Author Topic: The new album - What to expect?  (Read 493 times)

Offline Mangaba

The new album - What to expect?
« on: February 06, 2017, 04:00:30 PM »
I think its coming the time for a new album, after SUW (2014)... They didnt talk about it but we know that there is something on the way....

What should we expect of a new Counting Crows album?

What do you think they will do this time? More indie stuff (like SNSM) or more pop stuff (like HC)? A short album (like SUW) or a long one (like RS)?

What are your hunches about this album?

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
Re: The new album - What to expect?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 06:48:04 PM »
Hmm. I'd guess it comes out in 2018. I'd wager it's in the mold of SUW in a lot of ways, just because the vibe of the band hasn't changed much at all. Although, perhaps working on the new album will shake things up a bit sonically.

Offline Berry

• Marianne
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 07:28:13 PM »
I hope they have more songs to choose from. For SUW they wrote 9 and they recorded 9. A longer album would be nice. As for style. Does CC have a style? ??? I like the more personal lyrics, you know about Adam himself. Hard Candy is a nice album, something in that style.
Everybody's starry eyed

It's like I'm standing on the edge with just a telephone wire
Trying to get to you first to say the world's on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FIpJqW5Mz4

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 08:02:17 PM »
My guess is it will be at least two more years before we see a new album.I expect it to be similar to SUW ,short and similar style o7f writing.
My hopes are completely different,i hope we will get something new soon and it will be a long album filled with songs i can really relate to.

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 09:22:43 AM »
sooner have a short album of quality than a longer album with filler,

I think its time for a full on heavy sounding rock album let Jim Immy and Dan go for it.
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline Mangaba

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 11:54:35 AM »
Hmm. I'd guess it comes out in 2018. I'd wager it's in the mold of SUW in a lot of ways, just because the vibe of the band hasn't changed much at all. Although, perhaps working on the new album will shake things up a bit sonically.

hum, 2018? Why only in 2018? They dont have tour dates so far! Maybe now they will have time to work on something new.
One think I never liked about CC is the time between albuns! Its a lot of time, sometimes more than 4 years.

Offline flips

• Five for Silver
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 05:12:24 PM »
I hope they work with a better producer this time, someone who can push them and make them challenge themselves more.
I like soap bubbles.

My books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/flips

anything