Author Topic: Setlist...  (Read 11709 times)

Offline sparkle

• One for Sorrow
  • Endlessly Waiting
    • http://www.facebook.com/endlessly_waiting
Setlist...
« on: June 12, 2014, 06:48:32 AM »
From Tampa, anyone????
So I throw my hand into the air and it swims in the beams
It's just a brief interruption of the swirling dust *sparkle* jet stream

Have you been waking yourself with lust?? <3

Offline Mat

Re: Setlist...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:23:05 AM »
From memory...

Sullivan Street (Summertime alt.)
Scarecrow
High Life
St. Robinson
Mr. Jones
Colorblind
Earthquake Driver
When I Dream of Michelangelo
Big Yellow Taxi
Friend of the Devil
Richard Manuel Is Dead
Elvis Went to Hollywood
Start Again
Round Here (Come outside alt.)
A Long December
Rain King

Washington Square
Hanginaround
Holiday In Spain

It's out of order but I think that's everything they played. First show in the US (I'm Australian) - crowd was great compared to what I'm used to.

New songs went over pretty well, particularly Elvis Went to Hollywood; it's really rocking live.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:29:51 AM by Mat »

Offline Johnniebhoy

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 08:35:35 AM »
Only 3 new songs?!

How were the other bands?

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 09:49:10 AM »
a new album and we still get the same old :

Big Yellow Taxi
Friend of the Devil
Richard Manuel Is Dead
Start Again
Washington Square

would be very happy if most of these were given a rest
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline flips

• Five for Silver
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 10:50:04 AM »
Start Again does nothing for me. I love Teenage Fanclub, but that cover is just so dull to me.

Hope they'll start digging a little deeper in their catalogue again, seems like a lot of songs have been overplayed while others have been ignored lately.
I like soap bubbles.

My books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/flips

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 12:32:42 PM »
Start Again does nothing for me. I love Teenage Fanclub, but that cover is just so dull to me.

Hope they'll start digging a little deeper in their catalogue again, seems like a lot of songs have been overplayed while others have been ignored lately.

couldnt agree more and i think its high time to get a bit more life into the encore
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 02:50:47 PM »
a new album and we still get the same old :

Big Yellow Taxi
Friend of the Devil
Richard Manuel Is Dead
Start Again
Washington Square

would be very happy if most of these were given a rest

My list of songs i wish they would skip for a while also included December and HIS for the encore the rest is almost the same as yours.But i'm sure the average person who went to this show liked that setlist.

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »
That is not an impressive setlist. That was like a greatest hits setlist. The Crows have so many great songs they never play. I am not not just talking about rare songs. I want to hear new songs like Johnny Appleseed and Possibility Days. Murder or Walkways make a great encore.
One for sorrow Two for joy

In the evenings on Long Island
When the colors start to fade

FOLK THE SYSTEM

I\'m a Russian Jew American

Joba rules

See Shiri Appleby in Chicago Fire on NBC this fall and on HBO's Girls this Jan.

http://www.yarnmusic.net

Offline slowmotion

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »
I'll be honest... I do not love some of the new material.  I really, really like Palisades Park, but God of Ocean Tides does nothing for me and Elvis, Earthquake and Scarecrow just are not that groundbreaking.  IMHO.  Am I the first person to say this?  A little scared to float this in another thread.

Also, I have listened to the Noncomm show over and over... and in Palisades Park, it appears that Andy changes genders about halfway through the song.  Anyone else notice that?

Offline flips

• Five for Silver
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »

Also, I have listened to the Noncomm show over and over... and in Palisades Park, it appears that Andy changes genders about halfway through the song.  Anyone else notice that?

Yes I noticed that too. In the post on facebook about casting for the video it's mentioned that Andy is a cross dresser, so maybe that's why.

"ANDY (1970s)-LEAD. To play 17 y/o male. Punk rocker, wild child, druggie. Neal Cassady type. Caucasian. Lives on the edge. Occasionally cross dresses. Turns tricks in later years. Drummer unafraid to get his hands dirty. Drummer a plus."
I like soap bubbles.

My books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/flips

Offline slowmotion

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 05:13:26 PM »
good catch.  i keep trying to follow the narrative, but it is tough.  maybe someone will transcribe it one day soon.

Offline yliheaimtyhwa

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »
Thanks for the setlist.  Looking forward to two shows, L'auberge (Lake Charles, LA) and Bayou Music Center (Houston).  Don't disagree with comments above but at the same time just love seeing them play live that I'll even take well worn songs. With regard to new material, I personally am digging all of it.  I respect each individuals (slowmotions) opinions. That's the beauty of music, it's such a personal experience. For example, Gods of Ocean Tides is probably my favorite new song. It's a new story with an old feel.  Earthquake and Elvis are just fun and upbeat. Of course Palisades Park is excellent too. As mentioned in another thread, Palisades Park feels like it's a continued vibe of Adam's work in the theater.  A lot like the "lights of broadway" alt in round here from the Atlantic City show back in August of 2008. 
Looking forward to the shows and just thrilled the Crows are still alive and kickin.  Hope to see some of you on the road.  Peter

(yliheaimtyhwa = you look into her eyes and its more than your heart will allow, AAEA, AD)
"You look into her eyes and it's more than your heart will allow" AAEA

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 06:57:04 PM »
I'm also digging all of the new stuff, so I can disagree there as well but each to his own. All of the songs keep getting stuck in my head.. lately "Elvis.." and "Scarecrow." They are just SO good.

As far as setlist goes.. they're always pretty bland in the beginning of the tour. Plus, they've been rehearsing the new stuff a lot so they probably haven't had much time to dig up some old stuff. But I agree.. I want more variety in the sets. Hopefully as the tour goes on they'll start bringing some other stuff back.. and maybe mix up the new songs too

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 07:43:05 PM »
I am loving all the new songs. Some more then others. It depends on my mood and day. Palisades Park is epic. I am looking foward to hearing the other new songs they have yet to play with the exception of the Front and Center show. I like more jams and less 3 minute songs that sound like they do on the albums. I am sure the setlist will change as the tour goes on. I always find my self singing along to jones and BYT even though I'd much rather hear something else. You would think the band would get tired of them. Untitled was the 2nd song on the last tour and they played it the same way every night to death.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:50:12 PM by earlbny »
One for sorrow Two for joy

In the evenings on Long Island
When the colors start to fade

FOLK THE SYSTEM

I\'m a Russian Jew American

Joba rules

See Shiri Appleby in Chicago Fire on NBC this fall and on HBO's Girls this Jan.

http://www.yarnmusic.net

Offline slowmotion

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 07:45:35 PM »
Agreed.  Agreed.  How long does it usually take after a show before nugs gets it up for sale on the live counting crows site?