Author Topic: Piece of memorabilia  (Read 888 times)

Offline CrowBro

Piece of memorabilia
« on: May 26, 2014, 09:46:02 AM »
My brother, who passed away a few years ago, was a huge Counting Crows fan. Most of the things that were near or dear I returned to the band or kept or gave to other fans. One thing, a tour jacket, I decided to sell. I put it on Ebay and realized, with just a couple days left, I should probably alert the Crows Townies that it's out there and available. But I don't want to spam any of the boards, so figured I would just do a post and ask the question here: is there a good forum to say hey there's thing I'm selling, or how to. Thanks for any suggestions or guidance. ~CrowBro

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
Re: Piece of memorabilia
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 10:11:09 AM »
Firstly, sorry to hear about your brother. It must be terrible to lose a sibling.

As for letting people know that the jacket is available, I think this is as good a forum as any other. I don't think anyone would object to you positing the link at all.

Cheers
Rob
D.A.H
19.08.09 - 30.01.12

Offline Kruykster

• One for Sorrow

Offline CrowBro

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 07:16:36 PM »
Kruykster thanks man. Excellent sleuthing. OK, I went ahead and made a post offering the jacket in this forum. I just want it to end up in the right place. Any other ideas who to let know appreciated. It's too weird seeing it hanging there any more.

Offline Kruykster

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 07:19:27 PM »
No problem, just wanted to help out, didn't say it earlier, but condolences for your loss. No matter how much time has passed, it's never easy.

Offline CrowBro

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 07:22:56 PM »
You know it.

Offline CrowBro

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 07:56:14 AM »
Wow, that was really heavy. I am so grateful to the community here for helping me out. I still have no idea how to relate to Jon's death and literally every single thing he left behind I've pondered what to do with it way too much. But the comments I've gotten, and the whole way this went down, healed me up a little bit. And the person who bought the jacket actually sent me $100 ( at least I think it was her ) even tho it went for less! Blew my mind. So as I drove away from Jon's house, after taking care of the morgue and the cleaners and the cops and the ambulance, in Jon's car, I stopped to gas it up, and when I got back in, turned on the radio. And the very first words I heard were: "You don't know what you got 'til it's gone..." So there you go. Lots of love to everybody and enjoy whatever it is you got, cuz you got it.

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »
Condolences for your loss, man. Just wanted to let you know.. I was listening to a live version of the new Counting Crows song "Dislocation" today, and there is a reference to the name Johnny Legs in the lyrics. Thought you might want to know :)

Offline CrowBro

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 08:04:40 PM »
Wow, I just read the lyrics and they're beautiful. But there's no Johnny Legs. Is there a special live version? I would love to share w my Mom and Dad.

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 08:54:38 PM »
Are you sure you found the lyrics to "Dislocation?" They only played it once live so far.. but it will be on the new CD coming out in September. It's just a small reference.. "Birthday cards and red balloons, and me, I know.. I invited Johnny Legs and Jackie O." I'm sure it has some sort of meaning to Adam, but I thought I'd let you know! Pretty cool.

anything