Author Topic: Looking for bootleg of CC show First Avenue, Minneapolis 2/3/1994 (Feb 3, 1994)  (Read 1210 times)

Offline VTRover

Hello All,

First CC show I went to was the show at First Ave in Minneapolis Feb 3, 1994. They were the second of 4 bands who played and I have been a huge fan since.  My sons are now big fans and I took them to their first rock concert in May... CC in Montreal. I would really love to get a copy of the show from First Ave in 1994. Please help!!!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:11:22 PM by VTRover »

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Re: Looking for bootleg of CC show First Avenue, Minneapolis 2/3/1994
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 03:42:38 PM »
Are you sure about that date ? According to the database they played Ziggy's Winston Salem NC on the date you mention.
7-2-1994 and 7-3-1994 are listed as Minneapolis shows.

Offline VTRover

Re: Looking for bootleg of CC show First Avenue, Minneapolis 2/3/1994
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 04:09:17 PM »
The shows in July were at Northrup and State Theaters. They played First Ave Feb 3.

http://countingcrows.com/show-notes/february-3-1994-first-avenue-minneapolis-mn/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:14:30 PM by VTRover »

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Sorry i never use the official site to check dates, it not always too accurate. :0

Offline VTRover

I have found some old defunct CC fans sites which people posted having bootlegs of the First Ave show but the sites are now longer functional and you cannot contact any of the users.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
From what i can see there only is a recording from the State theater but it's lossy and B soundquality the one you are looking for i can't find but maybe someone else here has it.Good luck.

Offline VTRover

Well just got interesting... and might make things a lot easier for me!

http://www.trcjt.ca/ae598/crows/thievish.htm

I was friends with the former manager of First Ave and I know they used to record all shows board that could actually be the source for Thievish Magpies

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
I do know Thievish Magpies /as funky as can be..Not sure what the right info is but i think it was mislabeled.
http://crows-town.com/index.php?topic=2710.msg21712#msg21712

Good detective work i love a mystery ;)

Offline VTRover

I have found the Minneapolis set list (printed on a "Thievish Magpies" bootleg CD) as:

Gotta Get Out
 Round Here
 Anna Begins
 Omaha
 Time And Time Again
 Mr Jones
 Cannonball
 Elisabeth
 Margery Dreams Of Horses
 A Murder Of One
 Sullivan Street

And Montreal set listed (printed on Funky As They Can Be CD bootleg) as:

Gotta Get Out   
Round Here 
Anna Begins 
Omaha
Time And Time Again
Mr. Jones
Wise Blood
Goodnight Elizabeth
Margery 
A Murder Of One
Sullivan Street
Round Here
Mr. Jones

Who knows... when they start renaming the songs, who knows what is reliable!

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
The actual facts about Thievish Magpie Bootleg its the Club Soda show Montreal on 16th Feb 1994 they didn't play First Avenue Minneapolis on Feb 3rd they were supporting Cracker at Ziggy's Salem NC
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Graham to the rescue Thanks .

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Do you know when they did play the show we are searching fot

Offline Graham

No problem Sandra I do have the Thievish Magpie Bootleg was the first I bought, for years there has so much debating about the actual date it was finally agreed that its the Montreal show, also I was in contact with a guy who had taped the Salem show unfortunately never got him to share.

Offline Graham

I don't sorry, I know the one of strongest arguments dating this show was the travel logistics, Simon's boot list is as good as it gets although I doubt if its 100% accurate

Offline VTRover

I find no record of them playing in Salem on Feb 3, 1994 but numerous references them playing First Ave in Minneapolis. Guess and I need to look for the ticket stub and/or contact my friend Chissy Dunlap (wife of guitarist Slim Dunlap) who use to manage First Ave. I KNOW I saw them at First Ave, they were 2nd of 4 bands to play that night in early 1994 and I show no other dates for them in Minneapolis.