Author Topic: Chris' Video Vault  (Read 1499 times)

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
Re: Chris' Video Vault
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 04:49:47 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #16
Great TV session from the RTS tour. In particular, the solo piano version of A Long December is a gem.

Counting Crows Two Meter Sessies 1997
Two Meter Sessies Amsterdam, Holland 26th November 1997 source: proshot 1. have you seen me lately 2. angels of the silences 3. mr jones 4. anna begins 5. a ...

YOUTUBE.COM

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 04:54:49 PM »
Chris' Video Vault #17

Great broadcast from a German festival on the TDL tour. I believe this is the complete show. Pretty good Rain King on this one.

https://youtu.be/nNbzLaa_6cg

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »
Chris' Video Vault #18

Audience recording from the Crows' performance at the Bridge School Benefit in 2003. The shot is of the big screen at the venue, so the shots are good, and the sound is pretty nice for an audience recording. Acoustic set.

https://youtu.be/YnYbVTwQAFw

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 09:40:47 PM »
Chris' Video Vault #19

Dutch broadcast from the Pinkpop show on the RTS tour. The terrific Round Here has been up on Youtube (Barely Out of Tuesday and Privet Archipelago), but not the rest of the broadcast, which is quite good too.

https://youtu.be/MbqHljXIeVI

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 09:44:48 PM »
Chris' Video Vault #20

Complete German broadcast from 2002. Again, the awesome Round Here (with Ryan Adams' Come Pick Me Up alts) has been on Youtube, but none of the rest of the show. Good stuff. Interesting to see Hanginaround used as an opener instead of a closer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3TJi585Q0E

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 10:18:23 PM »
Chris' Video Vault #21

Sometimes I'm stunned at what's not on Youtube. So much so that I assume it has to be one of the rights holders (record company, broadcaster, publishing company) blocking it. But hey, it's not that much work to upload a video and see...

And that's why I'm super happy to present to you the complete broadcast from Live at the 10 Spot, AKA disc two of Across a Wire, as aired by MTV in 1997.

Great show, of course. You all know that. Enjoy the video for the first time or relive it.

P.S. On pretty much all these videos, there's a copyright claim. What that means is that the claimant (usually publishing company) can put ads on the video and collect the revenue (which is fine by me, of course). In this case, the claimant has added it a "viewing restriction." As a result, according to Youtube, this might not show up on "some mobile devices, video game consoles, or set top boxes." I legit have no idea what this covers. So, if you go to watch this and can't, try another device, I guess?

https://youtu.be/F-6T2q1cqRw

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »
Chris' Video Vault #22

A compilation of some TV appearances. Interesting stuff here is a performance of Kid Things on Leno (don't have too much video of that), and a couple of takes on She Don't Want Nobody Near, which I'm pretty sure they haven't played since 2003.

https://youtu.be/2wz-VHKeldA

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 06:17:20 PM »
Chris' Video Vault #23

The Crows on their first European tour, on Jools Holland's show. Parts of this (the interview and Anna Begins) were on Youtube before, but this adds a cool take on Mr. Jones. (I'll note that their 1997 performance on Jools Holland is also on Youtube, so I'm not uploading it, but it's worth seeing.)

EDIT: The BBC has blocked this one.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:55:00 PM by cmigs »

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 06:29:35 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #24
One more for today. I think this is underrated when we talk about the Crows' best shows - they're on, the crowd is amped, and towards the end are a couple of the more unique performances of their career (and I say this having listened to A LOT of tapes).
First, A Murder of One. Nice energy all the way through, but you've heard this before, right up to Adam singing I am not alone, which is always the end... except he looks at the crowd, which is losing its mind, and decides to keep going. He turns to the band and they go into "I will walk along the hillsides..." and you can see the band trying to figure out what he's doing and following along. Amazing. Killer way to end the main set.
Then, in the encore, a really cool version of Goodnight Elisabeth. First, there's California Dreamin' alt (very rare). But then Adam gets out of the last verse to go into It's Alright, which has happened a few times, but I believe this is our only video of it, and with the big crowd singing along, it turns into a really cool moment to finish the show.

Counting Crows Pinkpop 2003
Counting Crows Pinkpop 2003 June 8, 20

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 05:32:04 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #25
This is the earliest full Crows show we have, from February of 1994 (no one's sure of the exact date - this has circulated as two different dates, as described in the notes with the video). Good sound for an audience tape, and solid video quality. Really cool version of A Murder of One closes it out.

Counting Crows February 1994 Full Show
Counting Crows 1994-02-25 Metro Chicago IL or 1994-02-26 Shryock Auditorium Carbondale, IL There are doubts which show this actually is. It is either one or ...

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 05:32:40 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #26
An audience recording from the tour with Live. Not the best quality, but there's some cool stuff here - really interesting Round Here with Live's song Dolphin's Cry as the alt, and Adam's friend Curtis Watson joins to play trumpet on Anna Begins. Thanks to Rob for this one.

Counting Crows Knoxville TN October 24 2000
Counting Crows – 2000.10.24 Knoxville, TN FTU-007 FTU007 - F*** The Underground Taper: Unknown Source: Unknown (hand held) Shot: Audience (hand held) Video: ...

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 05:33:18 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #27
Another piece of a show from 2004, shot from the photographer's pit (I believe). Nice opening Rain King. Thanks to Rob again.

Counting Crows Saratoga CA June 28 2004
Counting Crows - 2004.06.28 Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA FTU-019 (F*** the Underground) Source: Unknown [hand held cam] Shot: AUD Video Quality : 9 Audio Qu...

YOUTUBE.COM

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 05:33:47 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #28
Crows and Augustana perform Cecelia on Good Morning America. Really like their version.

Counting Crows Augustana Cecelia 2009 GMA

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 05:14:43 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #29
Found some audience videos from a 2006 show in Houston. The video is nice - screen shots, quite clear. The audio, however, is pretty bad. Worth a try, I guess.

Counting Crows - Houston September 7 2006 - YouTube

YOUTUBE.COM

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 05:15:06 PM »

Chris' Video Vault #30
Sort of a continuation of a previous one - I found a separate video from Soundstage 2008 of only Round Here. I *think* a couple of videos got posted before they aired the show to promote it, and this is one of them (the other was You Can't Count on Me, which was the single at the time - that one was in the broadcast). Nice take with All I Need is You and HYSML? alts.

Counting Crows Round Here Soundstage 2008
Round Here with All I Need is You and Have You Seen Me Lately alts

anything