Author Topic: Terror attack and shooting in Norway  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Kasper

• waking and dreaming
    • http://www.myspace.com/kasperkristjansson
Terror attack and shooting in Norway
« on: July 23, 2011, 09:48:12 AM »
Yesterday two terrible events took place in Norway.
A terror attack in the Capital Oslo, which killed 7 people and damaged many buildings, and a terrible shooting on the Island Utøya which ended with 84 people killed by a man dressed as a police officer.

My heart and thoughts go to Norway and I pray that Flips and the family are okay.

Mine tanker går til jer i Norge, vort nordiske broderfolk. Det er i sandhed en tragedie, som har rystet os alle.
Whatever happens...
"...We\'ll still come around" ;)

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 12:11:29 PM »
Terrible indeed and scary when you do not really expect it in a country like that.
When i saw the news i also thought of Flips, i hope she and her loved ones are okay.

Offline flips

• Five for Silver
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 12:24:05 PM »
Hello, thank you for your thoughts. I and my family live far away from these terrible events, but I think I can say that the whole country is in complete shock after what has happened. I was almost afraid to turn on the news this morning, and the number of dead is almost unimaginable. We are so few here. Just now there is talk about a possible second gunman out on the island, so things are still unclear.

I'm proud of the way the prime minister and other leading politicians have responded to this attack, not with hateful messages, but promising that we will still be an open, including and democratic country. Can't stop crying. : (
I like soap bubbles.

My books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/flips

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »
I'm so sorry that the world we live in is so violent, also feel sickened that we as humans feel the need to have to result to this. to be able to share in each other lives now, in the world we live in is awesome, you meet such cool people, I was kind of hoping with the on set of global news and the social media we as humans would learn to talk and share our differences, But then I am only human my self. :(
Crows Town Moderator

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 10:18:01 AM »
Flips i'm glad to hear you are okay.It's hard to imagine one or two people can cause so much damage and so much pain.My heart goes out to everyone in your country especially those poor kids and their family.