Author Topic: NEW CROWS ALBUM ???  (Read 5382 times)

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
NEW CROWS ALBUM ???
« on: January 29, 2013, 11:13:16 AM »
it says in this report that the Crows will be releasing a new live album to coincide with the UK tour in April , first i have heard of it !
   "A new live album recorded on the band’s acclaimed 2012 US summer tour will be released on Cooking Vinyl to        coincide with the dates"
the full article is here :
http://www.themidlandsrocks.com/counting-crows-announce-april-uk-tour/
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline Johnniebhoy

• Two for Mirth
Re: NEW CROWS ALBUM ???
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:55:10 PM »
That can't be true, any live album would have to be at least 5 or 6 years old before they release it! ;)

Offline flips

• Five for Silver
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:31:34 PM »
 ;D

I'm still waiting for Saturday night and Sunday mornings to arrive, so I'm still very behind on things. I actually loved the covers album, didn't really expect to, but after the third listen something clicked and I got really into it.

It's good if they put something out, don't know if live albums do much for casual fans though. Some new material would have been nice. Even if it was just an EP.
I like soap bubbles.

My books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/flips

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »
That can't be true, any live album would have to be at least 5 or 6 years old before they release it! ;)

perhaps they have the year wrong ?????? or just the facts , seems strange to be releasing yet another live album so soon after New Amsterdam and the New York August set

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:15:48 PM »
I would be stoked for anything official from that tour. Really, really enjoyed the shows I saw.

Offline aphonecall

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 07:16:44 PM »

It's good if they put something out, don't know if live albums do much for casual fans though. Some new material would have been nice. Even if it was just an EP.

This.  Lord knows they have the material sitting around.  Suffocate, My Love, etc. 

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »
I would be stoked for anything official from that tour. Really, really enjoyed the shows I saw.

well if its a live album from last year my tip is that it will probably be the Daytrotter Barn show

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 07:57:15 PM »
There were other articles that said this but this is the first I've heard about it being from the last tour.. I doubt it would be the daytrotter show-- that would defeat the purpose of you signing up to Daytrotter in order to get it!

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 09:13:06 PM »

This.  Lord knows they have the material sitting around.  Suffocate, My Love, etc. 

This always comes up. There are like 5 songs sitting out there, and there are 6 of us who particularly care. We have versions of almost all of them in pretty good quality.

If the news is true, I like that they're finally putting out live records that aren't four years old. Always seemed to defeat the purpose of presenting how the band was playing their material at that time.

Offline philjw

• boy who looks like elvis
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 09:38:50 PM »
Any new album is good news to me, although some new studio material would be nice.  As far as live concerts, it's too bad that the band didn't stick with officially releasing each show like they did in 2008.  Kind of miss that...

Offline aphonecall

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 10:12:30 PM »

This always comes up. There are like 5 songs sitting out there, and there are 6 of us who particularly care. We have versions of almost all of them in pretty good quality.

If the news is true, I like that they're finally putting out live records that aren't four years old. Always seemed to defeat the purpose of presenting how the band was playing their material at that time.

Suffocate and My Love are two songs that we don't have particularly good copies of. 

Also, to the casual fan, they won't care if these songs are old or new.  If they're released as some sort of digital EP or something, the average person would simply consider them to be new songs, and it would not be much different than them releasing a new album to the general public. 

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 10:47:20 PM »
They've outlined a bunch of times that they don't have a studio version of Suffocate. The RTS masters are gone. They "lost" the version for SN&SM (or so the story goes... foggy on the details there). I was confusing My Love with Good Luck. But still - we're talking five songs tops, and we've heard them. This is not like bands that have a treasure trove of unreleased stuff.

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 11:24:20 PM »
i think we've been very lucky with the amount of 'unrealeased' crows tracks that are out there already in various forms, so i think that leads to the assumption that there's not vast treasure troves sitting around, unopened, of unreleased material. BUT - i think it's a somewhat dangerous assumption. I remember reading an article on the release of SNSM where adam was talking about "You Can't Count On Me" being a song he'd had on his (or maybe someone elses) ipod for years and years, and only came across it by accident. it's little stories like that which lead me to believe there may in fact be a lot more than what we know about. but again, that's an assumption in itself. same goes for 5 or 6 songs titles that I remember being thrown around about the time of TDL (helpfully, I can't remember a lot of them right now) which never ever saw the light of day, just vanished (i think it was from the old AOL blogs that these were mentioned).

as for another live album - it's REALLY difficult for a CC bootleg collector to get excited about a live release.

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »
Somebody asked Dan on Facebook about "Suffocate" and his response was unfortunately:

"I love the song too, but I'm afraid it won't make it out. You are correct that we tried to record it twice but never got a good take. I think it's on some bootleg recordings though. Good luck! dv"

Probably my favorite unreleased track.. what a shame. You never know though, AD constantly changes his mind.

Offline aphonecall

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 03:36:38 AM »
Good Luck, My Love, most of us have HCTFA, and whatever "handful" of songs they recorded for the Freeloaders movie. 

That's what we know of. 

Who knows?  Sundays, SDWNN, Los Angeles, 1492, Come Around, Washington Sq., etc. all existed in one form or another for YEARS before making their way onto albums.  You guys are all right, but, there's no telling what the future holds. 

Maybe they'll figure out how to record Margery and AAEA properly in the studio and release them, someday.  We have high quality versions of those two, though, as well as Open All Night (another favorite rarity), so, it's not a huge deal. 

Still, no one can deny that it'd be awesome to maybe get "proper" versions of some of those rarities someday, is all I'm saying.