Author Topic: The Official Adam Duritz Thread  (Read 3994 times)

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
The Official Adam Duritz Thread
« on: May 30, 2007, 12:00:31 PM »
Hi, I will be opening a different thread for each counting crows band member.

Adam Frederic Duritz

Early history

Born in Baltimore, Maryland, Adam Duritz grew up in Boston, Massachusetts, then El Paso, Texas, and Berkeley, California. Duritz has lived in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Amsterdam and, most recently, New York City. As a student, he attended Head-Royce School, the University of California, Berkeley and the University of California, Davis, but dropped out before earning a degree.

Musical history

Before forming Counting Crows, he was lead singer for San Francisco Bay Area bands, Mod-L Society and The Himalayans. He was also involved in another San Francisco-based band, Sordid Humor.

He has collaborated with The Wallflowers (led by Bob Dylan's son Jakob Dylan) on the album Bringing Down the Horse; with Ryan Adams on Gold and the song "Butterfly in Reverse" from Hard Candy; with Peter Stuart on Propeller and Daisy; with Live on V; and with Dashboard Confessional on the track "So Long, So Long" from Dusk and Summer.

Duritz also contributed songs to the Josie and the Pussycats soundtrack that were performed by the film's fictional title band.

Relationship with fans

Since coming to fame with Counting Crows, Duritz has maintained an unusually open relationship with his fans. This has taken various forms including a diary on AOL later a blog on the band’s official website. He also reads and responds to posts on the band’s messageboard, and recently started a feature called AskCrowsAsk where fans can email questions for band members to respond to. This relationship has not always been smooth; Duritz has clashed with fans and once said on his blog, "Some of you are [incredibly unpleasant people."

Record labels

Duritz has made two attempts to get involved in the music industry as a record label owner; In 1997, Duritz began E Pluribus Unum, an independent label. Before being purchased by Interscope Records in 2000, he signed Joe 90, Gigolo Aunts, and Neilson Hubbard – all of whom he took on the road to open for Counting Crows.

In November 2006, Adam Duritz began production on Chicago pop-punk band, Blacktop Mourning's debut record under the name "The Devil and Bunny Show" alongside Counting Crows guitarist David Immerglück. He later announced, on January 15, 2007, that he was launching boutique record label Tyrannosaurus Records. His debut artists include Notar and Blacktop Mourning

Film

In addition to his musical pursuits, Duritz was executive producer for the films The Locusts (1997) and Burn (1998). He had a cameo in the 2007 mockumentary film Farce of the Penguins in which his character asks, "Who wants to f*** the sensitive guy?"

Personal life

Duritz has dated actresses Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, who appeared in the music video "Long December", Mary Louise Parker, Monica Potter (the Mrs Potter in "Mrs Potter's Lullaby" from This Desert Life) and Winona Ryder.

Source

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:03:28 PM »
Please post any info and other stuff about Adam in here! Does anyone have a family picture of adam? I always wanted to see Adams dad since he also was backing vocals for him on some shows! :)

What do you think about Adam?

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 04:34:24 PM »
theres an official pic of adam's dad on the official website for fanclub members. its in one of the backstage albums. Anyone know what adam looked like as a kid?

Offline KCon45

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 06:09:15 AM »
On Adam's myspace page I think there was some family pics but I dont know if there are any of his dad.  There is a cute one of him in college though

Offline seaangelrainqueen

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 11:19:46 PM »
I did see a picture of Adam holding his nephew's at his sister's wedding, and I believe it is on the pictures on his MySpace profile (I'll have to check that to be sure).  There are 2 or 3 other men in the picture, one who I thought might be his dad.  I believe I saw his dad in a video someone taped of Pink Pop, but not sure.  I am just a wealth of help, aren't I (sarcastic)???

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 02:25:36 AM »
can someone send some of these pics to ajp99@comcast.net? dont mean to be like a stalker or anything.. lol.

Offline Anton

• Pierrot the clown
    • http://fitzcairn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 02:15:55 PM »
http://www.myspace.com/woodythefrench | http://twitter.com/Fitzcairn_

"I\'ve been to Paris 2000, Austin Texas 2001, Paris 2003, Brussels 2004, Paris 2008 and Brussels 2008 !"

Offline john52il

Birthday
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 03:35:57 PM »
Shouldn't today's birthdays have Adam's name listed? :p
I need a raincoat \'cause I am the Rain King.

Offline dutchieblue

• hit me with music
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »
Only if he's a member but some members prefer to keep that info hidden ;) Happy Birthday Adam.

Offline ossobear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 08:26:57 PM »
To be fair if I was Adam I wouldn't have my Birthday listed either..
Crows Town Moderator