Author Topic: Tour with Rob Thomas  (Read 3208 times)

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
Re: Tour with Rob Thomas
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 03:37:32 PM »
I am going to try and get pre sale tix. The VIP packages are insane. I'll pass on the VIP and instead see more shows. I wonder if they will switch off who closes each night?
One for sorrow Two for joy

In the evenings on Long Island
When the colors start to fade

FOLK THE SYSTEM

I\'m a Russian Jew American

Joba rules

See Shiri Appleby in Chicago Fire on NBC this fall and on HBO's Girls this Jan.

http://www.yarnmusic.net

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 03:52:33 PM »
I am going to try and get pre sale tix. The VIP packages are insane. I'll pass on the VIP and instead see more shows. I wonder if they will switch off who closes each night?

Yeah, we checked with my wife's sister and her husband.  They wanna go since it's right by their house so we'll be getting presale tickets.  I swear when the VIP doesn't sell and those good seats go to normal prices, I'm going to dole out some wicked Facebook reviews ha ha.

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »
Given what I'm getting in the presale, I might wait it out... nothing but very back of the orchestra with the presale code. If I want to double the price and buy $100 worth of merch, I can get fourth row. I think you're right, Leonard, in that waiting out the VIP seats will give a better result. Going to try the Citi presale tomorrow, too.

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 04:55:57 PM »
Given what I'm getting in the presale, I might wait it out... nothing but very back of the orchestra with the presale code. If I want to double the price and buy $100 worth of merch, I can get fourth row. I think you're right, Leonard, in that waiting out the VIP seats will give a better result. Going to try the Citi presale tomorrow, too.

I bought.

I believe our seats are about 30 rows back but I refreshed "best available" for 30 mins and these were the best I could score.  I've gotten tickets the day they went on sale and got to the right of the stage 12 rows back and I bought tickets 2 weeks after they went on sale to the public and got 5 rows back (right of stage). 

With the wonky VIP stuff going on, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that ALL of the 30 rows ahead of me are reserved and will open up closer to showtime.  I'll make some phone calls and try to exchange if that happens, but I've never had luck with that before.

I was just worried that if I did NOT buy today, scalpers would step in and I'd be stuck getting worse seats or lawn (which my wife won't do).  I'll probably regret buying so soon but w/e.  It's about the experience and being there, I suppose.  I just LOVE the band more than any band, I know more songs than anyone around me ever does and I appreciate being right up front more than most of the people who are!  ha ha. 

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 05:03:34 PM »
So as I was typing, I was refreshing again to see what was available... The section ahead of me opened up, but they were the furthest seats to the right of the stage... I'd rather be more centered but a little further back I think.  If nothing else, for sound alone.  I sat pretty far to the right at Embassy in Ft. Wayne and I must say some of the guitars were louder than the rest of the music a few times.  I think center of stage typically gets the best sound.

Also, I have to contend with trying to get 4 tickets in a row!  If it were just me and the wife, I probably would have waited and gotten closer seats as we approached August.

Finally, no matter when you buy them, Riverbend is asking $77/ea. +$14.10 Service fee + $3.50 parking fee So ~$100 EA. to move up a section... A $25/ea. increase per ticket.  I don't remember Riverbend enough to remember if that's really *that* much different and worth it...

Dunno... I'll keep trying to justify buying them to myself as the days/weeks go on. 

Interested to see what kinda seats you get to your chosen venue, Cmigs

Offline Kruykster

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »
Man those vip tix are really eating into the presale...only able to do Boston this time around...and best I could scrounge was 20 rows back...so going to hold off and keep checking...even the merch packs were 12th row for 195...not worth it considering meet and greet was fourth row for 295.

Offline Clairvoyant

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 06:07:34 PM »
I bought a ticket for Brooklyn but am waiting on buying for other shows. I wasn't getting any good options in the front section (and those tickets are expensive even without all the VIP stuff), so I ended up just choosing the middle price range and taking a second row aisle seat in the center section (201). (I also get nervous about waiting for the general sale and finding nothing available.)
Claire

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 06:29:39 PM »
I bought tix for Brooklyn, PNC and Jones Beach. The VIP upgrades were insane. I kept throwing back tickets till I got good ones.
One for sorrow Two for joy

In the evenings on Long Island
When the colors start to fade

FOLK THE SYSTEM

I\'m a Russian Jew American

Joba rules

See Shiri Appleby in Chicago Fire on NBC this fall and on HBO's Girls this Jan.

http://www.yarnmusic.net

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 07:01:18 PM »

Man those vip tix are really eating into the presale...only able to do Boston this time around...and best I could scrounge was 20 rows back...so going to hold off and keep checking...even the merch packs were 12th row for 195...not worth it considering meet and greet was fourth row for 295.

Isn't that crazy?!  The thing that kinda blows my mind is that I KNOW for sure that last summer, VIP were available up to the day of the show.  So they're not selling a lot of VIP tickets.  And this year, the VIP experience is MUCH more expensive and they're holding even MORE spots for them.  I don't understand why!

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 07:02:12 PM »

I bought a ticket for Brooklyn but am waiting on buying for other shows. I wasn't getting any good options in the front section (and those tickets are expensive even without all the VIP stuff), so I ended up just choosing the middle price range and taking a second row aisle seat in the center section (201). (I also get nervous about waiting for the general sale and finding nothing available.)

I think you played it well.  You do make a good point -- even if they were readily available, those front seats w/o meet and greet are NOT cheap.  I too bought mid-grade and it was $150 for a pair!  I mean, it is my favorite band but there's still a line to be drawn.  I don't love these huge venues.  I hope they do another short "winter" tour this year like they did a couple years back.  Those were great venues and shows!

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 07:02:28 PM »

I bought tix for Brooklyn, PNC and Jones Beach. The VIP upgrades were insane. I kept throwing back tickets till I got good ones.

Dang, lucky you were able to do so.  Like I said above, I tried that for about 30 mins then just bought.  I've been refreshing since then just to see and so far, nothing better has come up.  I'm guessing July will be when better seats will open up.  I'm curious what they'll cost.

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 07:05:19 PM »
Can anyone speculate what is on "Adam's specially curated mix-tape" that will be included with all VIP packages?  Maybe a bit off-topic, sorry!

Just curious if they've ever done/offered anything like it and what ya'll think it'll be!

Offline Kruykster

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 08:57:20 PM »
Would highly expect it to be Outlaw bands. Doubt there will be any Counting Crows on it. :(

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 09:33:50 PM »
well that's no fun... I mean, it probably is good stuff, but I would almost hope for something CC on there.

been listening all day (as per usual) and I'm getting pretty excited to see them for only my 5th time ever (started summer '13)

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 09:41:59 PM »
Yeah, I'm guessing that mix tape is all Outlaw Roadshow bands (many of whom are great, but I'm not sure how much value there is in paying for the mix).