Author Topic: Tour with Rob Thomas  (Read 2512 times)

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
Re: Tour with Rob Thomas
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 01:19:29 AM »
My guess is that it's just the pre show music they play over the PA. I love Jason Isbel but I am so sick of Super 8. That was my least favorite song on Southeastern. Same goes for Invisible Riverside, Gimmie Something Good or whatever song they play from Ryan Adam's. I saw on FB people bought the Crows Nest VIP. That's insane. I am not sure if I would buy that even if I had the money. I just found one of my tickets that cost me $10. CC  with the Actual Tigers at Hofstra University. I still have the service with a smile tee shirt.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:27:31 AM by earlbny »
One for sorrow Two for joy

In the evenings on Long Island
When the colors start to fade

FOLK THE SYSTEM

I\'m a Russian Jew American

Joba rules

See Shiri Appleby in Chicago Fire on NBC this fall and on HBO's Girls this Jan.

http://www.yarnmusic.net

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 05:32:27 AM »
If I had unlimited funds, I'd definitely buy the side stage VIP. I've been side stage for some shows (not the Crows) and it's pretty fun.

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 03:09:56 PM »
I suppose if I had the funds I'd buy one of the meet and greets just to be stage side.  But I'd have to have a lot of money.  Like "I don't work anymore" kind of money.  Otherwise I've got kids and a mortgage ha ha

Even when the meet and greet were like $150-200 in the last couple of years, I told my wife I'm not sure about the "meet" part.  I don't really have much to say to the band.  "Thanks x10000"...."Keep doing what you do forever cause I look forward to it more than Christmas"...."I listen to you daily and I hope that doesn't weird you out". 

Nah, not this time.  I wonder how many of the meet and greet people are even big fans.  I've found most people around me at shows don't know any new songs and tend to just know the 90's hits.  Not me.  I'll be the *real* fan sitting 32 rows back shouting out [ALL] the songs against the clang of electric guitars.   ;)

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 04:02:47 PM »
Citi presale just crushed it for me. 6th row for Brooklyn.

Offline aphonecall

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 04:23:58 PM »
Wondering if they'll be playing any new songs. 

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 05:05:56 PM »
Citi presale just crushed it for me. 6th row for Brooklyn.

congrats!  I've been about that close before.   Heck, at the Fillmore in Detroit where it was standing room, I was equivalent to about 2nd row!  But I had to stand of course...

Wondering if next year I should get me a Citi card before the tour... ha ha 

EDIT:  I just googled the Citi presale code and found it (duh, why didn't I think of that sooner) and searched "best available" with that at my closest venue and the seats were actually WORSE than using crowssummer2016

Bummer... 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 05:12:39 PM by Leonard1818 »

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 05:07:09 PM »
Wondering if they'll be playing any new songs.

I'm REALLY curious what the setlist will be.  I've been going since 2013 and it's been pretty much similar setlists.  I'd like to see a lot more from Recovering the Satellites, personally but I know everyone has their likes and I think they do a pretty good job of giving everyone 2-3 of their favorites!

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 11:49:07 PM »
I would not mind standing on the side of the stage watching Bill work on all the guitars. I guess I said no because I am not never have to work again rich. Sadly I think the setlist will be pretty much the same. I follow a lot of different music website. Most of which talk about Jambands. I get so jealous whenever I read about other bands doing cool things. I hope the band proves me wrong and changes things up. I would think the band would get tired of playing the same songs the same way over and over again. I loved that Bluegrass cover of Long December. It made the song fresh and different.

FOLK THE SYSTEM

Joba rules

Offline oneoutofmany

• All I really know is I don't wanna know
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 03:35:59 AM »
I did the meet and greet in Birmingham UK as the gig landed on my birthday and had to go solo as wife was expecting. Will say it was worth the money.  Whole band were nice especially Jim and stayed in touch after the gig. Got front centre position, Dan gave me his pick at the end of the gig. Sound check was good and spent time with them all.

A day I will always remember

Offline Kruykster

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2016, 04:44:00 PM »
Not sure if this presale code works elsewhere...but for Boston show used Livenation code K phillips retweeted.... " backstage" and it got me second row left of center...15$ less then center row...and everything else was 30 rows back...

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2016, 11:30:00 PM »
That's awesome.

FOLK THE SYSTEM

Joba rules

Offline Leonard1818

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 04:32:46 PM »
Well, now that public sales have opened up, I see we can now choose BY SEAT which is how I like to do it.  I also see some almost "too-good-to-be-true" resale tickets up.  As in -- every seat around them are the $300-1000 seats but they're selling theirs for like $125.  I'm not sure I quite understand how that works for them. 

I think next time, I'll just wait till public sale and choose by seat for me and my wife.  It's harder to get good seats the more people you have.

EDIT:  Figured out why those resales seem "too good to be true".  There's an imaginary line going up the rows cutting off the exterior 5 or 6 seats and if you hover over those it says "Obstructed view".  I believe all of the resale tickets would fall into this category and the venue is selling these SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper so the resale "deal" isn't much of a "deal".  I noticed resale tickets BEHIND mine asking $50 more than I paid! 

I still think next time around I will wait till general sale and pick by seat.

I'm so excited to see them again!  AHHHhhh
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:53:39 PM by Leonard1818 »

Offline earlbny

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2016, 12:12:18 AM »
My mom and aunt asked me to get them tickets to Jones Beach. I did the pick your own seat option. I got them seats in the center of the theater one level up from the orchestra. Picking your own seats makes it so much easier and fun. I was able to see the whole venue and pick out the best seats in the house for the price  I wanted to spend. I find that in the orchestra the person in front of me is always really tall. As a short person it makes it very hard to see unless I am front row. That one level up allows me to see because each seat is on an angel. Just for fun I checked the available tickets throughout the day and they had plenty of seats left. Mostly on the sides and up top.

FOLK THE SYSTEM

Joba rules

anything