Author Topic: Tour 2017  (Read 939 times)

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Re: Tour 2017
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 08:27:39 PM »
If you really love both bands it's great but in general i think it means higher ticketprices,shorter setlist,more people wanting VIP/first rows,and part of the audience that is only interested in one band and doesn't have the patience to listen to the full set of the other band.

All i want is for them is to mix up the setlist more but i think it's not that they don't know it's become predictable but it's a concious choice.From everything i've seen and heard the last couple of years my guess would be Adam has more problems with his memory.He forgets more lyrics ,messes them up ,uses more tools like papers or his phone to remember. If you have to mix things up every night that's really hard.He seems to have no problems with the new songs but the old ones that they have done so many times in the past seem to be the problem.
As i get older my memory isn't what it used to be either but use of medication and use of alcohol can also influence that.
I really really hope i'm completely wrong.

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »
Based on the start times from the shows - looks like this will be the same setup as last year with the Crows in Thomas' slot. Which means they're getting about 75 minutes or so per night. Which would be a bummer, except as we've discussed above, the sets have become incredibly stale.

I think the band would have a point in saying the setlists are varied (they played over 50 songs last summer) - except that many of those songs only got played once or twice, and they're literally the same songs played (in mostly the same way) as the past several years. I know we're the weirdos who follow setlists and a lot of people are only seeing one show per summer, but they sell the shows! Why not give people a reason to buy more? I don't get it.

It might be what Dutchie suggests. It also might be that they're in a couple of year rut, which we've seen happen to them in the past. Hopefully they break out of it. Until then I'm fine being the guy that sees them once a summer (which is kinda sad for someone who saw them 14 times in 2007-2008).

Offline thehappymundays

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »
They are playing an hour down the road from me, I'll see the set lists and then decide and try and pickup a ticket, fingers crossed they get me off my sorry arse

Offline thehappymundays

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 12:34:26 AM »

I only just realised this http://www.livecountingcrows.com/live-music/0,3364/Counting-Crows-mp3-flac-download-9-9-1996-John-Anson-Ford-Theater-Hollywood-CA.html has all the RTS songs in one concert!

Rain King, Round Here, Sullivan Street, Murder of One they are ALL here ... This is a ticket I would pay big bucks for
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:36:42 AM by thehappymundays »

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 01:10:08 PM »
This is what Jim posted on FB

Jim Bogios Co-headline, but we play first. There will be an opener as well. Truth be told, I will be happy to get down the road a little earlier every night.

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »
the more i read about this tour the more I wonder whats happening to the music industry , no chance of getting a decent ticket/seat unless you have endless funds the right credit card or the right mobile phone , VIP tickets priced at the level you would expect from major league bands , you pay the price to see two bands when many only want to see one .

and worse still silly immature arguments between two sets of fans about whos band is best whos singer is the best whos sold the most records whos better live , doesnt bode well for a good night of music

Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 06:08:17 PM »
the more i read about this tour the more I wonder whats happening to the music industry , no chance of getting a decent ticket/seat unless you have endless funds the right credit card or the right mobile phone , VIP tickets priced at the level you would expect from major league bands , you pay the price to see two bands when many only want to see one .

The ticketing for major shows is really screwed up right now. There's really no need to go on early when unsold VIP tickets will be regular price a week before the show.

Offline Kruykster

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »
Bought my ticket from phone during meeting. Must of really lucked out as a I got a solo ticket 4th row, regular price for Syracuse. Now checking only platinum seats available at a premium for once I don't get screwed.

Offline Johnniebhoy

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 10:43:38 PM »
The Crows Nest tickets are a snip at $875 😳

anything