Author Topic: Where did everybody go ??????  (Read 10985 times)

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
Where did everybody go ??????
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »
So after all the hard work to keep this site open , everybody seems to have vanished , what happened to the great community and friendships we built over the last few years , surely somebody has something to say ?

I know we all came here due to our love of the Crows music and live shows and with no new album or tour to look forward to at the moment things are quiet on that front but surely theres more to this group of people than just following the Counting Crows .
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 04:24:58 PM »
Yesterday i was thinking about the same thing.A lot of regulars are missing and the onces that are still here don't post much anymore.
I hope i'm wrong but when i talk to people i get the feeling a lot of people have lost their patience with this band and have moved on.

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 05:17:09 PM »
i think we lost patience with the band or should i say Adams broken promises about ten years ago , so i dont think thats the reason , it just looks like people still come here but dont post unless somebody has first , thought i would try and kick start the place back into life
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:19:37 PM by yidosengland »

Offline flips

• Five for Silver
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »
Follow me on Twitter! Just kidding! ;)

I still pop in to see if anyone has posted something, but it seems like a lot of people don't come here anymore at all now. I guess we're all afraid of starting a thread, only to be humiliated by getting no replies. That can really get to you you know, 0 replies, read 57 times - oh no they all think I'm an idiot! :D

It was easier when the shoutbox was there, you could just post something completely random, it takes a bit more to start a discussion thread.
I like soap bubbles.

My books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/flips

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
I wouldn't say I've moved on from the band, just that it's sad to see them not engage their audience in a productive way when it's so easy now, and we know how much they have in the vault.

I think the bigger issue is - is the torrent server working? I think we could get things going if we, say, picked a tour and each took turns uploading shows from it. I know I have a lot of shows but also a lot of gaps to fill, and that's probably the case for a lot of you too. Plus it might be fun to think back to a time when the Crows, like, toured regularly.

Offline Tim77

• How does this work?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »
Maybe it would help to get some new blood in here. I dont know how anyone would find the place unless they google crowstown. It should be prominent if you google counting crows bootlegs or torrents.

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 12:21:05 AM »
i'm still here, but it has certtainly been quiet. i'm definitely still up for some downloads too - still endeavouring to complete my RTS and TDL catalogue...

Offline allmyfriends77

• Two for Mirth
  • "Such a life, Such a life...."
    • http://db.etree.org/allmyfriends25
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 01:05:25 AM »
I'm definitely here. I guess there just hasn't been much to say lately and nothing really new to download. I hope they can get together and pull out a great new album and then tour extensively, by themselves. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
"that is why i put on the guitars and take that breath and before ever song, quietly say to myself, “this is a gift for others- let go- imagine you are in the nose-bleeds- sing for them- give everything” - Ryan Adams

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 02:48:51 AM »
yup - i've gotta say, the travelling circus shows really don't interest me whatsoever. i don't think i've listened to more than 1 or 2 of the downloads of them. all a bit too "variety show TV" for me. but, that's just me, and i'm sure i am missing out on some gems.

otherwise, my life is very busy at the moment. i am at this very moment, sittig at home writing a job application for a promotion at work - stressful times.

Offline checker806

• The light goes out...
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 03:01:06 AM »
Hey guys, Im still around too.  We just had our first child, so Ive been pretty busy.  I still pop in to catch up, but doesnt seem like much is going on.  I hope the band comes up with something soon...
Did you think that you were dreamin...I said "no"
Did you think that you were dreamin...I said "no"
I didnt think that I was dreamin...Sometimes I dont know...

Houston, TX 9-7-06 "Round Here" alts...

Offline Nicolas

• The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 05:06:29 AM »
Quote from: acwk;39293
yup - i've gotta say, the travelling circus shows really don't interest me whatsoever. i don't think i've listened to more than 1 or 2 of the downloads of them. all a bit too "variety show TV" for me. but, that's just me, and i'm sure i am missing out on some gems.

I agree; furthermore, I think the setlists got really repetitive and I'm not too fond of the other bands...

I hope they release something (Town Hall DVD, perhaps) in coming months to help this site to get back to the golden days. O

Quote from: checker806;39294
Hey guys, Im still around too.  We just had our first child, so Ive been pretty busy.  I still pop in to catch up, but doesnt seem like much is going on.  I hope the band comes up with something soon...

it's great to hear that, man! congratulations to both you and your wife!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:08:59 AM by Nicolas »

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 06:48:48 AM »
I'm a dissenting voice (to an extent) on the Traveling Circus shows, but I've written ad nauseam about them here. I also think it's unfortunate that they didn't bring it outside the U.S. - I think you might have a better appreciation for them if you'd gotten to see one live and feel the energy. Don't think the bootlegs quite did them justice.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »
I agree the old shoutbox was great for the day to day chit chat and all the little stuff you don't want to make a thread for.I've asked if we could have it back but i have no idea if Oshyan is still around.
Since i don't do torrents i also have no idea if the tracker is working properly again however it's a shame when people come here asking for a show and they sometimes don't even get a reply.
I also think this place is not as dead as it seems,if you look at the views there are plenty of people that come here to read, they just don't post.It looks like we're also still getting new members.
Whenever i put up a show there is often no response but i can see there are usually 10 to 20 people who download it so that still makes it worth it to me.
Checker congrats,Rob good luck on your promotion and Flips we would never think you're an idiot ;)  actually this place could use more of your funny stuff.

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »
Quote from: checker806;39294

congratulations on the baby , my first born will be 18 on Monday :yeah: the years sure do fly by

Offline john52il

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 04:07:16 PM »
Quote from: cmigs;39288
I wouldn't say I've moved on from the band, just that it's sad to see them not engage their audience in a productive way when it's so easy now, and we know how much they have in the vault.

I feel the same as Chris these days, I am a little tired of hearing the same songs and nothing new coming down the pike.  The way the band doesn't open the vault is pretty annoying too.  Without naming names, someone needs to get over the fact that he won't look perfect on every video, we still love to see the video with the audio on occasion.  

Also, on a personal, possibly TMI note, in August I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  I had my prostate removed two weeks ago and am recovering and cancer free now.  Guys, get your PSA checked!  

I'll try to post some of the requests I've seen one day soon.
I need a raincoat \'cause I am the Rain King.

anything