Author Topic: Why is this place so dead?  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Mangaba

Why is this place so dead?
« on: June 29, 2016, 01:42:55 PM »
Why is our community so dead?

Comparing with other bands, our community is pratically nonexistent! For example, the Goo Goo Dolls, a much smaller band than CC, has a community much more active than ours. Even bands that does not exist anymore, like Oasis, have active forums, with a lot of people discussing many subjects.

So, why is this place so dead? Are we the Ghost Town? Or is it a consequence of the actual situation of the band?

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
Re: Why is this place so dead?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 06:04:58 PM »
The community has shifted over to Facebook for the most part. There are a ton of active FB groups dedicated to the band so if you're looking for a lot of discussion head over there. Ever since they took down the official boards everyone has kind of migrated that way. Still love CT though, we have a nice little group of our own here too

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »
Personally i think it's a mix of many things.The main goal of this site has always been sharing live music.Not having a working tracker makes that hard and was a reason for many to leave i think.Also less and less people are taping because many people prefer getting a show from LCC it seems.As an oldtimer i pretty much know most of the things i wanted to know about the band have pretty much everything i wanted to have. After a while you've heard most of the questions, played the games /rating /polls /top tens you name it.When a new tour starts there usually is more activity but if they keep playing the same setlist over and over there is not so much to talk about.A new album now that would be something to talk about.
And like posted above plenty of activity on FB

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 11:37:23 PM »
These are the people I like talking to about Counting Crows... when there's stuff to talk about we discuss it.

Offline Mangaba

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 08:54:45 PM »
Personally i think it's a mix of many things.The main goal of this site has always been sharing live music.Not having a working tracker makes that hard and was a reason for many to leave i think.Also less and less people are taping because many people prefer getting a show from LCC it seems.As an oldtimer i pretty much know most of the things i wanted to know about the band have pretty much everything i wanted to have. After a while you've heard most of the questions, played the games /rating /polls /top tens you name it.When a new tour starts there usually is more activity but if they keep playing the same setlist over and over there is not so much to talk about.A new album now that would be something to talk about.
And like posted above plenty of activity on FB

but on FB it is a different kind of activity, because all the discussions are totally "directed" by the band publications. Internet forums are oldfashion, but it is still a great way to communicate about specific sujects...

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:00:16 PM »
I meant the fans FB groups not the bands FB

Offline Mangaba

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 03:35:21 PM »
I meant the fans FB groups not the bands FB

Could you show me some of those groups? I would love to make part of them but i am part of only one (Merry Murder) and its not a good one.

Offline Berry

• Marianne
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 07:16:57 PM »
Yeah Merry Murder I noticed that one, it has the most members as far as I can tell. But I am not part of it.  So no good huh, boring?

Do you have Instagram? There is a group called countingcrows_dreadheads.
Everybody's starry eyed

It's like I'm standing on the edge with just a telephone wire
Trying to get to you first to say the world's on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FIpJqW5Mz4

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 05:03:32 PM »
Sorry i'm personally not very active in FB groups so i'm not the right person to ask.Most groups i got added to are gone or pretty inactive and you already know Merry Murder.

Despite the low activity at times Crowstown has always been my favorite place by far for many reasons.The love for live music, the amount of info and knowledge you can find here,the sweetest and most generous people from all over the world.
Most important this has always been a place for everyone old fans and new fans, casual ones and diehard fans.If you are respectfull everyone can express their opinion here, good or bad without getting into a fight or being accused of not being a "real" fan or your post being censored or removed.

Offline Mangaba

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 02:07:37 AM »
Is it the end of Merry Murder?

Offline merrymurder

• There's things I remember and things I forget
    • Counting Crows Merry Murder
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 12:33:20 AM »
Come give us a try, you might be surprised.

We are an open forum but don't allow negativity or bashing of fellow members.

Some grown folks cant handle this but our group is very active and would love to see you there.

Come join the convo.

Yeah Merry Murder I noticed that one, it has the most members as far as I can tell. But I am not part of it.  So no good huh, boring?

Do you have Instagram? There is a group called countingcrows_dreadheads.
There's things I remember and things I forget

Offline Malayka

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 10:29:45 PM »
I've never got into facebook - I have a page set up by my wife but I basically don't ever use it, or look at facebook sites. Just not my thing.
I still keep an eye on this site, although I haven't had much to say on here lately. I used to post more on the alt-cc group, but that's just showing my age!!
I'm fortunate that Andy posts some of the shows that I've taped, for those who like an audience recording, because I haven't a clue about doing that. He's a good bloke!! (although more and more venues are getting difficult to get gear into with wanding and patdowns more common than ever :(

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 11:22:52 PM »
All I need is someone who can integrate a tracker here and I will get this place rocking again. I am not tech guy so I need someone in order to get this going again.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:24:38 PM by Simon »

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 09:14:51 AM »
never expected to see a post from Simon this morning , hope life is treating you and the family well
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 03:18:17 PM »
never expected to see a post from Simon this morning , hope life is treating you and the family well

Thanks mate... I still visit here from time to time however I can't do much anymore except wait for someone to integrate a tracker to the site. My family is all good and hope the same for you and everyone here. I miss the good old days here. We really had a great community. Take care bro!

anything