Author Topic: The return  (Read 5370 times)

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
The return
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
Good job mate...

Since the server is new and i don't have access you might wanna removed the snow thing and restart the tracker.

Someone should write at the official that we are back and post the new link so they would know... Also those who still have contacts with the day to day members, such as rob, geoff etc etc please let them know...

Thanks

Offline Judith

The return
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 02:01:17 PM »
Quote from: Simon;38185
Good job mate...

Since the server is new and i don't have access you might wanna removed the snow thing and restart the tracker.

Someone should write at the official that we are back and post the new link so they would know... Also those who still have contacts with the day to day members, such as rob, geoff etc etc please let them know...

Thanks

What get rid of the snow :( Well I guess it is nearly summer. Just don't get rid of the ghosts

I've emailed Geoff, don't know Rob's address though, so if someone can do that.

Offline cfmwh

• Six for Gold
The return
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 02:23:54 PM »
Spooky! Been away from here for a while and not been checking on developments. Finally tried logging in yesterday and found no site!
Figured that the plug had finally been pulled.
Just received Judith's email (Thanks Judith!).
Will pass the info on to Rob now.
Welcome back everyone and massive amounts of applause to those that have been working hard to keep the old place going!

We're not worthy!

:amen:

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
The return
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »
The official site went down together with this one so their messageboard is not up yet,only tourdates but as soon as it is we will post a link.
I was just wondering if it's possible to send a general PM to all members at the same time,i asume most people get a notification in their email if they receive a Personal Message from here.

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
The return
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 05:02:21 PM »
Thanks Oshyan for all you hard work to get this site back up and runnning, glad to be back
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
The return
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 05:04:15 PM »
Feels really good to be back.

Offline Judith

The return
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 06:00:41 PM »
Quote from: dutchieblue;38188
The official site went down together with this one so their messageboard is not up yet,only tourdates but as soon as it is we will post a link.
I was just wondering if it's possible to send a general PM to all members at the same time,i asume most people get a notification in their email if they receive a Personal Message from here.

Well I've gone through the members list and emailed most people.

Offline Judith

The return
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 06:03:45 PM »
Quote from: cmigs;38190
Feels really good to be back.

Very good to be back :)

Oshyan you will have to let us know what we owe you for server costs etc and then we can sort that out

Many thanks again :thankyou:

Offline JavaJones

• One for Sorrow
  • Administrator
The return
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »
Thanks folks, glad to see things seem to be working fairly well. No worries about the server cost, I had the server anyway, and unless the site starts to be a drain it won't cost me anything extra. If it does become a resource issue I may need to ask for help on the upgrade cost, but let's cross that bridge *if* we come to it.

Simon, I do plan to remove the snow. ;) The tracker should have already been restarted, but I'm not super familiar with that aspect of the site yet so it may still need some tweaking.

I do have the option to PM all site members. Do you guys think it's necessary?

- Oshyan

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
The return
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 07:01:53 AM »
great work oshyan - we are indebted to you.

as a show of thanks, everyone should pull out a show and seed it!
D.A.H
19.08.09 - 30.01.12

Offline Graham

The return
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 05:10:22 PM »
There is no activity on the tracker, could this be because the announce has now been changed with crowstown now hyphonated, if this is the case all torrents seeded here in the past are now void, again if this is so wouldn't it be better to delete all previous audio/video torrent threads and start again

Offline Graham

The return
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »
Quote from: JavaJones;38194
Thanks folks, glad to see things seem to be working fairly well. No worries about the server cost, I had the server anyway, and unless the site starts to be a drain it won't cost me anything extra. If it does become a resource issue I may need to ask for help on the upgrade cost, but let's cross that bridge *if* we come to it.

Simon, I do plan to remove the snow. ;) The tracker should have already been restarted, but I'm not super familiar with that aspect of the site yet so it may still need some tweaking.

I do have the option to PM all site members. Do you guys think it's necessary?

- Oshyan

There is no activity on the tracker, could this be because the announce has now been changed with crowstown now hyphonated, if this is the case all torrents seeded here in the past are now void, again if this is so wouldn't it be better to delete all previous audio/video torrent threads and start again

Im not sure sending a PM to all is necsessary also I don't think you get an email sent if you do receive PM's sent from here anyway, The return has been announced on facebook & proboards, also I will email the all members of proboards who haven't yet made a appearence back here

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
The return
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 07:34:35 PM »
Quote from: Graham;38200

Im not sure sending a PM to all is necsessary also I don't think you get an email sent if you do receive PM's sent from here anyway, The return has been announced on facebook & proboards, also I will email the all members of proboards who haven't yet made a appearence back here

it probably does make sende to delete the lot and start again
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline JavaJones

• One for Sorrow
  • Administrator
The return
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 08:12:28 PM »
Quote from: yidosengland;38201
it probably does make sende to delete the lot and start again

I was hoping to avoid having to do this. I'm not crystal clear on how the torrents work as far as tracker URLs and whatnot, but I did make sure I went through the whole database and removed any references to crowstown.com, replacing them with crows-town.com. My read on this then is that any previously downloaded torrents that people have probably point to crowstown.com, while any *newly* downloaded torrent files (even of the same actual torrent, just newly downloaded from here) should add the crows-town tracker. The reason I say this is because I tried adding several torrents from here and got successful connection to the crows-town.com tracker, but of course no seeds or peers.

Anyway, with that in mind, maybe everyone can just re-download any torrents they have, and it will add the appropriate tracker? Or just manually add http://crows-town.com:2998 to their tracker lists for those torrents they're trying to seed.

I'm also still hoping to get crowstown.com eventually. It's expiring in a few days and I should be able to just re-register it and then point it here. If that works, then I can probably get all the torrents going again even without people re-downloading. And maybe I can just redo the whole site to point at crowstown.com again, without the dash. Although that sounds like a bit of a pain. ;)

Either way I'm going to wait a little while before taking any drastic action like removing all torrents. Anyone interested in getting the torrents going again should try the above options, re-download a torrent you can seed (it should just detect all files as present, hash them, and add the new tracker), or just manually add http://crows-town.com:2998 as a tracker.

- Oshyan

Offline Nicolas

• The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
The return
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »
Yay! site is back up! thanks for your hard work oshyan ;)