Author Topic: Attention Everyone!!  (Read 19223 times)

Offline flips

• Five for Silver
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 12:34:22 AM »
I'm useless with all things technical, but I can help with costs...and silly pictures! :D
I like soap bubbles.

My books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/flips

Offline Kasper

• waking and dreaming
    • http://www.myspace.com/kasperkristjansson
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 12:36:29 AM »
First of all, thanks to those of you who kept this great community running with your time and effort - and your wonderful personalities. I really hope we can make this switch or change or whatever it is happen. I have limited computer know-how. Especially when it comes to web pages so I can't really help with that. However, when it comes to money, I will give what I can as well.

<3
Whatever happens...
"...We\'ll still come around" ;)

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 01:03:18 AM »
April 1st? This better not be some April Fools joke..
hahahaha

but somebody please help. I understand adam's been notified via twitter by some people. we gotta keep this site alive!

Offline Javi

• Administrator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 02:18:56 AM »
Bob, I could help you with the some of the technical issues, if you need help. I run a personal website on a shared hosting service. I am just like you though, administering a tracker and server on the root level would be new to me.
Javier
Crows Town Moderator

Offline allmyfriends77

• Two for Mirth
  • "Such a life, Such a life...."
    • http://db.etree.org/allmyfriends25
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 04:55:39 AM »
I see the wheels in motion here. I hope someone or some people can take this over. I wish I knew how to run one of these sites, but I would be useless. Thanks to everyone who has been involved. I don't know what I would do without this site. Seriously. Thanks!!
"that is why i put on the guitars and take that breath and before ever song, quietly say to myself, “this is a gift for others- let go- imagine you are in the nose-bleeds- sing for them- give everything” - Ryan Adams

Offline Nicolas

• The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 05:22:11 AM »
Thanks so much osso. I don't know much about servers but I'd love to help if needed. dont hesitate to ask, my email is acade365@hotmail.com.

This site is one of the main reasons cc have become my favorite band and it would really sadden me to see it go away.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 09:54:38 AM »
Big thanks Osso,i'm no help when it comes to technical stuff but of course i'm willing to chip in.

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 09:56:50 AM »
Nice to see that someone took action so this site stays alive... :)

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 02:14:18 PM »
I have talked to a few people about keeping this site, I'm awash with all you guys who want to keep this site alive, If we do keep this going then I feel that we as a group should keep it alive after all, it is all of us who made it what this is now. I will be more than happy to set up a Co-op of guys to run this site, as we all have a little time to keep up with each other, and It wont just be down to One Idea I would love to keep it as is also, Javi and Papa' Crow and everyone else We Will need youre help :)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 06:06:29 PM »
Quote from: ossobear;37787
and It wont just be down to One Idea I would love to keep it as is also, Javi and Papa' Crow and everyone else We Will need youre help :)

Osso,

I will still visit the site however I don't want Administration or Mod privileges. It's not that I don't want to help or anything but I want that the site gets taken care of by new people. This will bring new ideas, motivation and so on... If I am mistaken then we will see but as I said before atm I have other priorities and the band is on break.

Offline cfmwh

• Six for Gold
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »
Sad times. Been away from here a lot recently.....just sooooo busy at work and at home.
Grab a few minutes to check out what's new and find that some serious sh1t's going down.

Simon, much applause and massive thanks for all you've done here; also to Hal and all the others 'behind the scenes' that have kept this place going.

Bob.......if you think you can do something and need donations, don't hesitate to ask. I'll try and hack into Rob's bank account in Melbourne.

If you need technical help, well, with our expertise I guess Andy and I are the obvious candidates(!). We'll bail you out when the going gets tough.

In short, I think there's enough interest to keep this site running.
It just needs a / some dedicated person / people with the time and knowhow.
(It'd be good to know what the official site think and can they help in anyway.)

Offline chris

• Administrator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 12:51:35 AM »
Hi all, I haven't been around for a while but certainly not with the intention never to return. My love for Counting Crows is still alive (it's hard to imagine it'll ever die), it's the lack of time what causes my absence here at CT. I'm afraid this won't change in the near future, too many other things ask full attention. Nevertheless it has never been my plan to turn my back to Crows Town and it never will be, I just can't be as active as in the past. That's why I never had to chance to redesign the CT theme, for more than a year I've tried to fit it into my schedule but sadly it was impossible.
With my own situation in mind, I understand perfectly well that Simon, Travis and Hal are no longer able to continue their hard work for the community. At the same time it's very sad and a great loss if this means the end of Crows Town. I truly hope a solution will turn up...

Yesterday Simon informed me about CT going down, immediately made my way over here and started writing the above. I couldn't finish the post till now and happily a lot has changed since yesterday. Sooo good to read people are willing to take over. There's still a lot of things to sort out but it's a great start Bob has probably found a new server (Thanks Osso). It's obvious nobody wants CT to die this way, I hope more people will contribute to replace the old crew. I wish I could offer more help, unfortunately I can't. Well, this may change over time.

For now, hoping for some response from the official / Adam. A collaboration won't be a bad thing.

Offline Vetrianno

• One for Sorrow
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2010, 12:12:27 PM »
Quote from: Graham;37771
Thats great Bob, I'm willing to help with the finances and sure more will offer to chip in also

Me too!, as I hope many others who have benefittted in the past will!

Offline kevtic

• Meep meep
  • Global Moderator
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2010, 12:28:55 PM »
I've been a less than frequent visitor recently after my son arrived 4 months ago and just saw this thread.

the thread started out with bad news but might just have a happy ending.

Simon - you've done an awesome job with CT.  Every band should have a site just like this.  I help moderate a Celtic football fan forum (Kerrydale street if anyone's interested) and most people just don't realise how much of your spare time it does take up.  I wouldn't be too hasty in hanging up your mod boots though.  Take a hands off approach but you have the experience to pass on to others.

Anyway you should take great pride in what you have set up here.

I was completely unaware of the other people's involvement like Hal, Travis and others.  to all of you thanks for donating the time/effort and blood sweat and tears.

hopefully osso can pull things together and keep things going.  I'm happy to offer any help I can, be it donation towards costs or other duties.  Fingers crossedCT lives on.

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
Attention Everyone!!
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2010, 03:50:58 PM »
if Bob is to be put forward as our saviour and i cannot think of anybody more technically gifted amongst us ( and that includes you Geoff ) i will gladly offer my services in anyway i can
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

anything