Author Topic: The return  (Read 5465 times)

Offline kevtic

• Meep meep
  • Global Moderator
The return
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 01:31:57 AM »
awesome.  

A great debt of gratitude to Oshyan

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
The return
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 05:18:05 PM »
Quote from: JavaJones;38202
I was hoping to avoid having to do this. I'm not crystal clear on how the torrents work as far as tracker URLs and whatnot, but I did make sure I went through the whole database and removed any references to crowstown.com, replacing them with crows-town.com. My read on this then is that any previously downloaded torrents that people have probably point to crowstown.com, while any *newly* downloaded torrent files (even of the same actual torrent, just newly downloaded from here) should add the crows-town tracker. The reason I say this is because I tried adding several torrents from here and got successful connection to the crows-town.com tracker, but of course no seeds or peers.

Anyway, with that in mind, maybe everyone can just re-download any torrents they have, and it will add the appropriate tracker? Or just manually add http://crows-town.com:2998 to their tracker lists for those torrents they're trying to seed.

I'm also still hoping to get crowstown.com eventually. It's expiring in a few days and I should be able to just re-register it and then point it here. If that works, then I can probably get all the torrents going again even without people re-downloading. And maybe I can just redo the whole site to point at crowstown.com again, without the dash. Although that sounds like a bit of a pain. ;)

Either way I'm going to wait a little while before taking any drastic action like removing all torrents. Anyone interested in getting the torrents going again should try the above options, re-download a torrent you can seed (it should just detect all files as present, hash them, and add the new tracker), or just manually add http://crows-town.com:2998 as a tracker.

- Oshyan

Once the torrents are redownloaded the tracker seems to be ok anyway its not showing errors, although I've noticed its stills shows on the peerlist seeders from the old announce although they are no longer connected?
anyway I will test it out over this weekend with something new.

OK removing all torrents may be a little drastic but I do think a cull on some of the older torrents is necessary, I do have a few ideas which I will pm you with when I have more time
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline tigger165

• Three for a Wedding
The return
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2010, 02:21:31 PM »
Thanks for all of your hard work in getting this place back. Now that this place is up and running the proboards have been deleted. Thanks to everyone who kept things going during the transition.

Offline Judith

The return
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2010, 02:26:37 PM »
Quote from: tigger165;38238
Thanks for all of your hard work in getting this place back. Now that this place is up and running the proboards have been deleted. Thanks to everyone who kept things going during the transition.

Thank you for your hard work in setting up the proboard, it was a great way to keep us all together. Many thanks :thankyou:

Offline Etkar

• Guitar Hero wannabe
The return
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 12:19:33 PM »
ahhhh...feelis like being home again!
ed

Keep ur head cool and ur feet warm.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
The return
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 01:07:16 PM »
It's good to see we have a new member so we know people are finding us again.
Does anyone know when the new official site will be back up ?

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
The return
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 01:02:16 AM »
no word on the official as yet...
D.A.H
19.08.09 - 30.01.12

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
The return
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 08:14:12 AM »
Quote from: acwk;38252
no word on the official as yet...

Thanks,they sure are taking their time,i'm just glad this place is back again.

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
The return
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 09:02:40 PM »
Awesome news, Thanks for all your work Buddy, Glad it all back up and running  :)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
The return
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »
I will help in Seeding all I can :)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Judith

The return
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »
Quote from: ossobear;38351
I will help in Seeding all I can :)

Nice to see you back Osso :)

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
The return
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 10:40:09 PM »
Quote from: Judith;38362
Nice to see you back Osso :)

Its nice to be back... missed you guys ;(
Crows Town Moderator

Offline atrain

• One for Sorrow
The return
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 08:46:31 AM »
Thanks for the work you put into getting this back up!   I was out of town and missed the warning that the old site was going down.  

Crows fans are some of the best!

anything