Author Topic: Free Music from Yarn! "Dark Skies" EP released on Noisetrade!  (Read 2774 times)

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
http://www.noisetrade.com/yarn

Warning this EP is a bit depressing. Makes Adam's songs seem so happy go lucky.

P.S. That website has tons of FREE music for you to stream or DL.

Enjoy the tunes
Eric
One for sorrow Two for joy

In the evenings on Long Island
When the colors start to fade

FOLK THE SYSTEM

I\'m a Russian Jew American

Joba rules

See Shiri Appleby in Chicago Fire on NBC this fall and on HBO's Girls this Jan.

http://www.yarnmusic.net

Offline Maya

Re: Free Music from Yarn! "Dark Skies" EP released on Noisetrade!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 04:25:30 AM »

I wouldn't go that far!

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:27:04 AM »
Eric I checked this out.. I can't believe you don't like Good Old War!

Offline Maya

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:27:47 AM »

Yes, definitely have a similar vibe !

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 06:35:17 AM »
Eric I forgot to tell you.. I played at a music festival last week that Yarn was playing at. I thought of you and wanted to catch them but we were playing at the same time on different stages :(

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:08:05 PM »

I wouldn't go that far!

I know Yarn inside and out and almost every song is depressing. Even Yarn's Christmas song. Maybe both bands are even. Go listen to some Yarn songs and you will see what I mean. 

FOLK THE SYSTEM

Joba rules

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »

Yes, definitely have a similar vibe !

Ill have to check out Good Old War again. The 1st time I checked them out I thought they were too poppy for my taste. Calling me names got stuck in my head. Yarn is not poppy. Well some songs have a poppy melody but the lyrics are dark. Yarn is so different than any band in the business today. Sometimes it takes a few listens before I get a band. I am looking for less generic music. I can’t think of any band other then Yarn who has a member that plays a Mandolin in every song like it’s the lead guitar.  Case in point. Here is Yarn rocking out live. The 1st song is new and unreleased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWm2QSBk-zg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4kxAeGnS7c&feature=relmfu

FOLK THE SYSTEM

Joba rules

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 09:21:48 PM »
Eric I forgot to tell you.. I played at a music festival last week that Yarn was playing at. I thought of you and wanted to catch them but we were playing at the same time on different stages :(

That's so cool. what fest was it? Yarn is playing on August 15, 2012 in New York, NY at Sullivan Hall. They kill at that venue. you should all come to the show or catch them when they play your city or town.

FOLK THE SYSTEM

Joba rules

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 10:09:32 PM »

That's so cool. what fest was it? Yarn is playing on August 15, 2012 in New York, NY at Sullivan Hall. They kill at that venue. you should all come to the show or catch them when they play your city or town.

Gathering of the Vibes in CT. Cool thanks.. I'll have to catch them sometime. I'll see if I can make it!

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »

Gathering of the Vibes in CT. Cool thanks.. I'll have to catch them sometime. I'll see if I can make it!

That's awesome Andrew. You hit the big time. The vibes is a big name brand fest. Members of the Dead played the fest. It won't be long before you are playing the outlaw road show. I need to go see your band play. My cousins play in school of rock. One plays bass and the other plays guitar. They are 10 & 12. They have a sound proof room in there basement where they practice.  Aside from getting to see the best kept secret in music play a home town gig at one of their favorite venues you also can take your picture on Sullivan street.

FOLK THE SYSTEM

Joba rules

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 07:31:10 PM »

That's awesome Andrew. You hit the big time. The vibes is a big name brand fest. Members of the Dead played the fest. It won't be long before you are playing the outlaw road show. I need to go see your band play. My cousins play in school of rock. One plays bass and the other plays guitar. They are 10 & 12. They have a sound proof room in there basement where they practice.  Aside from getting to see the best kept secret in music play a home town gig at one of their favorite venues you also can take your picture on Sullivan street.

Oh cool, I'm in school of rock as well as my own band. I actually was on tour two weeks ago because I made it into the School of Rock All-Stars (which they say is made up of about 2% of kids from all School of Rocks in the world). Tour bus, hotel rooms, etc.. a lot of fun!

I'll definitely try to catch Yarn.. plus Sullivan Street. Cool!

Offline rebeccar9

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 12:10:37 AM »
Good Old War has a really great Daytrotter session.

http://www.daytrotter.com/#!/concert/good-old-war/20055590-37382820

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 04:59:58 AM »

Ill have to check out Good Old War again. The 1st time I checked them out I thought they were too poppy for my taste. Calling me names got stuck in my head.

If you only heard "Calling Me Names" then I see where you're coming from. The rest of their stuff is pretty much folk.

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »

Ill have to check out Good Old War again. The 1st time I checked them out I thought they were too poppy for my taste. Calling me names got stuck in my head.

I heard the song about the eyes on FUV the other day. Now I am going to definitely check them out again.

If you only heard "Calling Me Names" then I see where you're coming from. The rest of their stuff is pretty much folk.

I heard the song about the eyes on FUV the other day. Now I am going to definitely check them out again.

FOLK THE SYSTEM

Joba rules