Author Topic: 2014 EUROPEAN TOUR RECORDINGS  (Read 4334 times)

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
2014 EUROPEAN TOUR RECORDINGS
« on: October 09, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »
Anybody know if the european shows will this time be up for sale on livecountingcrows.com ?

Would be great to have a few soundboards but we always have excellent tapers this side of the pond like Randal , Martin , Ted and many others
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline randallanddarcy

• One for Sorrow
Re: 2014 EUROPEAN TOUR RECORDINGS
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 07:40:37 AM »
That's an unexpected compliment first thing on a Monday morn...the sun ain't even up in Dublin yet! Thanks much!
38 Crows shows and counting...
2002: 5 shows.
2003: 9 shows.
2004: 7 shows.
2008: 1 show.
2009: 6 shows.
2013: 3 shows.
2014: 6 shows.
2015: 1 show.

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 09:47:31 AM »
That's an unexpected compliment first thing on a Monday morn...the sun ain't even up in Dublin yet! Thanks much!

its been very well earned over the years my friend , shame theres no shows in Ireland this time round , are you doing any of the gigs in England ?

Offline randallanddarcy

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 11:35:02 AM »
Manchester, Glasgow (Scotland

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 11:57:10 AM »
Manchester, Glasgow (Scotland

is see youve gone and booked another three shows , six in November lucky man ,

Offline randallanddarcy

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 12:16:25 PM »
Looks like i got interrupted and didn't finish that post! Oops. It's Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Leicester and the two nights in London. Sorry 'bout that.

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 01:16:10 PM »
Looks like i got interrupted and didn't finish that post! Oops. It's Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Leicester and the two nights in London. Sorry 'bout that.

well at least we are guaranteed a top quality audience recording for most of the UK tour then ,

we will also be at Birmingham and Leicester , i will ask around to see if anybody is taping the rest of the tour , if not i will dig out my old mini disc and have a try at Leeds

Offline Vetrianno

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 08:59:03 PM »
Good to hear your doing Brum and Leeds. Hope to share a beer with you at both. I've pushed the boat out and I'm doing the meet and greet at Leeds. Bought tickets for a few other dates but might have to sell singles for Manchester Leicester and London on the Tuesday due to other commitments. If anyone is interested let me know.

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 04:50:14 PM »
i asked over at livecountingcrows.com and nugs.net if the European shows would be on the site and got this reply

Live Concert Downloads by nugs.net wrote: "I believe so, let me double check and I will let you know."

also had a word with Shawn the bands sound man and he said :

My plan is to have them uploaded as soon as I can after the shows. I have not heard anything about them not going up so you should see the website updated early next week.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 07:41:55 PM »
Thanks for asking that's good news. In general i prefer a good audience recording but since Randall unfortunately isn't coming to Amsterdam this time  ;) it's good to have another option.

Offline randallanddarcy

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 12:25:03 AM »
In that case, is it worth my while taping? The reason I gave up taping Pearl Jam shows was because i ain't gonna listen to my audience recordings if soundboards exist. I will if there's any interest...

The thing with the Crows "official bootlegs" is that they just release the direct Front of House (FOH) board feed mix. Pearl Jam record their shows to multi-track and mix them properly in post.

The difference is this: if, during a Crows show, and say, for.example, the vocal is too low FOH, the soundman will boost it, so its louder in the context of the sound in the room at that moment. The problem with direct FOH soundboard recordings like this is this: that vocal, on the recording, can be too quiet until the point it is boosted. When it's boosted, it can sound (comparitive to the rest of the instruments), obnoxiously loud, swamping everything else. (Listen to when the vocal starts in the first verse of Omaha on the free download compilation the band gave us; I think it's called "Fourth of July Spectacular", if memory serves).The FOH desk recording, in playback, does not consider the room on the night of the show. The mix during the show does, but the recording does not. A good audience recording, because it ALSO is considering the the ambience of the room, often avoids this problem.

It occurs to me, (and I KNOW we can't SAY this in public; nor can we endorse it), but if any of the official recordings suffer from something like I described above, if someone who knows how to do it (and I know plenty of old-school tapers in the US, and a bunch of *professional* studio/FOH/monitor engineers here in Dublin who may do it), is to take the official recording and the audience tapes (tapes-heh...it's just a turn of phrase coz i'm old), and make an edit of them-mix them together to get an "optimum" recording...a "matrix", if you will...

So maybe I just answered my own question....i think i will record them just in case.

Offline yidosengland

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »
always room for good audience recordings many times they are better than the soundboards they capture the atmosphere more , and just because the band says we can have soundboards they or ( Adam ) is well known for changing his mind

Offline flips

• Five for Silver
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 05:56:13 PM »
Have fun everybody. Hope you get good shows.
I like soap bubbles.

My books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/flips

Offline Adam

• Six for Gold
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 06:01:50 PM »
It's good to see that they have the European Tour listed for Pre-Order on the live site. I'm still planning on taping the Newcastle show though, i'd rather have my audience recording just in case any of the shows are pulled from sale.

Offline Adam

• Six for Gold
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 12:14:54 PM »
Anyone know what the set was last night in Birmingham?

**EDIT** - Never mind, I've just seen that it's been posted over on the official.

Sullivan Street
Untitled (Love Song)
High Life
I Wish I Was A Girl
Mr. Jones
Possibility Days
Mercy
Scarecrow
Mrs. Potter's Lullaby
Elvis Went To Hollywood
God of Ocean Tides
Friend of the Devil