Author Topic: *Creating a new SHARED DRIVE for Crows Town*  (Read 3595 times)

Offline allenduritz

• One for Sorrow
Re: *Creating a new SHARED DRIVE for Crows Town*
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2018, 08:09:49 PM »
Thank you for clarifying this.  :)

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2018, 05:38:07 AM »
Apologies, I assumed it was in February since they played Seattle right before. But I guess it was labeled "European style."

What show was that 1.23 upload? I uploaded the FLAC files for that.

Offline cmstewart21

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2018, 05:49:35 AM »
Question for someone with more audioknowledge than me.If i have a show in Flac but the format is smaller than normal Flac but bigger than normal Lossy.Does that mean it's most likely some kind of rip and therefore lossy ? I wasn't sure so i added Lossy to be safe.

It could be lossy. I have copies of some shows (multiples in FLAC) where one has been upsampled (meaning it was lossy, but converted to FLAC) and the other is lossless. And the Lossless version is bigger. I am REALLY not an expert, but I just trust this simple app called Lossless Audio Checker > http://losslessaudiochecker.com/ -- you just drop the FLAC file in and it tells you if it's 'Clean', Upsampled, or Transcoded. One of the things I'm doing is checking some lossless FLAC shows and if they aren't clean, still searching out the better copy, if there is one.

And as for space... we should have plenty. It's 2TB of space. I figure -- if we have 1200 shows (I'm high balling that, but I don't know the actual number since Simon stoped in 09) and they average 500MB per show (also high balling), that totals 600GB. If we have some duplicates, maybe that's 700. Then with DVDs, somewhere around 1TB. But we'd still have about a TB left for dups and/or future shows. I can't imagine us coming close to maxing it out anytime soon.
I could break like a bird and I could swallow the sea.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »
Never mind i removed it,i'm sure Chris or someone else has it in lossless Flac.Since i already filled the gaps a few years ago i know i don't have anything that Chris or Adam don't already have so i'm uploading ahead of Chris and if i come across another one that is lossy flac but should be lossless i just skip it to avoid confusion.

Offline cmstewart21

« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2018, 01:55:30 AM »

UPDATE FOR RCS ERA

As of now we have every show except 4 for the 1995-1997 years. We're also missing one alternative source of 1 show. Here's the list:

12.09.96 Beacon Theater New York, NY
01.31.97 Orpheum Theater Memphis, TN
03.17.97 Murat Theater Indianapolis, IN
04.10.97 Tonight Show With Jay Leno Burbank, CA
08.12.97 Chelsea Studios, New York, NY (We have the 7-track portion from 'Unplugged' - but we're missing the Uncut liberated boot on Simon's list)

Also, I am still getting in some lossless/better copies of RCS shows which we only have in MP3/M4a formats. Hopefully I'll get everything finished by the end of the week. Then I'll start filling gaps in on TDL.

If you have any of the 5 shows listed or think you can get them easily, let me know. Otherwise I'll keep chasing them till I find em. Great work!

Offline allenduritz

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2018, 09:10:36 PM »
Has anyone contacted Simon for his help with the shared drive? He did spend a lot of time creating the spreadsheet. That was/is dedication.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:33:22 PM by allenduritz »

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2018, 05:52:26 PM »
Stewart i used the losslessaudiochecker but that can't be right,so many things came back as unsampled stuff that was seeded here but also on Dime .Weird.

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2018, 06:23:42 PM »
I'm done with adding in 2000 for now. Will start on the Hard Candy era stuff in a day or so. I have this sneaking suspicion I have more shows on a different hard drive, but haven't had the chance to do a deep dive yet and want to keep making progress.

Offline cmstewart21

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2018, 08:53:33 PM »
Stewart i used the losslessaudiochecker but that can't be right,so many things came back as unsampled stuff that was seeded here but also on Dime .Weird.

Hmmm yeah, I can't vouch for how accurate it is honestly. Like I said, I'm no expert. That's why I resorted to such a simple app to check mine. I have found it to be somewhat reliable with mine. I discovered the the Telluride 2007 show was not lossless, which turned out to be the case. Same with the Face the Promised Land CD.  But to know for sure someone with more knowledge will have to analyze the tracks.

Offline lewislfowler

• One for Sorrow
    • http://www.untuckedfilms.com
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2018, 11:36:36 PM »

Hi, just seeing this thread. I have a bunch of stuff I could contribute if you guys are interested. List of what I have can be seen here: http://takearide.tumblr.com/post/169556034593

Unfortunately, they are  all mp3s so can exclude ones that we have lossy if you wish.

I tried contributing to the facebook group but found that system too confusing.

Also, in regards to Dan's list... how can I download this show? I was there.
Counting Crows 05/20/14
The McKittrick Hotel, New York, NY

Offline strickamania

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2018, 01:51:04 AM »
It may be right in front of my face but, how do we access these uploaded shows?

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2018, 03:48:45 AM »
It may be right in front of my face but, how do we access these uploaded shows?

Right now, the only people with full access are those uploading shows.

Offline cmstewart21

« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2018, 07:13:33 AM »
Strickamania rest assured we're working as hard as we can to get this drive completed for you and everyone to access. There's a lot going into locating/uploading everything and getting it ready to share publicly. It Will happen.... just will take some more time.

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2018, 06:54:10 PM »
There's a 2003.02.21 show from Manchester in the drive, but I don't think that's a correct date (based on the Crows' site and Simon's spreadsheet), but there's no .txt file to review in there. This is likely a 2004 show (there's a 2004.02.21 date that does exist).

Offline cmstewart21

« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2018, 07:13:55 PM »
You seem to be correct Chris. I found the txt file (in the Disc 2 folder) and it also has 2003 written on it. But the setlist and source info listed in it is the same as what Simon has for the 2004 show. Looks like we'll have to adjust the dates on all of that.