Author Topic: Rank The Studio Albums  (Read 1474 times)

Offline ridethemaverick

Re: Rank The Studio Albums
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 08:11:18 PM »
TDL - flawless to me, although if I hear Colorblind one more time, I'll scream. (Thank you, Cruel Intentions.)
AAEA - first Crows music I ever heard. I can still hear Mr. Jones and get all happy. (Plus it introduced me to Bob Dylan.)
RTS - kind of all over the place (seems like it's a harder rock edge than alt rock) but in a really good way.
 SUW - just a good, solid album. I think it's underrated.
(30 years of complete silence)
SNSM & HC - can't stand 'em. Too slick and polished. The kind of albums you have to make when you're finishing out a contract.

Offline Mangaba

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 12:05:58 PM »
some of the songs on Somewhere Under Wonderland are as good as anything the band has ever written

I think the problem is this: until HC, they used to make great ALBUMS; after HC they started to make good albums with some great songs.

Offline Sugar Mouse

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »
1. August and Everything After - for me, their best collection of songs with strong production. A perfect debut.
2. Hard Candy - for me, the band's second best collection of songs. Incredible melodies.
3. Somewhere Under Wonderland - really good songs. Great comeback album.
4. Recovering The Satellites - I like some of the songs but I think the band stretched too far out of their sweet spot on this one.
5. Saturday Nights/ Sunday Mornings - good songs. Some of the songs sound like demos to me.
6. This Desert Life - this album never connected with me.