Author Topic: Who's still here?  (Read 389 times)

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
Who's still here?
« on: August 04, 2017, 06:13:52 AM »
First time I have logged in for a couple of years. Life has changed, I have a kid these days - fun but exhausting. I'm still 'retired' from collecting but just had some fun reading a few old posts.

So who's still here?

RH

Offline yidosengland

• \" not old , just older \"
Re: Who's still here?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 10:21:02 AM »
I am still here , older but non the wiser , my children are grown up so plenty of spare time for me to waste in these places .

Many of the old gang are still around even if we dont post that much , facebook has pretty much taken over .

Hope life down under is treating you and the family well .
Andy , somewhere in the heart of Sherwood Forest in little old England

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 05:00:59 PM »
I'm here!

I was actually just wondering what you were up to, since I've been working on getting a lot of the old video shared here onto Youtube. What better way to say "Fuck the Underground" than to get these videos out there for everyone to find?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUx27eypQ7az_XcbrGerD7Q

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 06:16:17 PM »
I'm here!

I was actually just wondering what you were up to, since I've been working on getting a lot of the old video shared here onto Youtube. What better way to say "Fuck the Underground" than to get these videos out there for everyone to find?

Chris do you mind if we share the links to those videos here too.( CC live clips on YouTube )With the amount of post on FB it sinks to the bottom really fast.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 06:18:13 PM »
Hi daddy Rob :) glad to hear you are doing well.

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 08:07:45 PM »
I'm here!

Chris do you mind if we share the links to those videos here too.( CC live clips on YouTube )With the amount of post on FB it sinks to the bottom really fast.

Not at all, have meant to add them here as well and just haven't gotten around to it. Would you prefer separate threads for each? Or one running thread?

Offline thehappymundays

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 03:27:43 AM »
I am still here , older but non the wiser , my children are grown up so plenty of spare time for me to waste in these places .

Many of the old gang are still around even if we dont post that much , facebook has pretty much taken over .

Hope life down under is treating you and the family well .

What FB groups do you use?  Thanks Dave

Offline tenzin

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 04:40:30 AM »
OMG! If I had known there was going to be a test, I would have studied... I think I'm still here.! ;)
"Patience is a strength, not a weakness; and if by practicing patience we stop retaliating to harm and criticism, people will gradually come to understand that our real nature is very special"

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 12:03:34 PM »
Chris no hurry, do whatever you think is best.No
 idea how much you are planning to upload.
I think i would make a thread "Chris Video Vault "with seperate post for each video with the info and link.Similar to what you did on FB.Thanks again for sharing all those great videos

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »
Cool, will do.

Planning to upload a fair bit more... slowly working through old hard drives. Seems like the easiest way to preserve this stuff's availability.

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 07:44:40 AM »
Nice to hear from you guys. and glad to see we're all still here - albeit older but of course, wiser.

Chris - good on you for continuing to push the video out - can you include the FTU details in teh descriptions for any that are FTU releases?. I can't remember quite what I've got left that I hadn't yet got around to sharing - but I am certain there are a couple of things. Once I get around to fixing up my third bedroom at home, I will def pull them all out. Are you still doing a mass archive of......everything? Because I can absolutely still contribute video to that for HD's.

I haven't listened to any of the recent (last 2 years) shows. Kinda dawned on me that we should be gearing up for a new album in this predictably unpredictable cycle the band is on? Or am I being too hopeful there?

Andy - life down under is good - although we've had a long winter and I'm ready for some warmer weather (heading to Thailand in a few weeks). My son is 16 months old - little Hamish. He's wonderful - fit and healthy and keeping my partner and I on our toes.

I'm still on my old gmail address if anyone ever needs to be in touch.

RH
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 08:08:54 AM by Rob »

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
Nice to hear from you guys. and glad to see we're all still here - albeit older but of course, wiser.

Chris - good on you for continuing to push the video out - can you include the FTU details in teh descriptions for any that are FTU releases?. I can't remember quite what I've got left that I hadn't yet got around to sharing - but I am certain there are a couple of things. Once I get around to fixing up my third bedroom at home, I will def pull them all out. Are you still doing a mass archive of......everything? Because I can absolutely still contribute video to that for HD's.

I haven't listened to any of the recent (last 2 years) shows. Kinda dawned on me that we should be gearing up for a new album in this predictably unpredictable cycle the band is on? Or am I being too hopeful there?

Andy - life down under is good - although we've had a long winter and I'm ready for some warmer weather (heading to Thailand in a few weeks). My son is 16 months old - little Hamish. He's wonderful - fit and healthy and keeping my partner and I on our toes.

I'm still on my old gmail address if anyone ever needs to be in touch.

RH

I am indeed including the FTU details when the release is from you... trying to include generally as much of the text file as makes sense given the context.

I haven't been working on the mass archive as much... a bit here and there, but it doesn't make sense to put in a lot of work when there's not a great place to keep it available. It'd be so much better if the Crows had given permission to be included on the Live Music Archive... I've been able to do a lot of work to get old Ryan Adams and John Mayer shows preserved there, and it seems more productive to spend my time on something that might last. Also, the last couple of years of shows have me a bit down on the Crows... kind of at a low ebb in my excitement for their shows.

Supposedly, they've started some work on a new album, but knowing them, it means we're looking at another year at least.

Glad things are going well for you!

Offline Malayka

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
Hey all

Still here, lurking away and dropping in periodically.

hope that there I some new stuff on the way - the last album was decent and welcome, and something to freshen up the sets would be nice too. Not that how any song is performed is a problem, more that you can pretty much predict the set, and which song substitutes which. It'd be great to see a show with songs like Ghost train, Amy hit the atmosphere, I'm not sleeping, Up all night, speedway.

Martin

Offline malysa

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 06:39:29 AM »
The main facebook group is Counting Crows Merry Murder
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccmerrym/
Anyone not already joined should totally come join us over there too!
Melissa
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:41:34 AM by malysa »

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 11:50:09 PM »
I was reading an old thread and was reminded of when Rob was consulting for LCC on the archive releases. Can't believe how fast they dropped doing those when it was basically free money for an hour of work (tracking the shows).

anything