Author Topic: Chris' Video Vault  (Read 1577 times)

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
Re: Chris' Video Vault
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2017, 10:35:36 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #46
Some partial clips of songs from a show in Paris in '08. Not that exciting, but maybe you were there? I'm just giving you all I've got. Sandra thinks these are from Woody the French's friend.

Counting Crows, Live in Paris, June 30 2008

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2017, 10:36:06 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #47
When I Dream of Michelangelo from Good Morning America in 2008.

Counting Crows When I Dream of Michelangelo Good Morning America 2008

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2017, 10:36:31 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #48
An excellent performance and interview from an A&E show called Private Sessions in 2008. Great Round Here, and a really cool moment with Adam's long time friend Mary Louise Parker.

Counting Crows Private Sessions 2008

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2017, 10:39:05 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #49
I'm heading to see the Crows at PNC in Jersey tonight, and here's a show from that same venue, 17 years ago this month. This is from a VCD of a webcast - so it's pretty nice for its age, but it's still a VCD of a webcast.
Adam is in a really great mood... this is, I believe, the period where he's very happy with the Amelia who'd be the inspiration for Miami (and a lot of the Hard Candy record). Love the sax on Another Horsedreamer's Blues. Ed from Live joins for Hanginaround. Adam plays Oasis' Live Forever before A Long December, and there's Thunder Road in Rain King.

Counting Crows - PNC Holmdel August 22 2000 Webcast Complete Show - YouTube

YOUTUBE.COM

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2017, 10:39:44 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #50
A good chunk of a Counting Crows / Augustana Traveling Circus show in 2009, with pretty nice audio. Really liked this tour. For what's on here, particularly like Adam and Dan Layus duetting on Augustana's Fire.

Counting Crows and Augustana Houston August 1 2009
Counting Crows August 1st, 2009 Sam Houston Race Park Houston, TX Video Taper: Richard Simms (sullen) Audio Taper: BWolf

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2017, 05:32:32 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #51
Great set of acoustic performances for VH1.com from 2003. I always love this lineup (Adam / Dan / Immy / Charlie) - just really beautiful arrangements of these songs. Love the Someone to Watch Over Me take in Rain King. Thanks to Rob for the transfer.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist…

Counting Crows - Live at VH1.com - YouTube

YOUTUBE.COM

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2017, 05:33:02 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #52
The Crows were featured on Behind the Music 2, which was a shortened version of Behind the Music (I guess if nothing super tragic had actually happened). This is from around the time TDL was released.

Counting Crows Behind the Music II

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2017, 05:33:24 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #53
Another complete audience recording from the RTS tour. Can't believe these shows are 20 years old. Setlist is standard for the tour but it does have Raining in Baltimore, which is always a gem.

Counting Crows Dekalb Illinois October 17 1997 Full Show

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #54
A full show from Tulsa on the 2007 ballpark tour. I think it's a bit lost now, but this was a really refreshing tour - the band was playing new songs again and they were digging back into the catalog, too - this show has All My Friends and Perfect Blue Buildings (importantly, with the Sometimes it Snows in April alt), along with a fairly big dose of RTS.

Counting Crows - Tulsa August 8 2007 - YouTube

YOUTUBE.COM

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2017, 05:34:35 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #55
Small piece of a show from 2004. Shot from a bit of a distance, so you can see what their stage setup looked like at the time. Particularly enjoy the bit in Rain King (which cuts in, so you can watch for a minute and see this) where Adam sings about how special Matt is (but not as special as Adam, of course). Thanks to Rob for this one.

Counting Crows Green Bay July 8 2004

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2017, 11:33:34 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #56
About 30 minutes of an unknown show from 2004 (if someone could identify it, that would be cool). Has the acoustic version of St. Robinson that they used to do. and a somewhat unique take on the Someone to Watch Over Me alts (that someone watching the show talks over).

Counting Crows Live 2004
Counting Crows - 2004.0X.XX Unknown Date & Location #2 FTU-025 (F*** the Underground) Source: Unknown [hand held cam] Shot: AUD Video Quality : 8 Audio Quali...

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2017, 11:33:50 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #57
Complete performance from Pinkpop in 2008 (pieces of this have been on Youtube before, but not the whole thing). Interesting how they do Round Here with HYSML? as the alt and then follow it up with the original HYSML?

Counting Crows Pinkpop 2008 Full Show
Counting Crows Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf, Netherlands 1 June 2008 Le Ballet D'Or Hard Candy Hanging Tree Recovering The Satellites Colorblind Cowboys Round...

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2017, 11:37:10 PM »
Chris' Video Vault #58
Some interview segments (from what appears to be the backstage of a festival?) about SNSM, but also more generally - what it's like to be in the band, and Adam's pickiness about live material being released on video.

https://youtu.be/4lsZ2QcbZPc

https://youtu.be/hupYTFXMjcA

https://youtu.be/WQqx-qqkdlk

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2017, 11:37:37 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #59
A piece of a 2008 show in Charlotte that was used as promotional footage for the summer tour that year. Adam had hurt his knee, so he's on crutches here. Nicely, this doesn't feature the hits, but instead Up All Night, Speedway, and Rain King. There's also about fifteen minutes worth of interview footage with Adam, Immy, and Dan on the back end.

Counting Crows Charlotte July 28 2008

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2017, 11:38:07 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #60
Some cool footage from the Concert at Sea festival put on by Blof in 2008. This version of Holiday in Spain has been on Youtube (and I do love the joint version with Blof, particularly Adam's backing vocals on the last part), but the take on Mr. Jones has not.
With that, that's all I have from this hard drive. I'll take another look for more video footage, but it'll probably be a bit before that happens (taking a vacation and then working on some other archival projects). Can't believe we got to 60, though!

Counting Crows and BLØF Concert at Sea 2008

anything