read 18199 times)

Offline Nicolas

• The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 04:07:16 PM »
whatever happens, thanks to all the wonderful CT team and especially you, Simon. I cant believe this is happening.

Offline napper

• Irish Bastard
  • Administrator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I just want to say that I am very sadden to have to of made this decision.  It was long thought out and was not something that was posted on a whim.  Let me assure you, it is not a financial reasoning.  This is a time and energy issue.  All of us have devoted countless hours into building these sites and ultimately this entire network.  

I wish I could express how saddened I am inside to have to of come to this conclusion.  I would rather leave on a high note than let something that I cannot tend do die from neglect on my part.

I love everything about these sites, especially our users.  Without you all of this would have not been worthwhile.  My love and commitment to the live music community is without limit. I truely hope that everyeone continues to share the in the love of the music.  

It will be a dim day in my life when I hit the "power" button.  An important chapter of my life will have come to a close but not without a final paragraph devoted to each and every one of you.  It has been a fun ride.
Travis
Counting Crows Live Radio DJ
For Radio Request, please PM me and I will get it in the queue!

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 06:08:27 PM »
It seems the problems here, is finding someone with the technological knowledge and time to devout to the site, I'm sure the second part of the problem can be sorted between a few of us, maybe a consortium of some sort?
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 08:26:47 PM »
Agreed, Graham. There's a lot of us willing to pool our energy together to do organizational work. The key is finding someone who has the know how regarding the technological aspects.

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 08:47:17 PM »
Im in on the consortium of some sort?

I'm happy to put in the time and energy to keep this going as many of us are, If we need to move it to a new server to keep it running. We will all need to get together on this I feel, I think it would be a shame to let this die.

I'm just looking in to getting a server to move the site to as I know a guy who runs a hosting network, (fingers Crossed)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 09:02:03 PM »
See, that's the sort of knowledge that's useful. Thanks Osso.

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »
Having talked to the guy I will need to Pay for Server Hosting and the Domain name and the Price for the transfer also this I am happy to do and will need to know the traffic and the amount of data access needed.
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Judith

Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 09:26:38 PM »
Quote from: ossobear;37768
Having talked to the guy I will need to Pay for Server Hosting and the Domain name and the Price for the transfer also this I am happy to do and will need to know the traffic and the amount of data access needed.

That's good Osso. I'm willing to help with any costs

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 09:28:29 PM »
Quote from: Judith;37769
That's good Osso. I'm willing to help with any costs

Awesome news Just going to find out how much bandwith we need to keep the server running ;)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »
Quote from: ossobear;37768

Thats great Bob, I'm willing to help with the finances and sure more will offer to chip in also
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline hgrunwell

• Technical Support
  • Administrator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 10:17:49 PM »
Hey guys, I am more than willing to help with the initial setup and transfer if need be. Unfortunately I can't assist with on-demand support but more general (non-pressing) problems that have a few days would be more appropriate.

Hal

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 10:18:50 PM »
Its all about keeping it alive, Fingers crossed
Crows Town Moderator

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 10:23:13 PM »
Quote from: hgrunwell;37772
Hey guys, I am more than willing to help with the initial setup and transfer if need be. Unfortunately I can't assist with on-demand support but more general (non-pressing) problems that have a few days would be more appropriate.

Hal

Thats good news, any help would be awesome I'm sure looks like we have a lot to learn in a short amount of time, but lets hope it all goes well and people are happy the site still lives :)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline napper

• Irish Bastard
  • Administrator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 10:45:58 PM »
The server would require no more than 500GB / monthly bandwidth.

This is actually more than the server would probably ever use and am basing it on an estimate. In reality it would probably only use 150-250GB / month.
Travis
Counting Crows Live Radio DJ
For Radio Request, please PM me and I will get it in the queue!

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 12:08:43 AM »
I'm of course happy to chip in for costs, esp any startup costs...
D.A.H
19.08.09 - 30.01.12