Author Topic: DVD News  (Read 16444 times)

Offline allmyfriends77

• Two for Mirth
  • "Such a life, Such a life...."
    • http://db.etree.org/allmyfriends25
DVD News
« on: December 14, 2010, 08:37:32 AM »
countingcrows: RT @mraul239 Any chance of a CC concert dvd one day? IT'S DONE, IT'S COMING, AND IT'S AWESOME

I cut and pasted this from my Twitter RSS feed through my e-mail. Came down about 18 minutes ago.

I cannot wait to see this. This will be a landmark day for Counting Crows when this comes out.
"that is why i put on the guitars and take that breath and before ever song, quietly say to myself, “this is a gift for others- let go- imagine you are in the nose-bleeds- sing for them- give everything” - Ryan Adams

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
DVD News
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 11:05:02 AM »
Quote from: allmyfriends77;39475
countingcrows: RT @mraul239 Any chance of a CC concert dvd one day? IT'S DONE, IT'S COMING, AND IT'S AWESOME

I cut and pasted this from my Twitter RSS feed through my e-mail. Came down about 18 minutes ago.

I cannot wait to see this. This will be a landmark day for Counting Crows when this comes out.

thanks Bryon. The day this DVD comes out, I also expect to see pigs flying, hell frozen over, and a big bright blue moon!

i'm not saying I won't love it..........

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
DVD News
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »
It's been coming for so long, it's hard to stay excited.

Offline john52il

DVD News
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 09:52:03 PM »
only 3+ years, assuming it's the town hall show.
I need a raincoat \'cause I am the Rain King.

Offline Tim77

• How does this work?
DVD News
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 12:37:26 AM »
didnt he once tweet how this would be a christmas present? Maybe christmas 2011?

Offline Nicolas

• The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
DVD News
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 04:10:50 AM »
IIRC, he did.

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
DVD News
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 09:43:32 AM »
Haha finally! Let's hope he doesn't watch it before the release as he might not like himself and changes his mind! :)

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
DVD News
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 10:21:19 AM »
it seems way too little way too late , sure i will watch it and it will be great for those who attended the show but shouldnt the town hall show have been for sale two years ago
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
DVD News
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:32 PM »
Ive waited so long for this now, I hope they are happy with it also :)
Crows Town Moderator

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
DVD News
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »
It's such a shame that the band has made a habit of releasing stale live CDs/DVDs. Why release New Amsterdam 3 1/2 years after it was recorded? Why sit on this for 3+ years before releasing it? It just dampens buzz for the record. At least this one has an interesting hook with the live August theme. And of course, those of us that were there can tell you that it was an EXCELLENT show, one of those nights when the band was at the peak of their powers. It was a testament to how good this band is live, that they've taken that incredible record and reinvented it live piece by piece. We all should have seen this two years ago.

It'd be cool if they released the whole show, including the second and third sets (SNSM and covers, respectively), although I wonder if clearing all the cover songs for DVD release would be too much cost/effort.

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
DVD News
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 11:46:14 AM »
well they have already missed this years Christmas market , i wouldnt have minded putting it on my list from Santa , i would love to know who is in charge of the Crows marketing machine
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline john52il

DVD News
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 03:09:55 PM »
Quote from: Simon;39481
Haha finally! Let's hope he doesn't watch it before the release as he might not like himself and changes his mind! :)

Well said, Simon!  He looks good enough to appear on TV multiple times after each album is released, but every time the band makes its own video, he looks awful.  :rolleyes:

Offline john52il

DVD News
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 01:50:06 AM »
Raise your hand if you got the Town Hall DVD for Christmas or Hannakuh or some other holiday

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
DVD News
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »
Quote from: john52il;39509
Raise your hand if you got the Town Hall DVD for Christmas or Hannakuh or some other holiday

Nope, but i put it on my wishlist for next year :rolleyes:

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
DVD News
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 02:37:15 AM »
Well guys...
4 years overdue... here it is!!

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Counting-Crows-August-Everything-After/dp/B0055B0MG6]Counting Crows - August And Everything After Live From Town Hall DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV[/ame]

There's also an Amazon UK listing for the Blu-Ray version of it, but its listed under Sheryl Crow. Lol.... cant wait!