Author Topic: What was the last film you saw?  (Read 9188 times)

Offline KCon45

• Three for a Wedding
What was the last film you saw?
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 01:44:16 AM »
Quote from: Bohm;18634
Anyone seen Iron Man?  I want to check it out so bad.

I saw it last night.  I really liked it.  I thought it was one of the better of the recent Superhero movies.  Sometimes I get bored at those movies and am like "when is it going to end" but it held my interest the whole way through.  I thought it was "scarier" than some of the other superhero movies, in terms of children viewing it  (well to be honest, I covered my eyes a few times, lol)  because there was a hostage scene and other more real violent scenes so I wouldn't really recommend it for anyone under 14 or 15.  I was suprised that some people brought really young kids (like elem age) to it.  
I'd give it a B+ . I thought Robert Downey Jr. did an excellent job and I wasn't sure to expect because he's not the typical superhero type.  

-Keara :)

Offline FrieAaron

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 03:34:48 AM »
I saw "Iron Man" today and give it a 7/10.  It's good entertainment and very funny.  The whole cast does a good enough job, but Robert Downey Jr makes the movie.

Last night I saw "City of God", which is maybe the best organized crime drama I've ever seen.  It's epic, the acting is fantastic.  Everything about the film is great.  9/10.  Might go higher with that in time.

Other movies I watched this week:  Grave of the Fireflies (7/10) and Casablanca(8/10)

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 12:12:04 PM »
I saw Iron man Last night Id give it 7/10 Not enough action for me, but if they do 2nd and a 3rd then It would have been worth it, A nice return from Robert Downey Jr
Crows Town Moderator

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2008, 02:48:14 AM »
Bill And Ted's Bogus Journey played it for my son's, then showed them what vinyl looks like.......................... just give him the 90's feel .
Crows Town Moderator

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2008, 01:06:15 PM »
Cleaner 7-10 Good Film And Good Plot Well Acted

Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull 1-10 - The Worst one of them all

Rambo 4-10 Not the film that It was meant to be

Untraceable 8-10 Good Film Good Plot
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Kasper

• waking and dreaming
    • http://www.myspace.com/kasperkristjansson
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »
I saw Sweet Home Alabama two nights ago. That's sweet. ;)
Whatever happens...
"...We\'ll still come around" ;)

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
The Dark Knight 8/10
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2008, 12:24:09 AM »
I saw Batman The Dark Knight on Friday, Verry good film got to be the best one of them all, joker was played well by Heath Ledger (may God Rest his Soul), didn't have the right mix of characters for me as the Scarecrow Cillian Murphy was only in the film for around 10 mins if that, then they brought Harvey Dent in at the last minute by my standards but as least hes the right man for it this time played well but Tommy Lee Jones but pulled of even better by Aaron Eckhart only god knows why they cast Billy Dee Williams for the part in Batman (1989). Moving quikly on to Lucius Fox brought back from the last film again by Morgan Freeman and plays the part like the Pro he is, Michael Caine doing justice again to the part of Alfred (the butler) Pennyworth

made me get the rest of old box set out

so.....
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2008, 12:48:57 AM »
Quote from: ossobear;22013
I saw Batman The Dark Knight on Friday, Verry good film got to be the best one of them all, joker was played well by Heath Ledger (may God Rest his Soul), didn't have the right mix of characters for me as the Scarecrow Cillian Murphy was only in the film for around 10 mins if that, then they brought Harvey Dent in at the last minute by my standards but as least hes the right man for it this time played well but Tommy Lee Jones but pulled of even better by Aaron Eckhart only god knows why they cast Billy Dee Williams for the part in Batman (1989). Moving quikly on to Lucius Fox brought back from the last film again by Morgan Freeman and plays the part like the Pro he is, Michael Caine doing justice again to the part of Alfred (the butler) Pennyworth

made me get the rest of old box set out

so.....

I watch alot of movies so it is hard for me to say which one i saw last. Infact today i saw two, Carlito's way (Al Pacino & Sean Penn) and An America Murder.  I am not a person who likes batman and those type of movies however i think i will watch the dark night. People have been saying good things about the movie and the ratings are pretty high. Tomorrow i will watch Cocaine Cowboys 2 (docu) and Wanted by the sexy Angelina. :P

Nighty nighty

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2008, 01:04:23 AM »
night night buddy
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Nicolas

• The Law Is Back In Town
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2008, 01:56:42 AM »
iwent to the cinema to watch batman with no expectations at all. i thought 'another batman movie' but this one surprised me. i would rate it with an 8 or something.

Offline conebbs

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2008, 05:57:55 AM »
Movies I have seen this summer. Get Smart, Wanted, The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Hancock.

The Dark Knight was awesome, by far the best I have seen this summer. This movie will and has attracted more than Batman or comic book fans, it is just a a great movie. The Joker, was phenomenal and Heath Legder was amazing, he deserves the praise the he is getting. It is a tragedy he is not here to receive it.

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2008, 11:29:48 PM »
okay so Ive been off for a while now and ive been to see a few films I saw Hancock last week id give it 8/10

im just about to go through a few of this and last years films :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 12:11:35 AM by ossobear »
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Graham

• Age Is A State Of Mind...
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2008, 11:45:03 PM »
Quote from: ossobear;23320
okay so Ive been off for a while now and ive been to see a few films I saw Handcock last week id give it 8/10

im just about to go through a few of this and last years films :D

Bob I think its called Hancock, btw is your wife away :lol:
...And My Minds In A State!

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2008, 12:13:05 AM »
Quote from: Graham;23321
Bob I think its called Hancock, btw is your wife away :lol:

Edited  :lol: and no lol but you tell I'm on new meds :lol:
Crows Town Moderator

Offline Etkar

• Guitar Hero wannabe
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2008, 07:02:37 AM »
Just saw http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1117385/ Felon.
Pretty good movie. Its a tip if ur interested in a movie and havent seen it.
ed

Keep ur head cool and ur feet warm.

anything