Author Topic: Mercury - Live  (Read 142 times)

Offline KaiJensen

Mercury - Live
« on: August 23, 2017, 06:39:19 PM »
So, I've found this Live performance of the Song Mercury, where I have it saved it is listed as the Woodstock performance, however it definitely isn't from the time they played there (Although I might be wrong). I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what show this performance is from.

The way he introduces the song is what stands out to me, and I don't know if it has ever been introduced this way before:

"I used to have this girlfriend, and she was just about 50 miles of bad and broke. She was just so fucking twisted inside, you know. So everything she touched just turned to shit, and she touched me all the time. And you know I was just so addicted, you spend you time, and you get your need built up and you need it and you want it, and they give it to you a little bit at a time, and the rest of the time they turn around and just stick it and stick it and stick it and stick it, and twist it. You can't trust them because nothing they say is true, and nothing they say stays the same. Just Like Mercury."

I might have gotten some bits wrong, but that is pretty much word for word what he says when introducing it, the band is playing the song behind him the whole time.

Any bootlegs you might recommend that I check out would also be greatly appreciated, I've got a few, and I'm just loving them all at the moment and I really want to listen to more

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
Re: Mercury - Live
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 07:46:09 PM »

It's on the official bootleg By the time we got to Woodstock .The show it was actually played at was July 19th, 1999.  Tradewinds, Seabright, NJ.
If you want i can reupload the Tradewinds show

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:04:25 PM by dutchieblue »

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 08:31:03 PM »
http://crows-town.com/index.php?topic=5330.0

I've been uploading a lot of footage (including complete, pro shot performances) to Youtube. Highly recommend the 1997 Devore CA show, for one.

Offline KaiJensen

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 10:46:41 PM »

It's on the official bootleg By the time we got to Woodstock .The show it was actually played at was July 19th, 1999.  Tradewinds, Seabright, NJ.
If you want i can reupload the Tradewinds show

That would actually be amazing if you could!

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 11:22:47 AM »
You can find it in external links.

anything