Author Topic: ATTENTION all members !!  (Read 2241 times)

Offline thehappymundays

• Two for Mirth
Re: ATTENTION all members !!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 02:32:53 AM »
Great news! As always, there's a lot of us here to help in any way we can.

ALMOST THERE... WE WILL HAVE BIG NEWS COMING VERY VERY SOON! ;)

the tension is killing me

Offline Berry

• Marianne
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 07:35:03 PM »
I am endlessly waiting ;)
Everybody's starry eyed

It's like I'm standing on the edge with just a telephone wire
Trying to get to you first to say the world's on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uPVT0GboK8

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 03:22:40 PM »
Any updates ?

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »
Nothing good  :( :( :( :( :( :( - Sorry!

Offline tenzin

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »
I know this may seem silly but would a little bit of cash help? I could probably put together $50? <shrug> Maybe it's not the smartliest of ideas, but it is an idea.
"Patience is a strength, not a weakness; and if by practicing patience we stop retaliating to harm and criticism, people will gradually come to understand that our real nature is very special"

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 04:35:11 PM »
Simon i know you did everything you could as always.
I just would like to know is this a defenite no and the site remains the way it is now or are there still options of moving this to another site and/ or finding other ways of sharing music other than a tracker.
I asume money is not the problem if that was the case i'm sure several of us including myself would be willing to help out.

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 11:25:34 AM »
Simon i know you did everything you could as always.
I just would like to know is this a defenite no and the site remains the way it is now or are there still options of moving this to another site and/ or finding other ways of sharing music other than a tracker.
I asume money is not the problem if that was the case i'm sure several of us including myself would be willing to help out.

Hi Sandra,

Money was never an issue. We were so close but somehow someone dropped for personal reasons so I just can't do this by myself as I am not tech. So basically until further notice this will stay as it is now.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »
What a shame after all that work.I hope some tech person who does have the time will come forward.

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 07:26:40 PM »
Boo. Wish I could help on the tech end but it's not really my forte.

Offline JavaJones

• One for Sorrow
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 11:46:29 PM »
If there is a willingness to contribute money, I think a shared file host like Google, Dropbox, or Amazon would pretty much solve all the problems here, and probably for only $10 or $20/mo, which is probably do-able for the community to pitch in collectively on. Something worth seriously considering since, I'll tell you, trying to put together a torrent tracker is just always going to run into technical headaches. Whereas these general file hosting services are designed for ease of use. It means virtually anyone can admin the site, whereas with a tracker you'll always be limited by requiring free time from someone tech-skilled.

- Oshyan

Offline tenzin

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2017, 02:09:52 AM »
I would commit to donating money each month or yearly if that's easier.
"Patience is a strength, not a weakness; and if by practicing patience we stop retaliating to harm and criticism, people will gradually come to understand that our real nature is very special"

Offline cmstewart21

• And other perfect things.
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2017, 03:05:00 AM »
If there is a willingness to contribute money, I think a shared file host like Google, Dropbox, or Amazon would pretty much solve all the problems here, and probably for only $10 or $20/mo, which is probably do-able for the community to pitch in collectively on. Something worth seriously considering since, I'll tell you, trying to put together a torrent tracker is just always going to run into technical headaches. Whereas these general file hosting services are designed for ease of use. It means virtually anyone can admin the site, whereas with a tracker you'll always be limited by requiring free time from someone tech-skilled.

- Oshyan

Oshyan, the best value I've found for cloud sharing is sync.com. It's a flat $98/per year for 2TB of space. Just wanted to share that number figure, which I think as a one-time-per-year payment would be pretty simple.
I could break like a bird and I could swallow the sea.

Offline kamio

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2017, 04:06:00 AM »
I am a man of action.  I will signup and pay for Sync.

I will then give access upload to those that want to contribute. PM me here or email me through the member's list.

Thanks!

P.S. There are terms in Sync about them deleting/revoking accounts when they receive a copyright infringement notice.  I hope that it doesn't come to that.

---- Edit ----

I created the Share on SYNC.  I haven't subbed yet, but once we hit the FREE storage limit, I will.  If you use my referral code, we get 1GB of free storage

https://www.sync.com/?_sync_refer=5e42ab9f0

So far, cmstewart and cmigs have reached out to me and I've given them the ability to edit the share.  We want to try and follow Simon's excel database.  We prefer to upload only lossless, if available.

If you have a lot you want to share/upload, let me know and I'll add you to the share.

Eventually though, we may need to curtail/limit the amount of people who can contribute to the share so that (1) it doesn't get unorganized, (2) people don't upload copyright material (e.g. CCLive stuff, or commercial releases), (3) people do not upload poor audio quality versions of stuff (if better quality stuff exists).

Thanks for helping me get this archive up and running.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:40:20 AM by kamio »

Offline JavaJones

• One for Sorrow
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2017, 07:56:53 AM »
Wow, way to go Kamio! I appreciate a man of action. :)

- Oshyan

Offline kamio

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2017, 08:07:49 AM »
Oshyan... if you have digital contributions for the archive.  Please let me know.
If you can upload them, I'll give you permissions to do so.

I want to archive CC's legacy for future generations to enjoy!