Author Topic: Anyone want a bag of bootlegs?  (Read 3504 times)

Offline jemmaashman

Re: Anyone want a bag of bootlegs?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 11:05:01 PM »
Hi and so sorry for my lack of communication. I got totally tied up with Christmas holiday away and only got back last weekend. I've finally got the postage costs and will mesage Dstryr712 now. Hopefully he can share them with everyone. I just have zero time at the moment working full time and with a young baby - really sorry but that's why I need to give the shows away as I felt so guilty keeping hold of them and doing nothing with them.

Offline allenduritz

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 11:43:57 PM »
Thank you for the uploads abcdefggr. Afters years of being on this site, I am trying to get more bootlegs to people. I have helped a few people on this site in the past. Thanks for your contribution dutchieblue.

Offline jemmaashman

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 12:37:35 AM »
Hi all, I've got the postage costs for the shows to send to dstryr712 in the US and they ain't cheap - £70 approx for normal mail and £90 for signed for mail. I guess it's because there's about 200 CDs total as each show us 2 CDs. Anyway, dstryr712 was wondering if anyone wants to share the postage costs with him so he can upload and share/send on - dstryr712 can explain better than I I'm sure! Or can anyone think of a better way? I can contribute £10 to the postage...

Offline abcdefggr

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 12:47:33 AM »
I'm more than happy to get in on this, I'm in the UK (Essex) and don't mind ripping the however many CD's and putting them on a USB/External Hard Drive and distributing them that way? I would think it might be cheaper to send something like a USB than 200 CDs. I am however half way through my third year of University and probably wouldn't be able to really focus on it completely until maybe Easter?

Offline titchinello

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 03:50:30 AM »
I'd Love to help anyway that i can.. let me know..

Offline dstryr712

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 04:41:28 AM »
Just saw all these new posts-
abcdefggr, that's exactly what I'm doing. I have a couple internal hard drives, and an old adapter, that we can trade around. Once all these disks are ripped to it, I'd drop on the rest of my collection, and pass it to someone else (who hopefully adds their collection and passes it along). I've spoken to a couple people on here about this in the past, but the conversations petered out without anything coming of it.

If anyone's up for it, let's get a count and figure out what works with regards to postage!

Offline titchinello

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 05:15:16 PM »
I could be tempted to add my name,  but i only have 1 cc bootleg to add.  but i have just about every pearl jam Boot,  if anyone would be interested in any of those, i could add some.   

But i'd gladly get a shot of the external.   then pass it on....

Offline jemmaashman

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 12:42:03 AM »
Great that you're all up for sharing these! So maybe there are two options - we could all chip in together for the postage to get them to dstryr712 (need to know who's in) or maybe another way would be for me to get them to Abcdefggr as he's 'just down the road' in Essex (I'm in London - I'm sure we could jump on a train each to exchange?) and he could rip them when he has time around Easter? I guess it depends on whether we can get the postage covered to dstryr712?

Offline abcdefggr

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »
I'm up for either option and am more than happy to contribute £20 towards the postage if we take the dstryr712 route  :)

Offline Adam

• Six for Gold
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 02:50:47 PM »
Just looking through the posts here. Quite a big hit to ship it out to the USA. If we can't get shippings costs for USA, what would be it be to post it to the North East (I'm in Newcastle). I'd be able to get them ripped/tagged/uploading within about 2-3 weeks, if that is any better?

Offline dstryr712

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 12:16:51 AM »
Just saw the last post or two- been busy.

Either way can work for me. I'd prefer having them sent here if the alternative is to download them. I have to watch how much I download here, and my upload speed is horrible. But if someone else is able to put all of them on a hard drive and send that to me, that's fine too. Maybe we send it around one continent first, then over here, circle it around here, then return it at the end?

For postage, I'd put in 20 GPB or so towards shipping also. Abcdefgg said 20 also, is that still ok? jemma was willing to contribute some, also. And titchinello, if you are willing to chip in we're not far off at all. I don't know about UK post, but here in USA we have "media mail" which is slower, but less expensive, and meant for things like books or CDs. Do you have an equivalent?

Offline jemmaashman

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 11:54:10 PM »
Hi, I'll check out if there's a slower post option but I did ask the post guy for the cheapest way. Will also check out UK postage to Adam.
Soooooo, does anyone else want to chip in for postage to Dstryr? So far £50 between Dstryr, Abcdefgg and me. Any others? Can we give it until the end of this week - so Friday 22 January. If we have raised the postage I'll post them on Saturday and if we haven't I'll arrange with either Abcdefgg or Adam to get them to one of them. Sound ok, peeps? We will get this sorted!!!

Offline dstryr712

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 10:40:02 PM »
:bump:
Has anyone else any interest in helping ship or otherwise transfer this collection? I'd really like to grow my collection- i can use some new shows- and help spread them around. I'd hate another potential opportunity to dry up again..

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »
Confused,why pay a lot of postage when there seem to be two people offering cheaper solutions ?
It seems Abc.. wants to do the exact same thing as you,rip it put it on HD and share it that way.
I guess what it boils down to is do you have the patience and trust that it will come your way eventually.

Offline dstryr712

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2016, 11:24:57 PM »
Nothing to be confused on- I'm just asking what everyone wants to do. There's been no discussion in a while. Either way works for me. I've already put a bunch of my collection together on a spare drive when I recently did some re-organizing. So I'm ready to go whenever!