Author Topic: Server move  (Read 1007 times)

Offline JavaJones

• One for Sorrow
  • Administrator
Server move
« on: May 27, 2012, 08:51:11 AM »
I will be moving this site to a new server some time within the next week, possibly as soon as tomorrow (May 27th). There will be some period of down time while the domain pointer (DNS) is updated. I will try to put the site in maintenance mode before I move it, and once the move is complete I will take it out of maint. mode.

I also hope to get back to some changes on the site here, consolidating some forum areas, and taking care of the massive backlog of people who have wanted to register and can't because of the registration moderation system. Long-term I'd like to move away from vBulletin due to cost and complexity, as well as greater personal experience with SimpleMachines Forum. But we'll see... For now, the server move is the only definite.

- Oshyan

Offline allmyfriends77

• Two for Mirth
  • "Such a life, Such a life...."
    • http://db.etree.org/allmyfriends25
Server move
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:01:18 PM »
I'm excited. This means we can get back to uploading and downloading shows?

Thanks!!
"that is why i put on the guitars and take that breath and before ever song, quietly say to myself, “this is a gift for others- let go- imagine you are in the nose-bleeds- sing for them- give everything” - Ryan Adams

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Server move
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 05:53:48 PM »
It would be great if people can register again.

Offline JavaJones

• One for Sorrow
  • Administrator
Server move
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 07:37:32 PM »
Well, the server move appears to be complete. Hurray!

Yeah, there's a long list of people who have wanted to register since the site changed hands. I just haven't had time to deal with any of it. Hopefully the process of fixing up the site will go fairly painlessly, but you'll have to be ok with it ending up looking a bit more generic as I don't have design skills or know anyone who can help there. We ought to gain functionality and ease of use though. I'll probably keep the top banner, but that's about all that will remain.

Anyway, hopefully more to come...

- Oshyan

anything